Our Tavern (open discussion)

Hey, is there any way I could still help with this while I'm on my phone?

We have a writer working on quotes atm, if we need more help will let you know.

I can do some art and animating if you guys need that sort of thing.

We have several people that work in the animation area on the team already, but if we need help, will let you know.

Nothing makes you feel worse than when someone says "If we need more help" and there's 3000+ quotes to do.

We have a writer working on quotes atm, if we need more help will let you know.

GRAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

Oh. Okay, then.

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

I'm baaAACK.

CAMPFIRE =

{

EMBERS = "The darkness is swallowing it.",

GENERIC = "It scares off the darkness and whatever's inside it.",

HIGH = "It is now equally a source of light as a source of death.",

LOW = "It is becoming feeble.",

NORMAL = "Nice and comfy.",

OUT = "I believe I've made a mistake.",

},

CANE = "I've always wanted one, but I suppose I've never needed it.",

CARROT = "The barebones version of a bare necessity.",

CARROT_COOKED = "Oh, so I've boiled it?",

CARROT_PLANTED = "And how might this have sprouted?",

CARROT_SEEDS = "I don't suppose this is the way it should be.",

CAVE_FERN = "It's quite pleasing to the eyes.",

CHARCOAL = "All that survived was charred black.",

CHESSJUNK1 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",

CHESSJUNK2 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",

CHESSJUNK3 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",

CHESTER = "I have what it wants. To get it, it does what I need.",

CHESTER_EYEBONE =

{

GENERIC = "Anything is possible. Whether it makes sense is irrelevant.",

WAITING = "It died with him.",

},

COOKEDMANDRAKE = "It has performed one last act of vengeance.",

COOKEDMEAT = "I guess it's appropriate to save that for more desperate times.",

COOKEDMONSTERMEAT = "Alas, fire did not cure it.",

COOKEDSMALLMEAT = "I suppose it could come in handy.",

COOKPOT =

{

COOKING_LONG = "This will take but a moment.",

COOKING_SHORT = "It shall be ready soon.",

DONE = "I can now feast. Conditionally.",

EMPTY = "What? I want to fast, not die.",

},

CORN = "I've never even heard of this before I came here.",

CORN_COOKED = "It's quite dry, but I suppose it could help.",

CORN_SEEDS = "It shall continue the journey originating from the first of it's kind.",

CROW =

{

GENERIC = "It is one of the few things here that are more obviously artificial.",

HELD = "I shall not regret what I will do to you.",

},

CUTGRASS = "Even I see no reason to regret doing that.",

CUTREEDS = "It's in my best interest to put these to use.",

CUTSTONE = "The building blocks of entire empires, sadly available to anyone who wants them.",

Edited by KidneyBeanBoy

I'm baaAACK.

CAMPFIRE =		{			EMBERS = "The darkness is swallowing it.",			GENERIC = "It scares off the darkness and whatever's inside it.",			HIGH = "It is now equally a source of light as a source of death.",			LOW = "It is becoming feeble.",			NORMAL = "Nice and comfy.",			OUT = "I believe I've made a mistake.",		},		CANE = "I've always wanted one, but I suppose I've never needed it.",		CARROT = "The barebones version of a bare necessity.",		CARROT_COOKED = "Oh, so I've boiled it?",		CARROT_PLANTED = "And how might this have sprouted?",		CARROT_SEEDS = "I don't suppose this is the way it should be.",		CAVE_FERN = "It's quite pleasing to the eyes.",		CHARCOAL = "All that survived was charred black.",        CHESSJUNK1 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",        CHESSJUNK2 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",        CHESSJUNK3 = "A whirlwind of confusion. At least to me.",		CHESTER = "I have what it wants. To get it, it does what I need.",		CHESTER_EYEBONE =		{			GENERIC = "Anything is possible. Whether it makes sense is irrelevant.",			WAITING = "It died with him.",		},		COOKEDMANDRAKE = "It has performed one last act of vengeance.",		COOKEDMEAT = "I guess it's appropriate to save that for more desperate times.",		COOKEDMONSTERMEAT = "Alas, fire did not cure it.",		COOKEDSMALLMEAT = "I suppose it could come in handy.",		COOKPOT =		{			COOKING_LONG = "This will take but a moment.",			COOKING_SHORT = "It shall be ready soon.",			DONE = "I can now feast. Conditionally.",			EMPTY = "What? I want to fast, not die.",		},		CORN = "I've never even heard of this before I came here.",		CORN_COOKED = "It's quite dry, but I suppose it could help.",		CORN_SEEDS = "It shall continue the journey originating from the first of it's kind.",		CROW =		{			GENERIC = "It is one of the few things here that are more obviously artificial.",			HELD = "I shall not regret what I will do to you.",		},		CUTGRASS = "Even I see no reason to regret doing that.",		CUTREEDS = "It's in my best interest to put these to use.",		CUTSTONE = "The building blocks of entire empires, sadly available to anyone who wants them.",

I want to fast, not die?

