Early Access Update 3: GRA@ND B@Z@@R - Patch Notes

• Developer

post-243632-0-15200400-1412110778_thumb.

Click here to view or download the full resolution image! (1920 x 1080)

IMPORTANT NOTE!

As we continue to update the game, we are very careful to preserve player progress. However, mission saves are actually replays of your moves, so any change in balance will invalidate the current mission. In order to maintain compatibility and preserve campaign progress after a balance change, we rewind the simulation back to the last visit to the Map Screen. 

--

New Downloads Available for Incognita.

As always, you amaze us with your high standard of feedback as well as excellent ideas to go with it. The recent forum discussion on the door exploit is a great example of the dedication end excitement you are all bringing, really awesome stuff. 

Update 3 brings you l33t w4r3z!  An arsenal of new programs to choose from when you access the Server Farm. There are some completely new programs as well as several more powerful versions of existing ones. The new team selection unlocks offer a couple of new build ideas to mess with as well. 

More variety has been added to the mission sites.  A new location type appears: The Executive Suite. Jack into the CEO's head to get access codes to the new secondary Vault room. Also, the different location types have been given multiple versions to shake things up a bit.

Keep up the excellent support Operators. More help is on the way soon, and be sure not to irritate ShopCat.

Patch notes for Update 3: GR@ND B@Z@@R

Build 112392

New Features

* New programs for Incognita

* New programs added to starting loadout screen to unlock

* 2.0 versions of several existing programs. More powerful yet costly.

* New Chief Executive Suite location. Used to get Vault Door Codes to get the most out of Vault trips

* Variations of the location specific rooms (Server Farm, Executive terminals, etc)

* New Daemon. Hope you don't find it.

* In-game speech is occluded.

Balance Changes

* Vault rooms have a new Vault Door gating some of the goodies. Vault Door Codes are required to access.

* Program prices have been varied and adjusted.

* Parasite 1.0 was given a cooldown time.

Bug Fixes

* Fix crash if more than 8 daemons were installed.
* Drones can't go shopping.
* Fix overlapping corp icons when playing missions on Easy mode.
* Game difficulty shouldn't incorrectly reset to Normal when loading incompatible sim versions.
* Fix possible error with dragging bodies and escaping.
* Fix problem when trying to click an inventory item that was just dropped or traded.
* Fix Shade operating on units without vision.
* Fix some coroutines being leaked over time.
* Fix delayed EMP fx being played on units that were out of sight.

Hot Fixes

Build 112576

* Fix the board room table prop

* Fix animation bug with female agents

* Fix a corp turn lock up bug

* Fix a shut down bug

* A number of fixes to reduce the occurrences of the guard overwatch instant shooting.

choosing parasite 1.0 as starting program looks like absolutely sensless now =/
(well maybe it could be new challenge, hmmm, need to test)

also parasite 2.0 doesn't have cooldown (apparently one of them need to be fixed)

upd: just finished detention center mission, looks like prisoners cost huge piece of reputation now O_O

and anyone here already suggest give some money for candies etc to additional guards?
That poor guys still loosing their sleepytime, comes to see what's that alarm problem on the floor that their on-duty-buddies doesn't handle with and still have absolutely nothing in their pocket. They disastrous overworked but cannot afford to theirself  just some cup of hot cofee from that fancy nanofab. Damn capitalism! With all these megacorps reign there is no place for working unions, strikes etc =(

P.S. Thanks for great new update! Game looks better and better!

Just played 3 missions of this. Parasite definitely doesn't seem like a good starting choice now, way too slow but I still like it, I'm glad you didn't nerf into oblivion and just gave it a 1 turn cooldown. The Chief executive missions are pretty cool, they have a nice feeling to them; infiltrating a building to find a guy to hack into his brain is definitely is a nice feeling, especially as the hack is being completed.

Also thank you so much for fixing that lag bug that there was when you played the game for a long period of time, that honestly was turning me off from playing the game at times because one of the nice things in this game is seeing the animations play out and it just got so annoying having to watch my agents stutter after every 1 tile of movement. So thanks for that. So nice update so far and I haven't even seen half the new programs. Only seen lockpick 2.0 which I couldn't afford at the time unfortunately.

