DST Beta Update (Phase 1) - October 3rd

Even with the sporadic crashes, I'm managing to have such a great experience that I don't get frustrated at all. Considering how fun this is right now, I can't wait to see how the new features (ghosts, Telltale Hearts, long pig, etc.) are further developed!

Even with the sporadic crashes, I'm managing to have such a great experience that I don't get frustrated at all. Considering how fun this is right now, I can't wait to see how the new features (ghosts, Telltale Hearts, long pig, etc.) are further developed!

OOOH, *THERE* it is! *toggles fun option in beta game settings* 

I made quite a long post here and it wasn't posted because I wasn't logged in... Eh I don't want to write it all over again so I'll try to shorten it.

I've experienced many (and by many I mean A LOT) of games that either crash or are laggy as hell. I would help Don't Starve when it was in beta but unfortunatly I didn't know about forum's existance.

I'd love to give as much bug reports and feedback to you guys. I also hope to get the key soon. As far as I know the public release will take way too long for me. I might wait for it but there are high chances that before public release I will lose interest of this game and together. It happened to me few times so why not now?

Anyway... you are doing great work Klei.

EDIT: Almost forgot. I will be recording my gameplay with either strangers or friends. :)

i have like 5 posts and i got in but then again ive played for a long time like started playing 6 updates before the first named one well atleats im getting active here again! anyways im willing to give one away friend me on steam (just serach up Raboto i should have a guineapig for my icon and shoot me a friend request)  i MIGHT give away a second but definitely not a third 

edit oh im over 20 posts derp

Back in beta DS, I didn't know there was a Forum  :cool2:. Actually, I don't even remember that many bugs in beta.

The more the game evolves, the more bugs will be created <--- This happens with every game. 

You don't know how this works! No beta key for you!  :grumpy:

Jk... jk...

OR MAYBE NOT!

. :yaymultipl::wickerbottomthanks::yaymultipl::wickerbottomthanks::yaymultipl:

The more the game evolves, the more bugs will be created <--- This happens with every game. 

I find that when I make games in simple drag and drop games, I start out and have to intentionally not bug the game, but I usually make text based simple survival games, and probably program differently than a group of professional programmers do, but I never got to interviewing how Klei progresses through making games.

Ill post link of my bad game soon :D

I'm pretty sure there's no more keys by now. 4 keys were given to the 25 most active members (since 100 / 4 is 25). Plus begging gets you nowhere. Infact, I'd say it'd get you nowhere, honestly.

Read again. 

Today we gave out keys to just over 100 previous Don't Starve testers are currently active on the forums.

Assume around 100 active beta testers from the old DS days were invited give or take, not 25.

And there's a reason we're going for a small group of experienced testers.

Trust me when I say we need those veteran testers (plus the F&F for the non-testing mindset observations) to make this stable enough for general testing alone, let alone game release. 

I wouldn't want hundreds of novice people right now currently posting "reports" showing:

WHY U NO WRK KLEI?! 

Archived