Shouldnt we get 2 keys for the closed beta?

I know it sounds greedy as hell, but afterall, this game is meant to be played with friends, so one key... well i wouldnt say useless cause than we can still try out pvp, but it will be hard to try the core game without a friend you already know and trust..

EDIT :Now when the closed beta is closer than ever, did klei say anything about that?

And to save missunderstandings :

As far as I understood, he meant that if you get choosen to test the beta, you get a second key to activate it. Not for a free game, you still need to have it. Just the code to enable the multiplayer option in your menu.

I think it should be that way. It's a lot easier to test the game if the other player is your friend you can talk to over skype or something...

Thats exactly what I mean, just the multiplayer option, not a free game.

I don't like this idea.
Edit: Wait, by the closed beta you mean that only the ones they choose should get the keys? If thats the case I can kinda understand, but still, they've done it when the game it self was in beta, so I dont see why do that again.

I don't really think this should be a thing. Near the beginning phase of Don't Starve, if you bought the game at regular price they threw in an extra copy of Don't Starve. I was one of those people so I still have my gift code. Two gift codes would be overkill, I'd say get the game while it's still $15. The price will rise after Don't Starve: Together is released.

I don't really think this should be a thing. Near the beginning phase of Don't Starve, if you bought the game at regular price they threw in an extra copy of Don't Starve. I was one of those people so I still have my gift code. Two gift codes would be overkill, I'd say get the game while it's still $15. The price will rise after Don't Starve: Together is released.

As far as I understood, he meant that if you get choosen to test the beta, you get a second key to activate it. Not for a free game, you still need to have it. Just the code to enable the multiplayer option in your menu.

I think it should be that way. It's a lot easier to test the game if the other player is your friend you can talk to over skype or something...

I agree. I have turned a few people onto the game only to be met with... "wait.. we can't play this together?"

Now, if I get selected for the closed beta and one of the three people I know who also play this game DON'T get it... then who would I play with? Not much sense in having people test a multiplayer beta if they're going to have issues finding anyone to play with..

Well, now that they said everyone would get chosen at some point, I'm completely against this idea. They'd basicaly give tons of extra keys to everyone and would barely get any income after the time they spent working at the multiplayer mode.

Don't you guys think it'd be stupidly unfair?

Well, now that they said everyone would get chosen at some point, I'm completely against this idea. They'd basicaly give tons of extra keys to everyone and would barely get any income after the time they spent working at the multiplayer mode.

Don't you guys think it'd be stupidly unfair?

HUGO RIGHT NOW:

8a2LqFE.png

[Also, I agree. It would be unfair.]

wait, but won't DST be a free update to DS? so if they give away a second Beta key all that will happen is that they'll have double the people or everyone will half the chance of winning(if they cut the number of winners in half).

I'm not sure how I feel about this, since I would very much like it to play with my friends, but also think it would be unfair if they had to reduce drastically the amount of people just because of this.(specially because my chances of winning are quite low)

Edit: after checking the FAQ and noticing that basicly everyone is getting a key in their time, I don't think anything of what I said makes sense anymore. Nope, only one key each.

Tomer it's a free update, the only changed thing was the price, this forum is usless. Can truthseeker or J20 lock this up?

Wht is it so complicated? Im ralking about getting the key foe a friend that already got the game.. just a key for the closed beta for the sake of testing tohether.

Tomer's right.

He's asking if you're in the beta can't you invite a friend to play with you?

I have had many an Alpha or beta where invited members were given keys to also invite their friends to have people in multiplayer/MMO.

This is no different, and the beta would work the same as the other Klei games have (except if you already have DS, you can unlock more characters than 2 to play with in DST, as per the FAQ.) 

(And remember: if you truly feel a thread is inappropriate, do not talk about it publicly in the thread; use the report link at the bottom of the post(s) in question. )

Again, thank you @Tomer8009!

l now return you to this very valid topic. 

Wht is it so complicated? Im ralking about getting the key foe a friend that already got the game.. just a key for the closed beta for the sake of testing tohether.

Well, anyone can sign up, Tomer if you got 2 keys it'd mean more feedback, yes. But we all know Klei doesn't want 1 million people exploring servers right away not knowing what to do, killing other players constantly mainly as Wilson. It'd be a pure bother to Klei if that'd happen.

Well, anyone can sign up, Tomer if you got 2 keys it'd mean more feedback, yes. But we all know Klei doesn't want 1 million people exploring servers right away not knowing what to do, killing other players constantly mainly as Wilson. It'd be a pure bother to Klei if that'd happen.

I'm a little wrong here not not being more clear also. This friend key or keys is done in the early beta when there are few people signed up and it's a special thing to spread interest to more diverse groups.

When we get to large-scale invitations, this has been long discontinued. 

Edit: oh shoot I should've said "Right"

I'm a little wrong here not not being more clear also. This friend key or keys is done in the early beta when there are few people signed up and it's a special thing to spread interest to more diverse groups.

When we get to large-scale invitations, this has been long discontinued. 

I think that you can make special cases outside of that, though. If a game is heavily oriented at coop between a couple of people, joining random servers is often a pretty big hurdle to player participation, even among those selected.

For example, I got into the Heroes of the Storm alpha, played like 5 games, and then stopped because I have no other friends in it. This is still something that's preventing me from going back and playing it.

That being said, I love Don't Starve enough that by the gods I will FIND people to play it with, but I imagine for many they'd be wayyyy more comfortable if they could just invite a friend.

I really wish we did. My friends and I have applied and I am SO excited about playing with them. Should I get into Beta and neither of them do, I'm not all that sure I want to play.

I have no interest at all in experiencing the PvP with strangers or playing with a bunch of people I don't know. Most MMOs I've Beta-tested had at least a couple of temporary keys for my friends once I got into Beta.

And no, to anyone getting upset about people getting a 'free' game - that would not be the case. This is a very common practice for multiplayer games to give friend-keys to people who get into Beta. Friends do often prefer to play together.

Wouldn't it make way more sense to let 10 people into the beta and let each of them invite a friend, rather than letting 20 people into beta who have only strangers to play with?

I agree with you. Fortunately, in the latest post it's clear that's what's going to happen, although it will be more like letting 10 people into the beta for a few weeks, then giving the 5 that play the most 10 more keys to give to friends.

Archived