Feedback

After a game survival of 100 days and counting on my second attempt at this game. My first ending around 30 days with some spiders assistance.I can give some nice feedback to you lovely folk.The spiders- Creepy. Brilliant. Love them.The pigs- Oh Gods GO AWAY NOW. Once with you they never leave you alone. It can be very annoying. I got mine all killed.... on purpose.Something in the dark- don't know what it is. Why it is but it gives a sense of urgency to each dusk and relief at the dawn. Great addition to the atmosphere.The crows- Wish could have one as a pet XD. They are lovely at dropping in seeds and keep you company. I do like the crows.The rabbits- annoying little buggers. But a good resource early on in the game and important i should think. Beefalo?- Those guys are GREAT value. They charge, they moo. They chew and sleep on top of your camp. I love those guys. Brilliant way to step up from rabbits. Progress for character etc. Its great.Now that is the wild life out of the way.The game has great atmosphere. It keeps you afraid of the dark even once you have armor and everything.Some downsides-Things without purpose. Gold- I mean I just fed it to my science machine.I would like it if you could use carved stone and planed wood for more things- maybe build- small hut? To stay in away from the dark? Don't know. Or rabbit pen? hehe so you can keep and kill at your leisure.Swamps- Again Not sure why they exist except for papyrus but even that doesnt have a purpose.The paper doesn't either. Nice to see them used for something?BEARD HAIR- Males get the effigy- Girls no beard- no shave- no effigy. I missed out on the experience of that from playing a female character.The shovel- Give it something to do? Maybe dig for more rocks to mine? Or roots to eat?More likes.The forests are great with the change in trees. The pine cones. The misty graves stashed about.Fire flies- BRILLIANT.The different environments you already created are great. Love to see that expanded more?Forest fires- scary. Brilliant.Conclusion. Good game at the moment. Sound base to build on.At the moment though once a character gets past day 60 or so... kinda playing for the sake of playing?Or If you are OCD like me to make sure every TINY thing has been gone over and covered at least twice.The initial difficulty curve and development in survival is good but is plateaus rapidly.Hats- Good touch. Nice to expand that into maybe different types of armor as well? Grass armor, log, then pebble/stone? Just a thought of where to add on 'levels' to things like that.

In a previous thread (sorry cant find it, anyone know the one am thinking of?) it was mentioned the girls are the current hard mode, as they can not create beard hair it gives them only one life, whereas Wilson can effectivly produce more.Each character will have a special attribute, Wilson's will be the capability to create effigy's, As Em3rgency mentioned Ghosts come from graves, and i believe i read one of the girls will be able to tame these ghosts.

I dug up a few graves didn't find anything. Guess shoulda dug more.I did make a pan flute though I never really used it- by time I made it I was very secure in my little base. Good to know girls are hard mode- explains a bit.

• Developer

Congrats on the 100 days, and thanks very much for the feedback, it does help quite a bit. The usefulness of items seems to be a recurring theme, but rest assured all items are put in with an intended purpose, however since we're a pretty small team, sometimes we have to introduce items piecemeal. Also within the next couple of weeks we have some "things" coming in that are sure to ramp up the difficulty, and add some risk to well seasoned players. Not without its rewards of course :)Thanks again for your post, we love ALL review and feedback, a thousand heads is better than 6 ( in our case) p.s. love the avatar

Thanks again for your post, we love ALL review and feedback, a thousand heads is better than 6 ( in our case) p.s. love the avatar

Aww shucks now I feel appreciated.I was wondering will there be the ability to move things? Like the chests? I accidentally built on in a fire pit once. It was rather hilarious.Glad you like the avatar. That is lovely Lucky attached to the end of my finger... again.. Tee hee. Sloth.. like the avatar you have too. And the GAME of course.!!

I accidentally clicked the build button two times thanks to my good friend lag.

I too had this problem happen and ended up with a double fire pit.

Ah the joys of lag. I have this terrible problem with OCD.... I drop something crooked and it drives me NUTS. I can't straighten it... GAH

I too have a mild case of OCD in games and I would love to see a "pick up" option which allows you to move a placed item like fire pits, tents, chests and farms. When "picked up" you would get a silhouette so you could see where it would be placed. No more crooked chest lines for me.

You know we've nearly filled up a full page with nonsense.:p

Yeah, guys, gals, let's try to stay focused on what's important here......when there's grass/saplings growing in the middle of your camp, you can take them out with a controlled fire. It's the first thing I do before setting up camp, burn everything that doesn't fit into "the blueprints" :D

"The building interface is something that has been bugging me for a long time. I want to make it more like placing a building in an RTS. You will also eventually be able to bust down structures for parts."

OH, THANK GOD!!

I thought it was sooo weird to build exactly where you are...

Want my opinion? Make buildings be items. I mean, you click on the Science Machine, and it gives you and item "Science Machine Crate" or maybe "Science Machine Blueprint", then you can click on it and place it wherever you like. Just like planting pinetrees.

I once again blame Fu for derailing.I am looking forward to busting stuff down.It would be good if we had the option of 'build it here' sort of job that you get in other games.That way everything is placed neatly.And FIRE? is that REALLY the Answer. Burn it all down.... eeep some people are more violent than I am!