Our Tavern (open discussion)

I have to say that spell book looks incredible,whoever draw it,did amazing job (Wizard also looks amazing).I haven't been following progress of mod closely for past two months because I am busy as dev of mod for Xenonauts and that is consuming all my spare time but from the little time I had to try out new version it seems like big leap forward from last  version.Yeah I know that this isn't really helpful and it's just praise but as soon as I get complete impression I will give you proper feedback (that is if you don't release by that time new version..) ^^

Edited by Senteliks

I have to say that spell book looks incredible,whoever draw it,did amazing job (Wizard also looks amazing).I haven't been following progress of mod closely for past two months because I am busy as dev of mod for Xenonauts and that is consuming all my spare time but from the little time I had to try out new version it seems like big leap forward from last  version.Yeah I know that this isn't really helpful and it's just praise but as soon as I get complete impression I will give you proper feedback (that is if you don't release by that time new version..) ^^

Oh that thing (Xenonauts) is somewhere on my shopping list, just too busy with other stuff - this mod and hacking through a proper custom player animation support included.

Does it have decent modding support? I would assume yes from your post. If so, it would greatly increase my interest in trying it out.

do i add goblins and orcs pages in the mobs page or in the creatures pages in the mobs pages(do i do: MOBS:GOBLINS,ORCS

or MOBS:CREATURES:GOBLINS,ORCS

edit: for now it's M:C:G,O

Edited by orian34

Oh that thing (Xenonauts) is somewhere on my shopping list, just too busy with other stuff - this mod and hacking through a proper custom player animation support included.

Does it have decent modding support? I would assume yes from your post. If so, it would greatly increase my interest in trying it out.

With Community Coder (they opened up source code) program introduce about few weeks ago modding support greatly increased.Not that mod support was bad before that,on the contrary,developers are eager to help you if you run on problems and modding community is very active so most of the times you won't even need help from developers.Biggest downside of game it self is engine.It has quite a lot limitations.Source code is very varied.It varies from very good clean code to mixed with lot of "dirty tricks" and classes that look same but have important differences.All in all code is in mess and it clearly done by people who knew what they are doing to people who were pretending they knew.

Aside from that  game is very moddable at basic level.You can tweak almost everything by editing XML and Lua files (lua files are mostly tide to interface of the game ).But if you want something that is bit outside of box you need to "dirty" your hands and start programming.Game is written in C++ and this may be  something for people like me and you (unless you  also picked C++ along a way)  who are mostly Java programmers a bit of problem (god I just hate C++).

Art wise game is in 2D.It consist of sprites draw by hand.So if you want to add new type of alien you would have to make 3D model convert to 2D and draw 100+ sprites to animate movement,dying scene and so on .. It's a lot of work.But on plus side it's very easy to edit  assets in game and making new weapons pictures is not problem (problem is that if you want to see that weapon carried by soldier in game you need to make sprites for it.However this is solvable as long as you don't care for that kind of detail (seems that people don't care at all) and you can use existing assets for your weapon).

Edited by Senteliks

I saw you need artists. Could I have a try ?

Sure, we always need more artists to help out on the project :)

Do you have any examples your could throw my way? Have you worked on any art for any other mods? (note, it does not really matter, we have a lot of great people on the team that can help out and answer any questions ;) )

Sure, we always need more artists to help out on the project :-)

Do you have any examples your could throw my way? Have you worked on any art for any other mods? (note, it does not really matter, we have a lot of great people on the team that can help out and answer any questions ;) )

Here's my art thread.

And no, I unfortunately didn't work on any mod. Not yet ;)

DINGGIDONG! It is the time adventurers!

It's 21h00 here and 09h00 for others people(yay, it's the morning, isn't that cool?).

Again, today i didn't do anything important... :/

Today:

-linked the wiki content navigation

-removed and linked the community navigation

-added F.A.Q page! Ask!

-added and linked "mobs" page.

-linked mobs navigation

-added and linked creatures page

-next time, i will start the goblins and orcs pages!!!

I will say so many secrets <3

edit: feel free to add pictures or edit pages...as long as they are the same informations needed

Edited by orian34

DINGGIDONG! It is the time adventurers!

It's 21h00 here and 09h00 for others people(yay, it's the morning, isn't that cool?).

Again, today i didn't do anything important... :/

Today:

-linked the wiki content navigation
-removed and linked the community navigation
-added F.A.Q page! Ask!
-added and linked "mobs" page.
-linked mobs navigation
-added and linked creatures page
-next time, i will start the goblins and orcs pages!!!
I will say so many secrets <3

edit: feel free to add pictures or edit pages...as long as they are the same informations needed

I have been collecting pictures or I can pass them off to you if you want to cut them up, I will wait to edit the pages, I want to wait until you have most of them finished up and then I will do one big edit all at once.

i was thinking adding picture after doing the pages cause it's easier after than during......

And it will be easier cause i have done most of navigation for now...just have to writ pages for now...it's moving!

• Like 2

.All in all code is in mess and it clearly done by people who knew what they are doing to people who were pretending they knew.

Why does that sounds familiar....

