Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

Bael staggered, his foot caught in ice. Will took his chance and launched forward. Bael smashed the ice with his blade, and fell back to avoid Will's slash. He rolls to his side, and rises to his feet.

"Well, if it isn't Will and his friends. Now what could you be doing here?"

Bael raises his blade, and points it a Will.

"You're not getting away this time. Soon, you'll join your friend. 'GET AWAY FROM MEEEE!' That was hilarious!"

"SHUT UUUUUUP!"

Will charges forward, catching Bael off guard with his wild slashes. Bael dodges nimbly, almost managing to get a few hits in on Will. Finally, his eyes glow red as he tries to stop Will in his tracks. When he finds himself unable to, he lets out a cry of alarm.

"So you took one of my powers, eh? Well, maybe I'll take one of yours!"

Bael rushes forward at Will, elbowing him in the stomach. Bael quickly ejects the green gem from Will's blade, and jumps back right before he is cut in two by Will's sword. The light on the blade quickly fades, leaving Will's blade unpowered.

"Joseph! Weallix! Let's go, all at once!"

Weallix was stunned at the sight of Bael. This whole scene was strange to him. A kid flying through the air, special weapons, magic, everything. (Why didn't I get a special power? He thought. Unaware of his ability) 

"Awake Iron!" he exclaimed; A common battle-cry of his time. 

Everything he had that was iron unexpectedly twinkled with a very faint hue of gold (his armor, shield, and sword). Gaining confidence, Weallix charged beneath Joseph, planted his foot, and launched his sword in a wide arc aiming to slice the demon in half without striking any of his friends.

(Launch as in swinging, not throwing. Don't need any confusion :p)

Bael narrowly dodged Joseph's lunge, but was caught by the tip of Weallix's blade. His chest is cut open, as purple blood leaks out. The wound quickly burns shut, as Bael dodges a overhead slash from Will.

"3 against 1? That's not very fair. Luckily I have friends! Come, my children!"

Out of the doorway creep a plethora of monsters that looked identical to the one who killed Violet.

"Jayden, White, keep these guys off of us!"

"I-I can try..."

White concentrated, and a handle slowly started to form in her hand. Creating a specific shape shape was harder than just coating something or a simple spike. It took a moment, but a somewhat clunky and dull sword formed. She handed it to Jayden.

"Sorry, this is the best I can do."

The monsters dropped like flies as Jayden and White took care of them, but they kept coming. Joseph's swipe barely misses as Bael ducks and prepares to counter. Will blocks the strike with his blade, and cuts into Bael's arm. The wound burns shut, just like the other one. Will leaps back to avoid getting hit.

"He's just regenerating everything we give him! We have to find away to hurt him faster!"

Weallix realizes he's sparkling and is utterly confused. "The gods must be giving me power to slay this demon!" he believed. With new found faith in the medieval gods, Weallix tosses his shield at Bael as a distraction. He then grasps his sword in both hands and focuses power to it. His sword begins pulsing with light. "Perish you fiend!"

Weallix heaves the sword up towards Bael's head, hoping he would duck out of the way. Then, using the momentum of his initial strike, he reverses the trajectory of the blade in the hopes of getting a solid hit (for Bael should still be recovering from his dodge).

(Handy dandy trick he learned from combat training)

Bael weaves downward to dodge Weallix's first blow, but is caught off guard by the second. The blade cuts a large gash in Bael's upper chest, and purple blood gushes out. He falls to his knees as he hacks up more of the purple blood.

"You'll regret that, human!"

The wound begins to smoke as it starts to burn shut, albeit much slower than the other wounds.

"Quick, we can't let him recover!"

Will rushes forward, and swings the blade to deepen the wound Weallix gave him. Bael is sent flying backward from the strength of the blow.

"That... was for Violet!"

Weallix's blade pierces through Bael's stomach, but Bael looks on at Weallix in only pure anger. His eyes turn red, as Weallix feels a strange energy building in front of him.

"Joseph, what are you doing!? Stop him from using his powers!"

"He can't stop me now. None of you can, I'm too far in!"

Weallix is sent flying off of Bael as the energy reaches its climax, and Bael rises to his feet. The monsters all stop and look to Bael. They rush toward him and sink into the ground around him, form a large circle of darkness on the ground around him. Purple electricity rises from the shadow and flies into Bael, as his wounds heal completely. The shadow vanishes, with the electricity still surging throughout Bael's body.

"Hey hey, TIME TO DIE!"

The group tries to move, but finds the electricity surging throughout them as well. It is as if time has stopped. Bael charges toward Will, stabs his blade through his chest. Will doesn't even feel the blade, and blood does not appear on Bael's blade. Bael pulls the blade out, and kicks Will in the chest. Again, there is no feeling. Bael snaps his fingers, and Will is sent flying, as blood sprays from the wound that suddenly appeared on his stomach. Bael snaps again, and Will stops in mid air. Bael cackles with enjoyment, seeing Will floating in the air in such a bizarre position. he slowly approaches White, who is unable to move. He places the knife to her throat.

"So, how does it feel to know you'll be joining Violet in the headless club soon? Exciting, I'd wager. Would you like to share your thoughts with the crowd?"

Will tries to move, but can't make himself.

"BAEL, LEAVE HER ALONE!"

White keeps trying to move as she speaks.

"Why are you doing this? You've killed so many... so many pointless deaths, and for what? When you get to the throne and destroy everything, what are you going to do? Wallow around in darkness for the rest of your life? WHAT IS THE POINT?!"

"Is that what you think I'm doing? I don't care at all for the Throne. I was sent here to take care of you lot."

"Wait, what!? If you're not here for the Throne... my god, we've fallen right into his trap!"

"Yes, you have. Once I'm done with you, we'll have no opposition! Speaking of which, I guess I'd better get started! I wonder how loudly he'll scream when you die, little lady!"

Bael brings the blade closer to White's throat.

"LET HER GO!"

Will's body is enveloped by flames, as he flies at Bael.

"I'LL KILL YOU!"

Bael turns, and drops his blade in surprise. Everyone can move again, as Bael dives out of Will's way.

"Wait, this isn't part of the plan! He's dead, how can you use his power!?"

Will hurls fire ball after fire ball at Bael, which Bael barely dodges.

(I'd like to imagine this is playing right now.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGAo6PNGoYM

Edited by Will