"feast" no?

DEADLYFEAST = "I guess this is the only way to turn back.",

DEERCLOPS = "Kings of this kind don't have any need to be regal.",

DEERCLOPS_EYEBALL = "Admittedly I wish it still had eyelids.",

DEPLETED_GRASS =

{

GENERIC = "Things aren't as typically simple as they might seem.",

},

DEVTOOL = "I believe the fourth wall has been broken. /n Or in this case, the fourth cloud.",

DEVTOOL_NODEV = "Did you really think you'd be different?",

DIRTPILE = "This is truly a strange occurence./nNot the strangest, but still considerably strange."

DIVININGROD =

{

COLD = "I do not believe it is picking up anything.",

GENERIC = "With this, I may finally find one moment of rest.",

HOT = "The loudness is putting a damper on my elation.",

WARM = "It is likely to be nearby.",

WARMER = "I've nearly found it!",

},

DIVININGRODBASE =

{

GENERIC = "I guess rest has finally found me.",

READY = "Not everything is without cost.",

UNLOCKED = "This will be... quite interesting.",

},

DIVININGRODSTART = "It appears that I was given help.",

DRAGONFRUIT = "Unlike a dragon, this is quite real.",

DRAGONFRUIT_COOKED = "The irony is lost on the fruit.",

DRAGONFRUIT_SEEDS = "Shall I roast them?",

DRAGONPIE = "When a dragon appears, then I shall eat it.",

DRUMSTICK = "I am not sure I'd have the teeth for it.",

DRUMSTICK_COOKED = "Now it's even tougher.",

DUG_BERRYBUSH = "It is neither alive or dead until it leaves my pockets.",

DUG_GRASS = "It is neither alive or dead until it leaves my pockets.",

DUG_MARSH_BUSH = "It is neither alive or dead until it leaves my pockets.",

DUG_SAPLING = "It is neither alive or dead until it leaves my pockets.",

DURIAN = "A punishment for those who don't need it. Sadly, I am in a position where I might.",

DURIAN_COOKED = "I see the fire has not helped it. I'm beginning to believe nothing will.",

DURIAN_SEEDS = "It shall continue the journey originating from the first of it's kind.",

I have three things to say!

First of, i dont know if it's a bug or a feature from your mod, but when i create a backpack and i already have one, it put it in my inventory, but if i drop it it does the usual and swap them around...but if i swap the one in inventory with the other i have equiped i can keep both forever, so i can have infinite backpacks if i want lol

second, there is a generation bug that happens everytime in the caves...you know the grave setpiece? it always spawn together with another random setpiece and every single time the entrance to the grave is blocked by the wall of the other setpiece, and sometimes both setpieces entrances are blocked!

Lastly, when's the new update? XD

edit: oh and i forgot, i got a thulecite armor today just before going to the second floor, but i can't equip it, and when i dropped it, it disapeared!?

Edited by julz1981

I have three things to say!

First of, i dont know if it's a bug or a feature from your mod, but when i create a backpack and i already have one, it put it in my inventory, but if i drop it it does the usual and swap them around...but if i swap the one in inventory with the other i have equiped i can keep both forever, so i can have infinite backpacks if i want lol

I needed to remove the limitation of single container in inventory because... future update items/flexibility. The whole drop backpack if you have one is a hack in the pickup code, that I left in because I didn't want to change the base behavior at that time. And due to me running rpghud most of the time I never noticed it's applying just 'partially' now, good catch.

Tho I'm not sure what will be the final decision on intended behavior, I'm kind of thinking along the lines of 'only one per type', something along the lines of, you can have a scroll case and a backpack but not 2 backpacks or 2 scroll cases. So either way, the behavior will likely change.

second, there is a generation bug that happens everytime in the caves...you know the grave setpiece? it always spawn together with another random setpiece and every single time the entrance to the grave is blocked by the wall of the other setpiece, and sometimes both setpieces entrances are blocked!

Hmm, not sure, the regular vanilla caves? We are not touching anything in cave generator at all. Or 'our caves'? World gen can get kinda stupid at times, might need to force some empty space around, will need to check.

edit: oh and i forgot, i got a thulecite armor today just before going to the second floor, but i can't equip it, and when i dropped it, it disapeared!?