That Parasite nerf is pretty crippling. You already had to wait after you hacked things, now being able to only hack once per turn pretty much means you can't make any headway in a decent amount of time. Post level 2 alarm, hacking with it becomes impractical, and it's near impossible on harder missions. It probably would've been better if you just put a limit on the amount of things that could have a parasite at once.

I love the new Data Blast program. I don't know how rare it is, but I got it early on in my first run tonight and it made things much easier. A little OP at the early stage I'd say, unless it's a rare item. Then it would be a really nice treat.

Parasite 1.0 was my go to hacking program before this update, but I don't think I'll be starting out with it anymore after the nerf. I don't mind that though, since it often felt very powerful (at least with my play style).

I tried out the Rapier program in my second run tonight, and it seems you'd have to go for another hacking program pretty fast. Could make for some very interesting runs.

Also thank you so much for fixing that lag bug that there was when you played the game for a long period of time, that honestly was turning me off from playing the game at times because one of the nice things in this game is seeing the animations play out and it just got so annoying having to watch my agents stutter after every 1 tile of movement. So thanks for that. So nice update so far and I haven't even seen half the new programs. Only seen lockpick 2.0 which I couldn't afford at the time unfortunately.

Indeed! I bought the game yesterday and it was already bugging me a lot, because a big part of it is watching the animations play.

I'm still unsure about Parasite.

Up to today I used it together with Power Drip and International to quickly scan for things to hack and infect everything. While it was really efficient without a cooldown, it always became more difficult once the firewall level was increased and things needed more than 2 turns to be hacked (that additional camera you overlooked for example).

While Parasite 2.0 is very effectively addressing exactly those higher firewalls, the cooldown on the "1.0" version makes the program ... well ... useless. No more quick hacks and later on version 2.0 is the way to go. So (besides as an achievement) why burden yourself with Parasite "1.0"?  Starting with Lockpick 1.0 and getting Parasite 2.0 is so much more efficient in my opinion.

Nonetheless great update =)

I played 3 maps today continuing a savegame. The parasite v1.0 nerf is a bit too much. I suggest removing the cooldown, but increase the cost of starting "parasite" by 1 for each thing you apply it to in the same turn.

Example:

Turn 1:

Start parasite on a camera: Power cost = 1

Start parasite on a security box: Power cost = 2

Start parasite on another camera: Power cost = 3

Turn 2:

Start parasite on security box: Power cost = 1

Start parasite on a camera: Power cost = 2

etc ...

This way you dont stop the player from hacking several things with parasite if it is strictly necessary, but at the same time you penalize starting the process on too many things in the same turn. So, the player will not parasite everything on sight if he knows what is good for him.

Another variation is to multiply the power cost by 2, instead of adding +1. Cost would be 1,2,4,8 etc ...

Also, it is nice that you added the new v2 versions of programs, but right now I can't replace the programs I have in Incognita nor can I upgrade them (ie: I can't replace parasite v1 with v2 if I find it). This also makes it useless to run Server Farm missions once you filled all your program slots.  I know you are planning to allow to replace programs in the future, but tbh, adding that functionality would have been better than adding more programs at this point. I suggest you put that in the "urgent" section of your todo list, since it's hurting the game experience badly.

The nerf on parasite is not good : it just completely demolish the whole point of the program :

Parasite main strength was to allow you to infect many programs at the same time, at the cost of a longer hacking time.

There is no reason to use it at all anymore over lockpick.

It would be better to either follow Inkar's suggestion, and make it cost more the more parasite you have already running, or make the delay longer. Something like 1 firewall/turn, after a setup time of 1/alarm level (so no FW disabled for the first #alarm level turns). That would nerf the program without rendering it useless.

I enjoy this update - there are more guards than there were previously and corporations have more nasty tricks that can tip the balance in their favor under certain circumstances. I do like what happened to the Vaults - separating artifacts from deposits - but I am not sure if monetary reward from the safes is sufficient, given that you have to steal the code to be able to access deposit boxes, so it's basically two missions long.

I played 3 maps today continuing a savegame. The parasite v1.0 nerf is a bit too much. I suggest removing the cooldown, but increase the cost of starting "parasite" by 1 for each thing you apply it to in the same turn.

Example:

Turn 1:

Start parasite on a security box: Power cost = 2

Start parasite on another camera: Power cost = 3

Turn 2:

Start parasite on a camera: Power cost = 2

etc ...

