Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

Will encompasses Jayden's sword in gray flame, which somehow doesn't melt the sword. Bael leaps back from Jayden's swipe, but is knocked aside by Will's whip arm. Bael tries to rise, but the flames weaken him.

"Ugh, this isn't over!"

"Really? Because I think it is."

Will floats over to Bael, and returns to his human form. He kicks Bael onto his side.

"Maxwell, draw the signs."

"Gladly."

Strange purple symbols surround Bael in a circle, and similar ones surround Will.

"You lose once again. Once we go back, we'll crush what opposition you spoke of."

"You really think this is the end!? Boy, this is only the beginning! Try to reverse time, see where it ends you off! Either way, she wins!"

"What do you mean, see where it ends us? Maxwell, remove the signs. Something isn't right. What would happen to us?"

"Like I'd tell you. Just get it over with, I don't care. Everyone's dead, even if you win. I don't care what happens next."

Bael falls unconscious, and no attempts of reviving him work.

"Everyone, we need to have a talk. I don't know if this is a good idea anymore. It must be a trap. They may be waiting to spring a trap if anyone without Maxwell's experience takes the Throne, or Bael might be sabotaged, or something... I don't know. We need to have a discussion."

Edited by Will

White was confused by all of this. It sounded like Will wanted to talk to all of them about it, but she would just end up messing something up. It was probably best to just let Will and Joseph ta-

Wait a minute.

She didn't get to hit him yet!

White walked over to the unconscious Bael and kicked him right in the face as hard as she could. Was it a cheap shot? Yes. Did it make her feel better? Heck yeah! Somewhat satisfied, she went over to the fallen Weallix and tried to help him up.

Edited by MenaAthena

Maxwell looks at Bael in deep thought. He lets out a sigh.

"Will's right. We can't do this. With the idea of it being a trap, we would be utterly doomed if it was true. We have to make sure it isn't a trap before we proceed."

"Maxwell-"

"Which is why we are sending you all back in to investigate. This isn't over."

"Maxwell, you can't ask that of them. Isn't there any way you can send them back home? They don't have to do this."

"I can't send them back home. If I could send people back home, I'd have sent you all home. You don't deserve what you're going through."

The doors behind the group fling open, but the hallway is gone. Instead, there is a purple, swirling vortex.

"Wait, who's going to take care of Bael!? We can't leave him alone!"

"Exactly, that's why you are taking him prisoner to find the opposition he mentioned."

Will looks at Bael, and he lets out a sigh.

"Everyone, I'm not going to make you come with me. If you want, you all can stay here while I go with Bael to find the opposition. It's up to you."

Weallix thanks White for helping him up. A very daunting task indeed. "I am utterly confused about this whole situation. But I'll accompany you nonetheless. After all, I have nothing better to do right now. Hopefully I can get to know you guys better and your peculiar situation on our path to this 'opposition.'" he said in an exasperated sigh.

"You know what? **** you guys."

White slowly walks backwards into the shadows while flipping the bird with both hands.

Now a bit more in her right mind, White doesn't want to be left alone, but what if she messes up again? What if another companion dies because of a stupid mistake? She looks over at Bael, and sighs. No. Like Will said, she still has a debt to pay to Violet.

"I'll go with you all the way."

Will looks around, in shock that everyone is willing to go with him.

"I'm so happy I have you guys to come with me... alright. It's time to go. No more stalling. Is everyone ready?"

Will picks up Bael and holds him over his shoulder. The group grabs hands as Maxwell causes the portal to spin.

"Let's do this!"

The group jumps through the portal all at once, and after a heavy feeling of vertigo, end up in a grassy plain. Will places Bael down, as he looks around.

"Joseph, we're here. The original world. The one where Shadowfall was."

Will digs through his bag and pulls out a papyrus map.

"A rough sketch of the world. It's not going to tell us exactly where to go, but it might help a little."

Will looks down at the map, trying to determine where the group was

(Weallix sits on Bael. There is no way he's getting up now!)

Weallix falls straight on his face as soon as he touches the grass. "Hmph! I shan't get accustomed to being jostled about like this!" Weallix grumbles as he tries to get back up, but is too dizzy to do so. After some tossing and turning, he manages to stand up. "What kind of sorcery is this?!" he questions, "It is quite unique and I haven't seen anything alike!" He looks the drab landscape, and sighs. "I don't understand..." The knight paces about, pondering how they got here.

Edited by Kaluriux
  • Like 2

(Whoa, whoa whoa, hey.  Nobody was every transferred to a different world inbetween Shadowfall's defeat and now.  They're still in the same place.  Maybe you could consider using the portal as going to another world.

(Amazing logic that fixes everything time!

We were in the original island before we went through the portal and still are. Normally in DS when you die you wake up in front of the door with the same health, sanity, hunger etc., but since we went back not by dying, but by a portal that Maxwell provided, that difference means that somehow we are all healed and stuffs.

We good? We good.

I'll just make a new post here instead of editing the previous one because I'm lazy because I don't want to confuse anyone who reads through this.)

White looks down at her shoulder, relieved that her injury didn't come back.

Will continued to look at the map, and did not drop said map to look at White. Because, that would make no sense. Why would he do that?

"Alright, I think I have an idea of where we are. Our first priority, however, is to make a base of operations. Plus, we need rope for this guy. When he wakes up, he can't be going anywhere."

• Like 1