Should charators drop charator exhaustive items?

Yes yes I know what ur thinking, stealing Wendy's flower but I mean like if you kill a charator there was a small (1% chance) that it would drop a charator item which could be refined into a fully repaired item. For example if you kill wickerbottem you would get broken glasses and when combined with reed or rope you get glasses which would be for cosmetic or give like a small perk like the screen getting like 3 pixels bigger or some small perk like that. Willow would drop ashes or something like that and Wilson if he had any amount of beard hair he would drop 1 of it.

If willow dropped fire then that would be the ultimate troll. So what do you think?

Emm, Wilson dropping extra beard hair if he had beard grown is something I never thought about. The glasses would need to be a special item for Wicker bottom in case of those, and seing further with them sounds interresting as well. Ashes from Willow? One does not simply poop ashes upon death!

I'm actually more on the "no" side Even if other characters couldn't use the items, they could hold onto them preventing newly restored characters from getting their signature items. And if everybody could use everybody else's uniques, then the game loses its balance. 

So what's the point of picking up an item this way? The original character can go and retrieve it even if the rest of their stuff is looted or always have it respawn on them in the first place. 

It should be that Characters can't pick up other character specific items. They should say "I can't do that..." or "What use do I have of this?" since no character could read Wickerbottom or Maxwell's Books as both are hard to read. And no one could summon Abigail without her going away from them or not understanding them. And no one will be able to use Willow Lighter without burning themselves. And we can all agree no one besides Wigfrid would want to wear her things. Also if that's true then characters should be able to either pick up their own items or respawn with their items when they resurrect.

Wasn't she in the Addams family?

*ba da dum, chiii*

I dunno. Haven't watched that show in ages.

Btw, do you know a video where that *ba da dum, chiii* is shown, or its originality or anything?

Anyway, back to the topic: I really don't think it should be that complicated and you would lose sanity from Wilson's extra looted beard as if you "shave" him.

I dunno. Haven't watched that show in ages.

Btw, do you know a video where that *ba da dum, chiii* is shown, or its originality or anything?

Anyway, back to the topic: I really don't think it should be that complicated and you would lose sanity from Wilson's extra looted beard as if you "shave" him.

Old comedic rimshot from vaudeville days. 

I could consider shaving a dead Wilson *shudders* if it didn't unbalance the game. The idea of the other characters is all have strengths and drawbacks. Since Wilson has no drawbacks as the default character, the de-facto drawback of all other characters is the "difficulty of getting beard hair" to build Meat effigies as well as less insulation (and no minor saving sanity boost.)

Simply killing other Wilsons to farm hair offsets this game balance, therefore, beards should also be on the "no get" drop list. 

I think it should vary from item to item, in a way that's consistent with the internal logic of the world. My ideas:

• Maxwell: The codex has significant insanity aura, even when in a chest. (Only when not in Maxwell's inventory, and doesn't affect Maxwell.). Attempting to read it as a character other than Maxwell will leave the character stunned for several seconds and severely hurt sanity. When Maxwell is revived, a shadow puppet will spontaneously spawn, and attempt to deliver the codex back to Maxwell, killing the character holding it, or destroying obstacles in its path, if necessary. If killed, it will respawn in a few seconds, continually respawning until its task is completed.
  • Wilson/Webber: If you have a razor you can shave their corpse for beard hair/silk, at a substanial sanity penalty.
  • Wes: Trying to use the balloons as another character just results in a short animation where the balloon flies away.
  • Wendy: She keeps her flower as a ghost and can still use it. In fact, she can summon Abigail simply by haunting the flower once it's ready, but Abby will not attack anything, and only follow the player around, until revival. The flower wilts, producing a handful of dark petals, if she final-dies.
  • Wickerbottom: The books are "incomprehensible" to other players and have no effect other than a small loss of sanity (doesn't consume the book). She can trigger the book's effect by haunting it on the ground.
  • Wigfrid: Other characters won't get the option to equip her spear or helmet (but can pick it up), and upon examination call it a "useless prop" or similar.
  • Willow: Another character attempting to pick up the lighter will be treated to a spontaneous fire at their feet. A different Willow will refuse to pick it up, commenting that it's "special to someone".
  • Woodie: Lucy attacks other players that come near her. This includes other Woodies.

