Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

"Wait, don't. Jayden might try to persuade White that you were trying to do something to her and turn her on us. We need to only do things to her consent. We can't risk him messing with her. We can't do anything to him, either. White will get the wrong idea. Damn it, how did we let this escalate so far?"

"I don't know who White would believe. As much as I'd like to think it'd be us, mind control is a tricky business. We'd best just see how things go at our current pace. Maybe he'll make a mistake and we can capitalize on it. Anyway, I feel uncomfortable leaving Bael out of my sight for so long. We should go back."

Bael stirs from his unconsciousness.

"So, you didn't absorb me. It doesn't matter. You'll all die anyway, what does it matter to me how?"

"Cut the bull s**t, Bael. You're going to lead us to your boss."

Bael bursts out laughing, but quickly stops.

"You actually think I'd do that if you asked? I don't know if you've forgotten this, but I'm a demon. I'm not going to just do something like that because you want me too."

"We don't have a choice. There's no way we're going to be able to find his leader without his help."

Will lifts Bael to his feet.

"Well then, go ahead. Tell us where to go."

"Anything to prevent the oaf from crushing me again. They are in the caves, deep down. We will need to wait for the nightmare clock to strike midnight, and then the way to her lair will become open."

"Wow, you didn't even try to joke. Why are you so willing to tell us where your leader is?"

"Because when you all get there, you die. By all means, let us rush off to your glorious deaths."

"We'll see who dies then. Alright everyone, we need to begin searching for an entrance to the cave system below our feet. The hole will be covered by a small totem of stones. We can't dig down because we might fall into the abyss if we aren't lucky enough to land on the cave floor."

The group quickly leaves the plains and quickly finds themselves in a query. They see many rocks, but none of the fit Will's description.

"Alright, I think this place is a bust. Let's try the forest. I've seen cave entrances there before."

Will lowers his pickax and lifts his map.

"Yep, there is a forest west of here. We should look there for an entrance. Everyone ready to move on?"

White had remained quiet throughout the entire journey there, seemingly deep in thought, and for the past minute or so had been staring at her palm. She grunted and suddenly pulled her hand back, rubbing the palm with her other thumb. She seemed quite frustrated and angered.

(Let me do that a little differently, if you don't mind.)

After a few minutes of walking, White catches a glimpse of rock through the trees. She stops and walks a bit closer to it to find what looked like a pile or rocks hastily placed together atop a hole and fused together.

"Is that what we're looking for?" she says pointing to the pile of rocks.