Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

(Well, I would feel worse if it wasn't Will's decision to kill off Violet.)

The shattered flashlight fell to the floor with a clang. White moved her shaking hands up to her face, her expression one of pure horror and her skin devoid of any color.

She forgot.

How could she forget?

She knew too.

The one thing she could have done to help, and she failed.

Now Violet is dead because of her.

She fell to her knees, tears stinging her eyes as they ran down her face, and sobbed.

Jayden, confused and distraught by what just happened, watches his now useless lighter.

<This is...it's my fault...how can I smoke my cigarettes now?!>

He sighs.

<Not like I have a lot left...I hope we'll get home soon...>

When he realises Violet has died, and White is crying, he mutates expression.

He sits next to the girl and tries to reassure her:

"I have no idea how that has happened...I regret I didn't have enough time to know her better..."

That girl was interesting...too bad she died.

(Oh my god, Jayden is f**king psychopathic. Violet just died, and he's more worried about smoking. I luv it. Also, Will's unconscious and Violet's dead, so someone else is going to have to do something or else you'll have to wait for Will to wake up. And he won't be happy when he does.)

White kills Will so they won't have to deal with him being angry.

White has her head hanging down, tears dripping from her face to the floor. Then suddenly, the sobbing stopped. She simply stared at the floor, completely silent and still. After a moment, a chuckle escaped her lips, which turned into full blow laughter.

"Violet's not dead! Well, she is, but she won't be! We're going to make it to the throne, Will's going to reverse time, and she will have never died! None of this will have ever happened! Right?!"

She lifts her head up to Jayden, looking for confirmation. She was smiling wearily with a crazed look in her eyes and cheeks still wet with tears.

(Well, you could say it's our falt, BUT if you hadn't decided that Violet wouldn't have died if we didn't tell Will about his powers, she wouldn't have died. So, actually, it's not our falt :3)

"Yes...everything is going to be fine. Though..."

Jayden turns to Will, then back to White.

"Maybe Will isn't the best option. What has happened to Violet probably destroied him...And I am not sure how reliable he could be."

He pats White's back.

"Someone else will have to sit on the throne, but don't worry: we will fix this."

(I am doing a really bad job, apparentally. Whoops. I just figured Will already knew. And I also figured that everyone was relatively close to one another. Oh, well. Now to debate whether to have Joseph throw a temper tantrum or not.)

Joseph didn't respond. A storm of horrific emotions and thoughts barraged his mind as he slowly sank down to the ground. A seemingly ancient mental lock seemed to relatch itself in his mind, though only a small bit. One less emotion was present in that storm.

White looks over at Joseph, avoiding gazing at Violet's body.

"Hey! It's ok!"

She makes her way over to him on legs still shaky from emotional turmoil.

"It'll be fine! We can fix this! Everything's going to be ok!" She half sounds like she's trying to convince herself.

"We just have to get to the throne, and this will have never happened! We'll all be ok and alive!"

The teleporter roars to life, as gears churn inside. Shadow hands converge around all of the group, as they sink into the ground. Just as they are gone, Violet's body is dragged into the darkness. The group, including Will, awaken in a lavish purple room, each on comfy armchairs with a banquet table in front of them. A note is on the middle of the table. It reads:

To Will and Company:

You have made it to my humble abode if you are reading this. No doubt your journey was rough, and hopefully without loss. Feel free to finally take a moment of respite, and enjoy the meal I have set aside. You no doubt know of Bael's threat, so I highly recommend you take this time to recover from your journey.

~M.

Will reads the note aloud, and then crumples it up and throws it in the corner. He rests his head on his hands, as he wonders where everything went wrong. When did everything go from safe challenge and fun to death and misery? He quietly grabs an apple and slowly munches on it, holding back tears of frustration and grief.

White complies and silently reaches for the nearest piece of food without much thought.

<It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine...>

She forced that sentence to run in her mind over and over to drive out any other thoughts as she ate what ever it was that she grabbed.

<It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine. It will be fine...>