Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

White's expression wasn't blank anymore, instead, it was a combination of disgust and hatred. Of course, he couldn't even be bothered to remember how he ruined peoples lives. She contemplated refusing to answer him, but she had already held everyone up enough.

"Ice"

She practically spat the word out at him.

As Maxwell listened to everyone recite their abilities, he slowly nodded. An odd look of tiredness and sadness crept onto his face, almost suddenly.

"Alright, now that I know what you all are capable of, it's time to make a plan. Bael cannot be attacked through conventional means- he's too fast and can control time. White, you will need to use your skills whenever possible to make the floor slick and to slow him down. In addition, try to protect everyone with your ice. Finally, when Will yells for it, encase his blade in ice to hurt him more. Bael never did like the cold. Jayden, you will need to make sure Bael does not control anyone's minds. While you can't control your friends' minds, you can protect them. Also, I don't see why you couldn't be able to land any blows you could, so you'll help in that sense too. Joseph, you will prevent Bael from altering space and you will assist Will in dealing the most damage. Will, you are to keep on Bael at all times to prevent him from transforming. You will absorb him after defeating him with my aid, and then you will take the throne temporarily to revert time back to before Bael was freed. Hopefully, the modifications They placed on the Throne will give it an extra boost and Violet will be able to be revived."

"Wait, what?! They modified the Throne? How?! And... it might bring Violet back!? And anyone else who died!?"

"Yes. After last time, They put more power into the Throne to allow be to fend off any intruders from now on. It's also how I was able to make this are much more livable."

"Oh my god... we might be able to save Violet! We can do this, everyone! We just have to stick to the plan, and Bael will be defeated!"

Maxwell closed his eyes, lifting a finger to his forehead.

"Someone's coming. I'm not sure if it is Bael or not. I suggest you all get in position now."

The group complies, ready to attack Bael. They hear footsteps, and a figure emerges from the doorway. However, it is not Bael. It was what seemed to be a man, covered in heavy metal armor.

(There you go, Kaluriux. Just like we agreed. Now it's your turn.)

Edited by Will

The adventurers waited. Poised to strike at whatever was making the noises echoing through the corridor. The strange sounds of clanking and heavy metal footfalls were enough to raise the hairs on their necks. (It must be clockwork!) The door bursts open and a large man, clad with a full set of armor enters. Characteristically, he trips on the door frame as he walks in and a huge 'BOOM' followed his fall.

"Oy, pardon my entrance! Quite embarrassing indeed!"

He struggles to lift his body off the ground, but eventually succeeds.

"I see you have company! My name is Weallix, Weallix of Paluster. Nice to meet you!" the peculiar man chuckled at the sight of other adventurers, "Quite a long walk hither Maxwell! What are you afraid of?" Weallix has only been here for a few hours or so and hasn't seen the horrors and evil of this new world. He hasn't the faintest idea that the companions are about to fight a demon. He's actually quite intrigued about this new adventure ahead of him, and that happiness spread to each of the group members as well.  

That...was unexpected.

And Jayden didn't like it at all.

Another one...who doesn't even know him...

But not all hope was lost: if they could become friends fast, he would be really useful...

"Greetings, Weallix! Even if this is not a place I would like to be in, it's always nice to meet new people. My name is Jayden, nice to meet you, sir!"

White blinked a few times, standing there awkwardly. She wasn't quite sure what to make ol this stranger. Suppose the best thing to do would be to introduce herself.

"Hello Weallix. My name is White."

While she didn't have any sadness in her voice, she didn't speak with much confidence.

"Heavens! You are in quite a pickle indeed! A Demon you say?" Weallix bursts into laughter and unfastens his Claymore, "Here's my blade. I'm a bit too plump to be fighting demons though, don't you think?" He eyed the group through the slit in his helmet, suddenly sobering up as he sees the pain and seriousness the their faces; instantly changing his demeanor. "Oh, don't bother! You are safe as long as a knight of Paluster is around! My sword and shield are with anyone who has a good heart." The group could feel the warmth of Weallix's smile and wink through his helmet.