Ha! Removing it never worked... until now. Something changed in the scenario code in the past few patches - the intended behavior was that it gets removed, and the mob spawns in it's place instead (since mob has all the elements of fully animated armor), but it simply did not, so I left it as is. Now it's getting removed but inventory is simply not being updated - that's why 'cant do that' messages. Thanks for letting us know.

As for the patch, we got a bit distracted/delayed for multiple reasons, will try to get spell pass/wizzy next week.

I needed to remove the limitation of single container in inventory because... future update items/flexibility. The whole drop backpack if you have one is a hack in the pickup code, that I left in because I didn't want to change the base behavior at that time. And due to me running rpghud most of the time I never noticed it's applying just 'partially' now, good catch.

Tho I'm not sure what will be the final decision on intended behavior, I'm kind of thinking along the lines of 'only one per type', something along the lines of, you can have a scroll case and a backpack but not 2 backpacks or 2 scroll cases. So either way, the behavior will likely change.

Hmm, not sure, the regular vanilla caves? We are not touching anything in cave generator at all. Or 'our caves'? World gen can get kinda stupid at times, might need to force some empty space around, will need to check.

Ha! Removing it never worked... until now. Something changed in the scenario code in the past few patches - the intended behavior was that it gets removed, and the mob spawns in it's place instead (since mob has all the elements of fully animated armor), but it simply did not, so I left it as is. Now it's getting removed but inventory is simply not being updated - that's why 'cant do that' messages. Thanks for letting us know.

As for the patch, we got a bit distracted/delayed for multiple reasons, will try to get spell pass/wizzy next week.

i meant goblin caves, thought i mentioned it, sorry!

thanks for the clarifications on the rest, and yay on possible wizzard next week, because i just died because of a wonder potion GRRR!

I think i will never use these anymore, i used 4, and everytime it seemed to be doing absolutely nothing!

thanks for the clarifications on the rest, and yay on possible wizzard next week, because i just died because of a wonder potion GRRR!

I think i will never use these anymore, i used 4, and everytime it seemed to be doing absolutely nothing!

Oh but they do, they mess you up at the worst moment :p

Likely Kraken's favorite item. Technically they have a chance help you in many ways, tho usually they don't.

Oh but they do, they mess you up at the worst moment :razz:

Likely Kraken's favorite item. Technically they have a chance help you in many ways, tho usually they don't.

The risk is too high for me, especially since i never got any kind of rewards lol..

I'm sad i died, i had over 20 hunger potions and 17 health potions!

The risk is too high for me, especially since i never got any kind of rewards lol..

I'm sad i died, i had over 20 hunger potions and 17 health potions!

Wonder potions are supposed to be a gamble, it's about a 50/50 chance between good and bad results, often it can be hard to spot the result unless you pay close attention to what the character says and what happens with your stats/inv. If you really want to spoil the surprise, here is a spoiler of all the results...

4 min run speed boost x2

4 min half run speed

200 hp restored

50 hp dmg taken

-50 hunger and poisoned same as spider

puts you to sleep

10 gold drop

lightning strikes you

200 sanity restored

makes you insane

200 hunger restored

teleports you randomly

10 nightmare fuel drop

gain 30 naughtiness

50% durability drain on all items in inventory/equipped?

all items in inv repaired

random blueprint drops

1 of each gem drops around you

next hound wave happens right away

turn into frog for 1 min

We are really looking forward to the next update, it will be the first of many updates that adds in a lot of new crafting recipes (spells)

We have been working hard on the update, still waiting for a couple art pieces to come in and get some of the coding straightened up, then I will have to do some serious testing, so as Death said, it will probably be sometime next week.

Trust me, I really want to show some sneak peek pics, but it's not quite ready to show off yet ;)

• Like 1

We are really looking forward to the next update, it will be the first of many updates that adds in a lot of new crafting recipes (spells)

We have been working hard on the update, still waiting for a couple art pieces to come in and get some of the coding straightened up, then I will have to do some serious testing, so as Death said, it will probably be sometime next week.

Trust me, I really want to show some sneak peek pics, but it's not quite ready to show off yet ;)

Can't wait! XD

perhaps i can help a little for the wiki?

Sure, here is the wiki link, http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_in_the_Dark_Wiki

I have not touched it yet, have not really had the time while working on this next update, I merely reserved the page. 

If you have any questions about stats or so on, that you can't find in the code, feel free to ask. 

Stuff unrelated!

So...when's the next update, is it still due sometimes this week? I can't wait to try it again.

Also, will there eventually be more than just the goblin dungeon? like other dungeons, castles or maybe biomes?

I'd love to see a biome similar to Mordor, it could be a more dangerous swamp with only goblins, orcs and traps and whatnot!

But, judging from the requests and your reply, you're probably gonna tell me it's already planned! XD