Tom's spider farm!

tommy

have you ever wanted those precious spider materials without the hassle of killing them?

well have no fear because your friend tom has discovered a fast and simple way to farm them!

all you need to do is find a spider nest and place rabbit traps around the perimeter of it and vola!

you'll be catching spiders in no time.

anyways here is a picture of what i have so far and it is very very effective.

fy1gmg.png

let me know what you guys think!

Guest Dandytard

Hahahaha, You sir are a bloody genius!

I think I'll try this one out, when I get enough materials to build anything.

I love how that rabbit is just standing there, as if saying 'First time someone isn't farming us only.'

I used this technique too, but since an update/hotfix the spiders walked through the traps, so I couldn't catch them. Maybe the devs re-fixed it or it's a bug in my game. Now I farm spiders by planting a spider egg in a piggy town. They fight each other at dawn and the next day I can pick up some silk.

Hahahaha, You sir are a bloody genius!

I think I'll try this one out, when I get enough materials to build anything.

I love how that rabbit is just standing there, as if saying 'First time someone isn't farming us only.'

i discovered this by accident when a spider ran into one of my rabbit traps :D

Bees.. can be trapped? Now that makes sense, little bees knocking over a big goddamn stick.

The stick is just to hold the trap up. The mechanism to close the trap is activated by a laser, which reacts if sth. interrupts the laser. Then an other mechanism produces a blast wave, which knocks the stick down.

Edited by Osterhasi

Guest Dandytard

It also USED to incinerate anything that is caught beneath the trap, Which explains why you could find stingers and meat under it.

Guest Dandytard

However, That doesn't explain why there's just a piece of meat, instead of a corpse inside the trap. The incineration would be strong enough to burn the critter's bones and flesh ( I'm bullpooping here.), however leaving the organs scratchless.

I already knew about it but didn't bother since it was easy enough killing 4 spiders at a time. Now that there's around 8 coming out when you hit the nest I've been using a few traps to cut the numbers back down to what they were :)