Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

Jayden noticed how Violet was looking at him, and how she walked away to whisper something to Joseph...that was suspicious saying the least.

He approaces White, and whispers:

"Keep your eyes opened, White. I am not sure how much we can trust them."

White whispered back.

"Don't worry, Jayden. I know it's kinda hard to trust new people, but they saved my life."

She might have left out the part where one of them almost got her killed and another wanted to leave her, but what he didn't know won't kill him.

Probably.

vIOLeT STaBs WhiTE IN tHe BacK AnD JaYDEn ToO

The radio jumps up in pitch and speed, but is still incomprehensible. The group stops.

"Everyone, we are getting very close to the base. I don't know what will be waiting there for us, but it probably won't be pretty."

White grips the flashlight nervously. What if they had to fight? What if they ran into that robot with the strings again? Violet and Will were probably trained for this stuff and they barely hit the thing. She didn't know how to fight; all she could do was swing a blunt object around and hope she hit something. She wasn't nearly as fast as them either. What if those strings got to her. She shuddered at the thought.

(*pokes @DwerBomb *)

(It's funny: I was just about to post my reply :p)

While walking, Jayden gets closer to White and whispers:

"Don't worry. I would never let something bad happen to you."

He then backs away a tiny bit, to not put the girl under pressure, and says:

"You know, I had always wanted a sister...someone to look after, someone who would look at me like a hero...Too bad my parents never wanted to have another child...they already felt like I was a burden for them and their business."

As the group resumes their walk, eager to leave the utter darkness. The radio continues to be their incomprehensible guide, leading them to their goal. But, just when they were about to give up on escape, the radio changed pitch one final time.

Turn..... back..... turn...... back.....

The group stops in fear. There is only silence, other than the cryptic warning coming from the radio.

"What... what the f**k is that!?" 

Will looks to the radio.

"I don't know, but it's not good. Everyone, there's a fight coming."

Dispite the previous reassurance, White can't help but feel a wave of fear corse through her. She gripped the flashlight hard enough to turn the knuckles white and slowly scanned the area for threats. The air around her dropped in temperature just enough to be noticeable.

The group continues with their weapons drawn, when a large sphere of light appears before them. They rush inside, seeing the nightmare lights lighting up all around the bass of the teleporter. Will lets out a sigh of relief.

"Oh, thank god. I thought there was going to be some terrifying eldrich abomination for us to fight up here."

Just as Will laughed that, one by one, the lights turn out. All of their torches turn to ash, and the bulb on White's flashlight bursts.

"S**T! THE LIGHTS! DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING!?"

Violet raises her blade and channels her electricity into it, giving a warm glow of light, but an unseen force knocks her to the ground.

"VIOLET! Are you okay!?"

"Ow, f**k! What do we do!? That night monster thing is going to kill us!"

As if on cue, a loud roar surges through the air, and Violet let's out a blood curdling scream.

"GET AWAY FROM ME!"

"VIOLET! NO! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING! ****... White can't do a thing, and neither can Jayden... Joseph! Please tell me you can make light!"

(Okay, if this is super cheap and stupid that all of a sudden conveniently Joseph can make some source of light, then let me know and I'll remove it, I just don't want any characters to die at the moment.)

Joseph swiftly ran Pop's blade down the back of his hand, his blood dripping to the ground. It emitted an odd, eerie light. It was small, but it seemed to glow nonetheless.

The sad thing was, that Jayden and Joseph's deus ex machina(s? Is that the plural form?) only served to protect them. The roaring sounded again as the sound of nearing footsteps assaulted Joseph's ears, as Violet frantically ran to his light. Just as it seemed she was going to make it, the sound of a blade slashing through flesh rang in everyone's ears as blood splattered into Joseph's circle of light. Violet's head rolled into the light, an expression of pure terror inscribed on her face.

"VIOLET!! NO!"

Will runs into the circle of light, and falls to his knees over her head. He lifts it, and begins to cradle it.

"No, please... don't leave me here..."

Jayden's lighter conveniently runs out of gas, and a dark force covers Joseph's light. White hears a loud roar all around her.

"VIOLEEEEEEEEET!"

The entire area bursts into light, as Will is set ablaze in gray fire. Approaching White is what can only be described as a mass of darkness and sharp, serrated edges. It turns to face Will, and it's white eyes bulge. Will drops Violet's head, and stares at his hands.

"I... what? Inigo's powers... but he died... This... I could have saved her... I could have..."

His head slowly turns to monster shaking in terror at Will's appearance. Will's face (or lack thereof) contorts into primal rage as he let's out an ear piercing shriek. His left arm lengthens to the size of a large rope, and begins to flail about. He ***** his shoulder, and sends the arm flying at the monster like a whip. It sets the monster ablaze, as it thrashes about. The arm coils around the beast, and tightens. The monster collapses into a cloud of white ash, as Will's arm returns to its normal length. The nightmare arms are set alight. Will attempts to rise to his feet, but falls to his knees as he is assaulted by a torrent of memories.

"I'm going away, too. There's no need to stay. You know I'm not Snowfall. But, you should know. She really enjoyed your presence."

Snowfall falls onto her back, and completely fades away. A gentle breeze floats on the wind.

Thanks, mate. It was a good run. Tell Will he can still use my abilities. You'd think he'd 'ave at least tried to, you know?

"I had my powers... the whole time? And.. you didn't say anything?"

I could have saved her. But you... forgot to tell me something.

Will practically teleports in front of Joseph, leaving a trail of fire from where he once stood.

Her blood is on your hands.

Will returns to normal, as he falls to his side, unconscious.

Violet is dead.