The Way(Aka Praecantor 2)Speculations

The reason that most of us were so adamantly against it was because the developers were so adamantly against it. We didn't want the devs to constantly have to answer about it. It's not being hypocritical. We're only accepting it because the devs are saying yes to it.

Brianman, I really am getting tired of the arguments here. 

Back on track, I welcome multiplayer with open arms.THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES!

Their still would have to be a lot of tweaks though, which would belong in the new subforum for DS Together

Well, poo. I've been lurking this thread and following it with hopes of either more lore or hints to a further expansion. When I got the email today with this image in it promoting the upcoming multi-player, my heart sank. I'm greatly disappointed :( I love great single-player games, but so many games are geared to multi-player mode. Klei's promise to make Don't Starve the best single-player game was one of the big reasons I got the game. With every update, I knew that's what they'd be focusing on. Now with multi-player in the works, I have a feeling there will be either no or very lessened focus on expanding single-player further :/

Well, poo. I've been lurking this thread and following it with hopes of either more lore or hints to a further expansion. When I got the email today with this image in it promoting the upcoming multi-player, my heart sank. I'm greatly disappointed :( I love great single-player games, but so many games are geared to multi-player mode. Klei's promise to make Don't Starve the best single-player game was one of the big reasons I got the game. With every update, I knew that's what they'd be focusing on. Now with multi-player in the works, I have a feeling there will be either no or very lessened focus on expanding single-player further :/

We understand your concern, and it's one of the reasons why we wanted to let all current players get it free. Our community can help us make multiplayer a great thing, tuning the experience via feedback and suggestions. As a result, this may even allow us to add single player stuff. We're definitely looking for ways so that fans of both single and multiplayer modes can enjoy the game. 

We understand your concern, and it's one of the reasons why we wanted to let all current players get it free. Our community can help us make multiplayer a great thing, tuning the experience via feedback and suggestions. As a result, this may even allow us to add single player stuff. We're definitely looking for ways so that fans of both single and multiplayer modes can enjoy the game. 

I hope so!  I'd hate to miss out on content because I'm a solo player.  Can't help with the tuning of multi-player, but looking forward to the crossover content :)  Thank you for responding!

Archived