<I don't know, something about him... makes me feel good. Besides, he looks like he could take a lot of hits. I mean, we're trusting Jayden, so why not this guy?>

"Well, Weallix, we'd be happy to have your help. This is our final battle, and the more the merrier!"

(Heyheyhey what if I wanted Joseph to go up to him and try to kill him?

I didn't, of course. But what ifs are fun.)

Joseph nodded, keeping his eyes trained on the newcomer. It was difficult to stare directly at him and frown, however, and he occasionally looked away to maintain a straight face. Thus, Joseph began attempting to build up a mental wall to hopefully block off the uninvited emotion.

"Yes. As it stands, I think we have a good chance against Bael. As long as no one messes up too badly. Just remember your roles. I'll keep Bael busy, Jayden will protect us from mental manipulation, White will keep us protected, slow down Bael, and give our weapons a little edge, Joseph will stop Bael from altering space and will attack Bael with me, and Weallix will take hits and dish out some pain. A pretty good line up, if I do say so myself. Once we're done with this, we can all go home."

"Bael can control time and space to a small extent, and he causes insanity by being near him. He's also a capable hand to hand fighter, as well as a blade master. He doesn't have any range on him, so just stay back if you can. If he comes after you, don't turn your back. Just try to dodge and duck. If you find yourself not being able to move, he's trapped you in time. The only thing you can do is struggle to get free as fast as you can."

Will unsheathes his dagger, and extends it into his blade form. He looks thoughtfully at the sky blue gem inside, and then raises his blade into the air.

"We will win this fight! We will not let Bael overcome us! We will see the light of day once again! Now, is everyone ready!? Because this will be a fight to the death!"

Maxwell looks on at the group, thinking to himself.

How do they do it? Even when certain death awaits them, they manage to be optimistic. Too bad for them Bael just left the HQ, so it won't last for long. I guess I should tell them.

"Everyone, I hate to be the barer of bad news, but Bael just left the HQ. He is on his way to the throne as we speak."

Will turns to Maxwell, and nods.

"Okay, everyone. Remember what I said and we'll be fine. Any questions before we get into position?"

Weallix stood dead still for a long while. His sword was propped precariously upon his shoulder and his left arm hung loosely at his side. He swayed back and forth as if he was about to fall. Then, he suddenly jolted up and gasped, "O-hoh!! Camalopard! (Pardon my language) I must have dozed off! How are we going to kill this demon? I have no salt or holy water... And surely none of you have divine powers to banish it, right?"

"Well, we aren't going to kill it. Only incapacitate it so I can absorb it, and then use its powers to reverse time before this all happened."

'Bael is halfway down the hall. He'll be here in around 5 minutes, judging by his speed."

"Alright, everyone! In positions! Stay to the sides of the door and be silent! I'll go up top to drop down on him! Let's go!"

The group quickly complies, getting into position. The ragtime music restarts, as the group erases all signs of their presence. To the group, it feels as if every second was a minute. Slowly, Maxwell began to look more on edge, as the moment of truth was quickly approaching. Finally, to break the silence, the group began to hear faint running. The group braced themselves as the doors flew open, and Bael was standing in the middle of the hall.

"Hello, Maxy. Hope I'm not interrupting anything!"

Will held his breath, as he slid the green gem into his blade. He quietly pressed the button, as the sword glowed a bright green hue.

"BAAAAEEEEEL!"

Will leaped down from the door frame, sword ready to stab Bael. Bael jumped barely jumped backwards.

"This.... is for Violet! DIE, YOU BEAST!"

Will charged forward, timing all of his strikes to block Bael's accordingly. Sparks flew around the room as steel clashed with steel. The two were perfectly matched.

"White, your turn! Slow him down!"

Joseph eyed Bael, gripping Pops tightly now. He wasn't taught so much about specifically destroying something that affected time specifically, but he had been taught the ways of countering a mental ability. He prayed that would be enough. It would take quite a bit of energy, however, so he stopped levitating his body in order to conserve his strength, and the Telepath watched and waited for a moment when he was needed.