Shadowfall - The Blade of Souls

Battal

"Ah, a rope!" Weallix gets up and takes the rope from her hands, giving it a few pulls testing its durability. "A nice and strong one too. Fine work young lady." The knight stands there for a moment, eyeing the girl. "Heavens, that is quite a gash on your shoulder! I've never seen anything like it! Here, sit with me while I tie him up." He motions for her to sit. He knew something was wrong and was truly concerned about her.  

(I'd be fine there being a scar there. 

Could use it for emo stuffs later idk.)

White sat down quietly and ran the tips of her fingers over the scar, reminded of how she acquired it in the first place. She had a kind of distant look in her eyes, not dazed but not quite there either.

Edited by MenaAthena

Weallix knelt down and started tying up Bael like he used to tie up prisoners in Paluster. The memories of that plus the fact he's sitting next to a demon was unsettling. After he finished, the knight went back to sitting on Bael as he was before; offering if White wanted to sit on him too. "A strange place, isn't it? I fell asleep one night and woke up here in the morning. I'm beginning to think this is all just a dream..." The knight rested his hands on his sword which was currently plunged into the ground in front of him. He looked up and saw White stroking her shoulder. "I'm quite intrigued. How did you arrive here?"

White declined the offer of sitting on Bael. The cold snow didn't bother her anyway. She clutched her shoulder briefly and took a second to swallow the lump in her throat before speaking.

"I got lost. I was freezing to death on a mountain side when someone out of nowhere said he could help me. I blacked out and woke up here."

She left out quite a lot of details, but she didn't know how much more she could say about it before breaking down.

(Just for some historical context. The Knight of Paluster are very loyal to their true cause, which is a well-kept secret. The common-folk may know a few things about them: they guard and protect the city with their lives, they each wear a unique set of armor, they can never take off their armor no matter what the circumstances [some believe the armor is welded into their skin], and many go insane and are never seen nor heard from again.)

White didn't notice Weallix take off his helmet. Surprising for it was a very difficult thing to do. She flinched as cold iron touched her scarred shoulder. “Hey.” his voice caught her by surprise for he spoke with outlandish clarity.

She looked up to see something she never would have comprehended. His face was horribly burnt and scarred. Deep gashes drove deep into his skin and one side of his head was warped as if boiling oil was poured on him. He got on one knee and looked straight into her icy blue eyes. “Let my spirit shine through my heart and my heart shine through my eyes, so that I may impart warm smiles in sad hearts.”

The iron glove on her shoulder warmed and his eyes shone gold. They then melted into his eye sockets and he went into cardiac arrest. The knight let out a big smile. "It's all right m'lady, you don't have to say anymore if you don't want to." Weallix went to put his helmet back on and see what was going on with Will. (unless White stops him).

• Like 1

"No, in the vision you were looking at me as if I had betrayed us, and then I killed you. It might be a warning to me or you. You looked perfectly normal, so it has nothing to do with this stuff... Here it is, this is what caused me to have the vision."

Will squats down and picks up the small camera. He shows it to Joseph.

"Damn, I think the lens cracked when I dropped it. It shot a beam of light into my eye, and then I had the vision. This might have been what Shadowfall put into my eye so he could see what I was doing."

"Jayden drops on the ground like a potato. Oh wait: he is actually a potato now! Celebrities, how weird..."

(but yes, I lost myself here. This is getting a bit confusing for my poor patched up mind...)

Jayden magically appears walks and then sits next to White.
"That guy...looks pretty weird, doesn't him? But hey, he seems nice", he whispers to the girl, nodding at Wallix.

Weallix realizes he left his sword over by Bael. "Bah, I couldn't help Will anyways." He turns around to see Jayden with White. (When did he get there?) he thought. He looked back and forth awkwardly, contemplating whether he should get his sword and have the awkward silence between White and Jayden; or go see Will and not be of use.

Will throws the camera on the ground, and crushes it with his foot.

"I'm not going to let some vision tell me what do to do. If this is some self fulfilling prophecy, then I say try your best.Know that we know what I saw, we can avoid doing what I saw."

"Damn it, I completely forgot about him... you know, I'm more so worried about him taking control of White. He almost has her wrapped around his finger. I didn't want to say anything in fear of sounding like I hated the guy, but now that you have suspicions as well..."