Our Tavern (open discussion)

hum, it looks like that the paladin only have divine might but in his exp table, it is written that he have 3 spells... i don't understand

edit: btw, a little bug : it crash when you open the spell book of the paladin...perhaps he doesn't have it?

Uhh, yes, he was left with initial 3 spells he had before, and there is no spellbook interface for him (partially because we have just up to 5th level spells anyway, partially because we did not decide which ones we should give him, so we just left him with the same set he had before the patch). Those spells actually do need unlocking (like the wickerbottom's high tier ones), which is why you don't see them - walk next to alchemy lab/shadow manipulator and they should show.

And you're right, it's crashing because I failed to put a safeguard to exclude the spellbook interface for him. As a temporary workaround, you should be able to get it to work by turning off spellbooks (on mod configuration screen) when playing pally.

Edit: Or for a less annoying workaround, add

if(not GetPlayer().fa_spellcraft) then return end

at modmain.lua line 898. I'll have it sorted in next hotfix.

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 1

hum, so i'm doing the darknight (and almost finished) and i was searching the dark pet attack but only found this: TUNING.HOUND_DAMAGE

I have no idea of where do i find these tuning files(with every tuning things) so i someone can tell me what it is... it would be great :grin:

Wiki will be great!!!

edit: let me guess, it's the hound damage  :wilson_facepalm:

Edited by orian34

hum, so i'm doing the darknight (and almost finished) and i was searching the dark pet attack but only found this: TUNING.HOUND_DAMAGE

I have no idea of where do i find these tuning files(with every tuning things) so i someone can tell me what it is... it would be great :grin:

Wiki will be great!!!

edit: let me guess, it's the hound damage  :wilson_facepalm:

TUNING default values are either in dont_starve/data/scripts/tuning.lua or dont_starve/data/DLC0001/scripts/tuning.lua (for ROG specific stuff), so if you don't see them defined in fa_constants.lua that's where you should look.

In general, HitD-specific constants are usually in fa_constants.lua or in whichever file that references them (in case of most prefabs) - if something doesn't sound as if it would be useful outside of a particular prefab, it's kept local. The only 2 special cases I can think of are sanity-overrides for evil toons and drop rates for our own loot tables added to some mobs that are somewhere at the top of modmain (some day I'm gonna move those too).

• Like 1

ok thanks! that "evil toons", does this it that famous "evil" tag of the dark knight who forced me to make lots of tests?

Yes, its used for sanity stuff mostly, i.e. reverting day/night behavior, removing negatives from dark sword/armor (whatever the name is), dark petals behavior and the likes. If you look at EVIL_SANITY_AURA_OVERRIDE in modmain, you'll see the mob sanity auras that was changed.

Yeah, kraken should've explained the 'behavior' of those a bit, I'm not sure if the actual sanity modifications are explained anywhere. Then again part of the fun is finding them out, but for wiki, we'll likely have to run over and remember ourselves what else we put in lol.

thanks! really. it was too much tests for me :/

Basically, the Shadow Knight and Necromancer have reversed sanity than "normal" characters. "Good" things that  raise sanity for normal characters, will lower their sanity. "Evil" things that lower sanity for normal characters will raise theirs or negate sanity loss. 

Some examples,

Flowers will lower their sanity if picked or if they are nearby on the ground.

Evil flowers will raise their sanity if they eat them or if they pick/near them. 

Shadow monsters will not lower sanity when near them. 

Rabbits, butterflies, etc , anything that is an innocent will lower their sanity.

They lose sanity during the day, but are fine at night etc etc

The evil character are very different than normal characters.

At some point, when the wiki is more together I will go in there and fill in the details for that or fix the ones that are up in there.

thanks, i found the famous EVIL_SANITY_AURA_OVERRIDE and i will keep it for the mechanisms (at "evil sanity aura" page perhaps ?)

kraken, i have almost done the 5 chara that have pages in the wiki!!! I'll be workless if you don't put moar pages! ;)

edit : and why mactusk make us lose sanity???

editedit: and the shadowwaxwell?????????????????????????????

Edited by orian34

thanks, i found the famous EVIL_SANITY_AURA_OVERRIDE and i will keep it for the mechanisms (at "evil sanity aura" page perhaps ?)

kraken, i have almost done the 5 chara that have pages in the wiki!!! I'll be workless if you don't put moar pages! ;)

edit : and why mactusk make us lose sanity???

editedit: and the shadowwaxwell?????????????????????????????

There might have been some things we missed hehe, will look into it.

Added a bunch of pages to the wiki as well. 

shadowwaxwell setting is useless, since you can't summon shadowwaxwells unless you're maxwell anyway. And it's set as 0 meaning there is no loss - but again it makes no effect as you can't summon them.

Why are tusks negative tho, I dunno/don't remember.

Edited by DeathDisciple

looks like druid isn't done for now :local function enableL6spells() end

local function enableL7spells() end
local function enableL8spells() end
local function enableL9spells() end

and the pet lvl 20 modifier is well hide!

local function fn_l20()
    local inst=fn()
    inst.components.combat.defaultdamage = PET_DAMAGE*1.5
    inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(PET_HEALTH*1.5)
    inst.components.health:StartRegen(10,5)
    return inst
end

looks like druid isn't done for now :local function enableL6spells() end

local function enableL7spells() end
local function enableL8spells() end
local function enableL9spells() end

and the pet lvl 20 modifier is well hide!

local function fn_l20()
    local inst=fn()
    inst.components.combat.defaultdamage = PET_DAMAGE*1.5
    inst.components.health:SetMaxHealth(PET_HEALTH*1.5)
    inst.components.health:StartRegen(10,5)
    return inst
end

;)

what does that do in the lv 4 of the druid spells? 

local r=Recipe("spell_earthquake", {Ingredient("rocks", 20), Ingredient("redgem", 5),Ingredient("papyrus", 5)},  RECIPETABS.SPELLS,{MAGIC = 2})
    r.image="book_brimstone.tex"

especially with that .

huh thought I removed the old ones... tho it has no influence on new interface, and is therefore not affecting anything with new spellbook interface. It 'should' have it's rightful place somewhere at later (currently unimplemented) levels tho, eventually, but needs damage buff I'd bet.

Basically the only things that have a chance to show are listed in fa_spellcraft.spells lists, the rest can be ignored. But I should remove them anyway.

Edited by DeathDisciple
  • Like 1