<p>I think it should vary from item to item, in a way that's consistent with the internal logic of the world. My ideas:

• Maxwell: The codex has significant insanity aura, even when in a chest. (Only when not in Maxwell's inventory, and doesn't affect Maxwell.). Attempting to read it as a character other than Maxwell will leave the character stunned for several seconds and severely hurt sanity. When Maxwell is revived, a shadow puppet will spontaneously spawn, and attempt to deliver the codex back to Maxwell, killing the character holding it, or destroying obstacles in its path, if necessary. If killed, it will respawn in a few seconds, continually respawning until its task is completed.
  • Wilson/Webber: If you have a razor you can shave their corpse for beard hair/silk, at a substanial sanity penalty.
  • Wes: Trying to use the balloons as another character just results in a short animation where the balloon flies away.
  • Wendy: She keeps her flower as a ghost and can still use it. In fact, she can summon Abigail simply by haunting the flower once it's ready, but Abby will not attack anything, and only follow the player around, until revival. The flower wilts, producing a handful of dark petals, if she final-dies.
  • Wickerbottom: The books are "incomprehensible" to other players and have no effect other than a small loss of sanity (doesn't consume the book). She can trigger the book's effect by haunting it on the ground.
  • Wigfrid: Other characters won't get the option to equip her spear or helmet (but can pick it up), and upon examination call it a "useless prop" or similar.
  • Willow: Another character attempting to pick up the lighter will be treated to a spontaneous fire at their feet. A different Willow will refuse to pick it up, commenting that it's "special to someone".
  • Woodie: Lucy attacks other players that come near her. This includes other Woodies.

I agree with everything except for Willow and Woodie. I think that Willow's lighter could be carried by anyone (besides there was too much of it in the PAX's demo) but not used by anyone else except a Willow character. If the clones become a thing, Willows could swap the lighters so they will only be used by a Willow character. Woodie's axe should be possible to be used by all the characters, but chopping trees wouldn't be so fast for the other players (like when you use the console in single player for the axe) and she would constantly moan at you if you use her, and ask you to give her back to Woodie every once in a while.

I agree with everything except for Willow and Woodie. I think that Willow's lighter could be carried by anyone (besides there was too much of it in the PAX's demo) but not used by anyone else except a Willow character. If the clones become a thing, Willows could swap the lighters so they will only be used by a Willow character. Woodie's axe should be possible to be used by all the characters, but chopping trees wouldn't be so fast for the other players (like when you use the console in single player for the axe) and she would constantly moan at you if you use her, and ask you to give her back to Woodie every once in a while.

My concern is more making sure that the player can reasonably recover that item even in a PvP situation, as they can't be crafted. Yeah, if everyone's cooperating, it's not that big a deal, but it'd be kinda breaking the rules of the game if they behave differently in a small playercount co-op environment.

In addition, I'm trying to balance the werebeaver form somewhat. There's a big disincentive to using the form, making Woodie a very weak character, if all your items are left defenseless on the ground wherever you transform, to be picked up by a random enemy player.

Guys I mean u get broken items hat are cometics not the classic "I got ur nose" but with your special item. Also I mean ur attacking someone with hair on their face it should be sliced and cut off. Look what I'm trying to say is that the items dropped should be broken and could be worn for small bonuses not stealing, or would allow you to use that charator's item like glasses would allow you to use wickerbottem's books with a weaker effect (it allows you to read, not understand runes) or lucy would hurt u for 1 dmg every time to use it (ur not woodie) or if u have woodies beard/hair would allow u to use it with no dmg

Archived