Our Tavern (open discussion)

I found a lesser armor of frost today, and i'm in summer, is it suposed to cool me down a bit? if not, i think you guys should implement a cooling based on quality of armor.

yes, that is in the plans, should be in an update soon.

• Like 2

@DeathDisciple, I just want to let you know I updated MemSpikeFix to version 0.6 (the new version is reflected in the GitHub repo, the forum download and the Workshop subscription).

I found an issue with 0.5 when it came to mod recipe placers: since the placer prefabs declare no dependencies (neither prefab nor asset dependencies), but do use build and banks, if you crafted a mod recipe with a placer without its assets having been loaded previously (such as by having the recipe's output already spawned elsewhere in the world), then it'd be invisible. What I did in MemSpikeFix 0.6 is do a pass over the mod's recipes and, for each recipe with a placer, add the recipe's output prefab as a dependency to the placer prefab. The memspikefix.lua file bundled with U&A has already been updated to 0.6 (in our internal version, that is).

Edited by simplex
  • Like 1

New update coming later tonight will include local version of MemSpikeFix 0.6 (just a reminder, you should still use standalone so it applies to all your mods, my code is just a safeguard in case you don't), quite a few bugfixes (hopefully including all the issues from last night - thanks @simplex for going through a bunch of them), aaaaand... something extra, I'll let @kraken121 deal with PR :p

• Like 1

First bug being text on the dl page, I dunno how this will end :razz:

We all have to deal with the forums insisting on creating a new mod revision when we edit the mod description, so... I feel your pain. I just asked because this made me curious: when I saw the double upload, I downloaded both versions, did a diff and they were a perfect match, so I was wondering what was going on.

An by the way, in the HTML code for the mod submission page, there's the following entry within the submission form:

<input type='hidden' name='bypass_revision' value='0' />
I'm guessing manually setting its value to "1" would prevent a new revision from being pushed (either that or it's very badly named :razz:), but I never tested it.
  • Like 1

An by the way, in the HTML code for the mod submission page, there's the following entry within the submission form:

<input type='hidden' name='bypass_revision' value='0' />
I'm guessing manually setting its value to "1" would prevent a new revision from being pushed (either that or it's very badly named :razz:), but I never tested it.

Got to convince kraken to try it next time, I don't do that paperwork :p

I just laugh at his mistakes instead. That's way more fun :p

• Like 3

New update is up! The shadow Knight is now playable! note: this character is harder to play ;) good things drain sanity, evil things do not change sanity levels ;) Have fun!

1f9x75.jpg

a9midu.jpg

isnt the one horn traveling too much towards his forehead ? not sure how u made them ( part of the head or something else?)

They're attached when hats are not (I couldn't find out any symbol I could override properly that loads on a zorder above hat or i'd just leave them through, and follower objects... weren't exactly working the way I had hoped they would).

But to answer your main question, yes I loaded them as a 'pair' I got however, I tried to keep the  position as close to the original as I could. The right horn could go a bit higher, I don't disagree, I just typically leave such things to... you artists :p

follower objects... weren't exactly working the way I had hoped they would

Follower objects are so messy and... disfunctional. Did you get feet horns when the character faced up (or maybe wore a hat)?

I just typically leave such things to... you artists :razz:

You and me both. Though you seem much more willing to get your hands dirty with art than me :razz:.

Edited by simplex

Follower objects are so messy and... disfunctional. Did you get feet horns when the character faced up (or maybe wore a hat)?

The main problem is, whatever I followed on the face, the horns would just follow the coord changes, not the rotation of the head, making such approach useless. The second problem is, when you move, followers move after the main object slow enough to cause obvious flicker, which is again making such an approach useless. Former might have been some flag somewhere, but the latter means I can't really use it for that purpose anyway, as it's clear it's not actually part of the same object.

(when I said rotate I meant the actual rotation, e.g. hunger/funny idles etc, not fourfaced 'rotation')

You and me both. Though you seem much more willing to get your hands dirty with art than me :razz:.

I can't draw a straight line in real life, let alone anything else. I have a basic understanding of the most trivial photoshop functions, and the basic spriter functionality/xml output format, that's all.

Edited by DeathDisciple

The main problem is, whatever I followed on the face, the horns would just follow the coord changes, not the rotation of the head, making such approach useless. The second problem is, when you move, followers move after the main object slow enough to cause obvious flicker, which is again making such an approach useless. Former might have been some flag somewhere, but the latter means I can't really use it for that purpose anyway, as it's clear it's not actually part of the same object.

True. I tried some tricks to counteract the rotation issue before, but the flicker as you put it can't be prevented. At least you didn't get feet horns. When the followed animation symbol is hidden (either that or when an animation not using it is played, it's been a while and I don't recall the precise details) the follower entity just drops to the ground (to the main entity's position), so things get very odd very easily.

True. I tried some tricks to counteract the rotation issue before, but the flicker as you put it can't be prevented. At least you didn't get feet horns. When the followed animation symbol is hidden (either that or when an animation not using it is played, it's been a while and I don't recall the precise details) the follower entity just drops to the ground (to the main entity's position), so things get very odd very easily.

Interesting.. no I haven't seen that. While I was messing around I followed either swap_hat or one of the headbase things, so they clearly were on. If it's happening on animation not using the followed symbol, it might end up in my way soon. At least I'll know what hit me now heh.

I wasn't sure where to post it, so here it is!

I got killed by firestaff traps today and i was wearing a greater fire armor but the staffs were still doing roughly 60dmg every hit, so it killed me in two hits only ''was not at full hp but i thought a pig helmet plus greater fire armor would be able to take at least 3-4 hits.

So, my question is, are fire armor suposed to give protection agaisnt fire dmg? and if so, shouldn't a greater armor provide enough to lose maybe 20-30hp instead of 60?

I love the fact that those traps are dangerous, but i think having greater armor should give you an edge. imo

I got killed by firestaff traps today and i was wearing a greater fire armor but the staffs were still doing roughly 60dmg every hit, so it killed me in two hits only ''was not at full hp but i thought a pig helmet plus greater fire armor would be able to take at least 3-4 hits.

So, my question is, are fire armor suposed to give protection agaisnt fire dmg? and if so, shouldn't a greater armor provide enough to lose maybe 20-30hp instead of 60?

I love the fact that those traps are dangerous, but i think having greater armor should give you an edge. imo

The current fire armor "fire resistance" is set pretty high atm, because it is the only item in the mod (so far) that will reduce fire damage. We are currently working on our spell system overhaul, which will be the next update, this new spell system will open up more resistance options and workarounds, basically a bunch of new spells ;) 

As for the items, after the spell system update we will be reworking a lot of the items as well and how they are crafted ;)

Fire armor is 70% vs fire, pig helm doesn't do anything to protect you vs fireballs. But I think I messed up and you got hit for twice as much as you should, or rather, hit twice, that's indeed a bug, you should get hit for 30 not 60 :p

just want to ask a question though, did you try to destroy the fire staves? they only take a few hits ;)

Fire armor is 70% vs fire, pig helm doesn't do anything to protect you vs fireballs. But I think I messed up and you got hit for twice as much as you should, or rather, hit twice, that's indeed a bug, you should get hit for 30 not 60 :razz:

So, you're saying it's a bug and will be fixed?

just want to ask a question though, did you try to destroy the fire staves? they only take a few hits ;)

Did not know they could be destroyed and i didn't even try lol...i thought they were untouchable, just like the walls in your setpieces!