Aside from that  game is very moddable at basic level.You can tweak almost everything by editing XML and Lua files (lua files are mostly tide to interface of the game ).But if you want something that is bit outside of box you need to "dirty" your hands and start programming.Game is written in C++ and this may be  something for people like me and you (unless you  also picked C++ along a way)  who are mostly Java programmers a bit of problem (god I just hate C++).

I can code C++ it's just that it's been a while, I pretty much haven't touched it for 6 years - and I've never done a real professional thing in it. So I'm bound to make mistakes due to my brain 'switching back'. I don't hate it, I'm just too used to java now, it would take me a bit to re-adapt but it wouldn't kill me.

Art wise game is in 2D.It consist of sprites draw by hand.So if you want to add new type of alien you would have to make 3D model convert to 2D and draw 100+ sprites to animate movement,dying scene and so on .. It's a lot of work.But on plus side it's very easy to edit  assets in game and making new weapons pictures is not problem (problem is that if you want to see that weapon carried by soldier in game you need to make sprites for it.However this is solvable as long as you don't care for that kind of detail (seems that people don't care at all) and you can use existing assets for your weapon).

Sad they did not use 3d natively. But again sounds familiar, but I'll never draw anything anyway :p The main thing is what I can mess with on the functional level, most of the time I never even release anything cause... effort on getting people and all. I simply get way more fun out of games where I can mix/match multiple mods+my own changes for a frankenstein setup.

I'll have to check it out.

can't find excatly the loot table of the goblins, only found that :

local LOOTTABLE={
        nightmarefuel = 1,
        amulet = 1,
        gears = 1,
        redgem = 1,
        bluegem = 1
    }
    local WEIGHT=5+NUM_TRINKETS
    for i=1,NUM_TRINKETS do
        LOOTTABLE["trinket_"..i]=1
    end

but we can loot monster meat...

edit: nwm
 inst:AddComponent("lootdropper")
    inst.components.lootdropper:AddChanceLoot( "monstermeat",0.5)
    inst.components.lootdropper:AddFallenLootTable(LOOTTABLE,WEIGHT,0.1)

but i was wondering, whats the difference between fa_scroll_1 and fa_scroll_5/14

Edited by orian34

The reason there are multiple 'scrolls' is so I can set them directly as prefabs in loot tables/chests and the likes as 'unknown' ones, yet have a way to put limits on spell levels they can generate. Lootdropper itself doesn't have the ability to fine-tune parameters on prefabs the way I needed them to be.So what I did is made presets - scroll_1 means 'randomly generate a lv1 scroll on pickup, preferrably one that player hasn't learned yet', scroll_35 means 'randomly generate a scroll of levels 3 to 5' etc.

• Like 1

Kind of. It's the scroll that stays 'unknown' - the recipe is never being set for it. If you do try to learn it without recipe, it does behave as 'any level' I guess, as default limits being 1-9999 and fallback in teach callback would cause it to be exactly what you said.

cause i found that :

local function AddScrollBoons(level)

level.set_pieces["FAevilbiome_scrollchest_2"]= { count=2, tasks={"Squeltch","Merms ahoy"} }

local Boons=require("map/boons").Sandbox
local BoonsLayouts=require("map/boons").Layouts
--TODO figure if oer-floortype works here 
Boons["Any"]["FAflooring_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1"]
Boons["Any"]["FAflooring_scrollchest_1_B"]=Layouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1_B"]
Boons["Any"]["FAgrass_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1"]
Boons["Any"]["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_B"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_B"]
Boons["Any"]["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_C"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_C"]
Boons["Any"]["FArock_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_1"]
Boons["Any"]["FArock_scrollchest_B"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_B"]
Boons["Any"]["FArock_scrollchest_C"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_C"]

BoonsLayouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1"]
BoonsLayouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1_B"]=Layouts["FAflooring_scrollchest_1_B"]
BoonsLayouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1"]
BoonsLayouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_B"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_B"]
BoonsLayouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_C"]=Layouts["FAgrass_scrollchest_1_C"]
BoonsLayouts["FArock_scrollchest_1"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_1"]
BoonsLayouts["FArock_scrollchest_B"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_B"]
BoonsLayouts["FArock_scrollchest_C"]=Layouts["FArock_scrollchest_C"]

but it doesn't tell me what's supposed to be...

@kraken121 I've finished the Orc Fortress Entrance. Tell me what you think about it.

post-268981-0-40504200-1405778837_thumb.

It needs colours of course, so is anyone here able to colour it digitally ? (When it will be scanned)

By the way we need exits too, no ?

Edited by Malan-Tai

but it doesn't tell me what's supposed to be...

What the boons are is not visible (well.. not easily 'readable') from the lua files, I don't know what's in which one myself :razz: Scenarios are simply scripts that are attached to objects on setpieces at worldgen - so they're generally related to populating chests or triggering traps.

I dunno if they should be described on wiki, but if so, kraken should prob say what's what.

Well, or you could get the tiled editor and try to figure what in the tiled files (that at least has 'some' resemblence of a user interface) based on 'overworld whatever' folder on github repo (link's on private forums sticky). But I'm not sure we want to document set pieces.

Edited by DeathDisciple