Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

"I would love nothing more than to kill him, but I can't. I don't know how to fight, I have no control over my powers, the only thing I've done is get injured and kill Violet. All that I needed to do to save her was say a few simple words, but I failed at even that. Every second you spend trying to deny my uselessness is one more second Bael gets closer to his goal. Leave."

Edited by MenaAthena

Jayden glares at Will for a brief moment, then turns back to White.

"It was not your fault. You couldn't know. And certantly, under that much of a pressure, you couldn't think about that either. We will try to figure out how you can use your powers...remember, I can't use my powers either, so we are in the same spot here."

Will looks to White in disgust.

"Violet was right. We should have left you. I don't blame you for being upset at what you did, and I certainly don't blame you for forgetting to tell me what Inigo said. If anything, you're the one who had an actual reason.. But the fact that you refuse to fight, that you'd just give up- it's sickening. Just because you're scared and you now know death is the end, you think you can just quit!? None of us can quit, we're all scared! I'm terrified! I don't have a voice in my head anymore telling me when to jump, when to duck, when to dodge! And to think, I was even slightly reminded of her when I saw you! You- you're the kind of person I feel nothing but pity for. Afraid and unwilling to do anything with any risk! I'm surprised you even accepted Maxwell's deal!"

Will hands the radio to Joseph, and walks over to White. He grabs her by the collar of her shirt, and hoists her to her feet.

"I don't care how scared you are, you are going to pay off your debt to Violet! You are going to make her death count!"

White`s head hangs low. Her voice is low and weak, just barely coming past her lips.

"I am weak... I am pitiful... I don't deserve... any of the concern you had shown for me... I tried to save you... from my weakness... so none of you... would die because of me..."

She yanks herself from Will`s grip.

"I will go... I will fight... I tried to warn you..."

Edited by MenaAthena

<Joseph, we need to keep an eye on White. I think something is happening to her. Is there any unnatural mental activity going on? >

"White, no one is going to die because of you. You can hold your own. If you're that scared, stay in the back and help us from afar. Slow Bael down, protect us. You don't have to fight him head on."

(There are other, more effective ways to build character than constant arguing and all this 'plz leave mi behind' stuff. It's all just unnecesary and doesn't add much to the story or people. Please just find some other ways to do this.)

Before anyone can say anything else, they all notice a feint sound coming down the halls. It sounds like... ragtime music?

"Wait a second... we're almost there! The music, that's always playing on the throne! Guys, we made it!"

Will gets the radio back from Joseph, and runs down the hall, ready to see someone who has a plan.

Will and Joseph find themselves in a large space with light fixtures emitting yellow light, with chairs and rugs all over. Maxwell has obviously made the place more comfortable, although how he was able to disregard Their will was unknown. The two climbed the staircase, to see a familiar figure resting on the Nightmare Throne. Maxwell sat on it, looking old and decrepit. Very much unlike the way Joseph had seen him. He lifted his head to look at Will.

"Could you do me a favor and turn off that blasted record player? I can only listen to a song for so long before I want to go deaf."

Will complies, and turns off the record player. The ragtime music ends, as Jayden and White slowly catch up.

"So, what took so long? And, where's that girl? She was my favorite, being so pragmatic."

"She's dead. One of Bael's minions killed her."

"That's too bad, I actually liked that one. First person to refuse one of my deals. Before I gave her a better one, that is."

"Wait, what? She refused one of your deals? God damn it, why'd you have to go and giver her a better one?"

"We'll save that conversation for later. So, you all are the 'ragtag bunch of heroes' who are going to beat Bael? I hope you're more than you seem, because you certainly don't look like much. Oh, and if it isn't the celebrity boy. I never expected you of all people would try to help this lot, considering you only help yourself. A shame you're going to get out of here, I've always hated your kind. Still, I guess you all are my only hope, so let's get on with it. Bael still hasn't left the Society HQ, which worries me. I don't know what he's doing that could take so long. But, that just gives us more time to prepare. What's everyone good at, here? I can't remember what I gave you all, except for celebrity boy. He has mind control. Did you know that? He can control minds. Even yours. Especially if you like him a lot. He wanted to control his fans easier. But, considering how much of a prat he is, I don't see any of you getting along with him more than you have to, so I guess we shouldn't worry."

"Maxwell, stop being a **** and get to the plan. We know very well what all of us can do."

"Oh, I would never do that. My ability was meant to be used for self-defense only...and I'd rather lose it if that could help my friends and I to get out of here."

Jayden's voice tone was, though, colder than his words, like if what he was saying didn't really match his thoughts. Fortunatelly, that was difficult to notice.

Edited by DwerBomb

"I'm a telepath." Joseph stated, watching whom he once associated as 'suit man'. "And I've got a sword." He showed Pops, his blade of blood, to the seated man to show that he did, in fact, have a sword. Joseph was clearly unnerved by the shadowy scenery, and his voice was fairly nervous.