This way you dont stop the player from hacking several things with parasite if it is strictly necessary, but at the same time you penalize starting the process on too many things in the same turn. So, the player will not parasite everything on sight if he knows what is good for him.

That is a great suggestion, because Parasite 1.0 is currently too weak. Following your suggestion Parasite 2.0 could work like this:

Turn 1:

Start parasite on a security box: Power cost = 1

Start parasite on another camera: Power cost = 2

Start parasite on another security box: Power cost = 2

Turn 2:

Start parasite on another camera: Power cost = 2

Start parasite on another security box: Power cost = 2

etc ...

Found myself going back to lockpick - considering Parasite and Fusion (+Internationale of course) was my go to before, Kudos for the update making me experiment again.

THough I didn't complete it, love the new executive mission

Will we see new/old agents in future updates?

I think I just lived EXACTLY what you wanted on the new "head chip" mission.

It was AMAZING I got 1 of my agent traped by soldiers while my other agent was blocked with the guy with the chip during well at least 5 TURNS (I was like "Are they crazy or what ??!).

Got the chip, found the elevator with my agent, and I had to sneak 5 or 6 soldiers with the other one and FINALY get out in the elevator it was AWESOME

Great difficulty great sensations !

I enjoy this update - there are more guards than there were previously and corporations have more nasty tricks that can tip the balance in their favor under certain circumstances. I do like what happened to the Vaults - separating artifacts from deposits - but I am not sure if monetary reward from the safes is sufficient, given that you have to steal the code to be able to access deposit boxes, so it's basically two missions long.

There's actually a new vault as well with therein... <Highlight to read, as might be slightly spoilerish>  6 Cultural Artifacts<end spoiler>

I have to say I have to chime in on the Parasite nerf being to harsh now. I'd say it's borderline unusable in its current state.

Fortunately Rapier does quite nicely as a replacement. Though you do have to be fast for it to be good. And you definitely need some other hacking upgrade within the first day, otherwise the cost becomes a bit to much. Luckily I found myself a Parasite 2.0 on my current run, so those woes are solved.

The new mission is fun, though I'd remove the Exec's Noticed view cone, as it's confusing, considering he does not move. At all. I have not tried standing exactly in his face to see if he actually does something, but in his noticed zone he just comments repeatedly 'What's that?' 'Huh?', etc. Which is kinda amusing I have to admit. I also think that 6 turns is a bit overdoing it, but I managed to get all my agents out alive, which is what counts. Got kinda hectic in the end though, especially since it was a Heavily Guarded mission :razz: Taking a breather now before I tackle a vault with the key.

Like the new room layouts as well, though I do find it strange how the folding screens in one mission didn't seem to count as a hiding spot.post-285124-0-84202100-1412164212_thumb. Looks like a wall to me, but no hiding icons, and no huddled/wall hugging agents if you stand next to them.

Also a minor clipping/placement issue with a table in the new mission type, it looks like it should be moved a bit, issue remains if you turn the camera, just looks very wonky. post-285124-0-96589000-1412164338_thumb.

I also did notice some slowdown in this mission, as there were quite a few guards moving around, but that might be because my laptop doesn't really have a dedicated graphics card. 

Haven't been able to play with any of the other new features yet, but I'm looking forward to them :-)

• Developer

Hey all, 

Looks like our change to Parasite has brought up a lot of discussion and suggestions. Just wanted you all to know, we are watching the feedback.

The decision to add the cooldown was mulled over quite a bit here. Now we are interested to hear peoples experiences with (and without) it.

Our desire is that Parasite be a viable starting program and will be looking at it with that target in mind.

Our desire is that Parasite be a viable starting program and will be looking at it with that target in mind.

I don't see it as an option for a starting program for me, in its current iteration. But that's because my play style is to try to finish all missions before alarm level 4. With parasite 1.0 as your only hacking program, I think I'd often have to go into level 5 or 6, at least until getting the funds and the luck, to find another good hacking program to accompany it.

As I've stated before, I don't really mind the nerf, since it has forced me to try out other builds, making for interesting and fresh gameplay. The rapier was a welcomed introduction as a starting program, so I'm playing a lot with that for the time being.

I've sunk 60+ hours into the game so far, have completed story mode on normal in all Early Access builds, but I still feel I'm improving my tactical game and keep coming back for more.

Keep up the good work. :-)

Archived