Killer bee / Bee

Joy

I was wondering about the killer bees that are now in beehives instead of bees. I wanted to make some more bee mines and did my usual harvesting from beehives (not my already made honey boxes) when I noticed they are now called killer bee. I can't make bee mines with killer bees or new bee boxes. So question is do I need to harvest from my already made bee boxes for the bees I need? If I was to start a new game how would I get just bees and not killer bees? I must be missing something and any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joy

Reed1000, yeah I agree. I hit the beehive and guess that would make them angry =P. I did try releasing them thinking they may go back to normal bee state..nope. They attacked me till they lost agro and then attacked the next living creature near me. My poor beefalos got the brunt of the attack. I wonder even if I release the killer bees from my inventory and they kill the beefalo, does this go towards my naughty points or would it not count since the killer bees did the killing?... hmmm

I wanted to make some more bee mines and did my usual harvesting from beehives (not my already made honey boxes) when I noticed they are now called killer bee. I can't make bee mines with killer bees or new bee boxes.

Yeah Toaster, what he said :p

Edit: But yes, it would make more sence. And I guess that is what you were implying, not that it was actually possible. Derpederp on me.

I have 2 Beehives in my New World and naturally i want to catch some bees for the recipe to make my own. The problem is none of the bees come out, ive sat around them for 2 days and surrounded them with even more flowers than existed before but none of them come out naturally to pollinate flowers.

Before the patch it was possible to hit the Beehive but now all that comes is Killer Bees. Im fine with this, but right now i have no way to catch normal Bees for the recipe. Has anyone figured out how to get them? Is this a bug?

I had the same problem with my world. What worked for me on 2 different hives was punching the bee hive, and then killing ALL of the killer bees. If any of them make it back the nest will stay a killer bee nest. After I killed the swarm, the bee hive eventally started spawning normal bees that went about doing their flower thing.

Edited by FrostandFlame

I had the same problem with my world. What worked for me on 2 different hives was punching the bee hive, and then killing ALL of the killer bees. If any of them make it back the nest will stay a killer bee nest. After I killed the swarm, the bee hive eventally started spawning normal bees that went about doing their flower thing.

I second this. Hit the bee hive, kill the killer bees. Wait for regular bee to spawn. :D

I ran past one of the beehives randomly and the bees were out doing their business. Im not sure what stopped them spawning but i had no need for the fix these above people mentioned. I did notice something wierd though. When i killed the Killer Bees from one hive, i destroyed it and got the items. I then ran to the other beehive and nothing came out when i hit it. Its almost like the Killer Bees belonged to both hives and it didnt spawn any more from the second hive. This is probably a bug.

Easiest way I've found to do it, is find the closest flower to the nest, then just stand beside it with ur bug net. I can get 7 a day doing this. Made the same mistake as many other and destroyed 3 nest and caught killer bees. Luckily I found one more and just caught all 16 normal bees I needed from there. But ya their AI always seemed to path them to the closest flower so it was easy, just boring waiting for them to trickle out. P.S. all nest's will spawn killer bees when you hit them, there isn't 2 different types of nests, You just need to catch them when there out foraging.

Hi Trevor. Yes, if you have them in your inventory just release/drop them and they will attack you.. when they lose aggro off of you they will attack the nearest living thing (spiders, pigs, tallbirds, etc..) I have not seen them go to normal after releasing.