Probably too early, but please make another DLC ;)

I love this game more than any other game in my 250+ steam library. It just so relaxing and enjoyable, yet stressful and intense. It's really an awesome experience and this DLC just makes it so much better.

I just want another DLC, heck I'd pay for like 5 more xD I don't care what it is, if it's worse than the horse armor for Oblivion I'll buy it. I want to support this game to the fullest.

So I'm just asking Klei, please make another DLC after this one. :) I'll be happy forever (though if not, I'll survive)

I love this game more than any other game in my 250+ steam library. It just so relaxing and enjoyable, yet stressful and intense. It's really an awesome experience and this DLC just makes it so much better.

I just want another DLC, heck I'd pay for like 5 more xD I don't care what it is, if it's worse than the horse armor for Oblivion I'll buy it. I want to support this game to the fullest.

So I'm just asking Klei, please make another DLC after this one. :) I'll be happy forever (though if not, I'll survive)

I would like another DLC for $14.99, and I would pay without thinking, but I would like more content for CAVES AND RUINS etc

I'd love a bigger project that extends over a longer period that costs around $15. I'd happily preorder to beta test again. It's been a ball.

And that project (DLC) Could be Don't Starve II as some of you want XD

And that project (DLC) Could be Don't Starve II as some of you want XD

I don't think Don't Starve needs a new engine or any modifications as such, I just want to see more content and more gameplay fleshing. 

The idea of a 'Don't Starve II' seems ridiculous to me since the engine is already incredible and has all the room for overhauls and aesthetic improvements without actually changing the architecture much. Besides, as I iterated, I'd be as happy as a pig in mud with just more gameplay-fleshing and more content/novelising. 

I'll pre-order the next one as well. :encouragement:

The only issue is that it seems to be getting harder and harder! I know it's not supposed to be an easy game, but it's getting incredible!

Still, great work to the developers, I love it.

They can't make another DLC already! We're in a middle of a mystery! We've already solved the first piece of the puzzle. Now we'll probably have to wait till a new video is given by the devs.

If the DLC is released, does that mean there will be no more new updates?

I don't think Don't Starve needs a new engine or any modifications as such, I just want to see more content and more gameplay fleshing.

The idea of a 'Don't Starve II' seems ridiculous to me since the engine is already incredible and has all the room for overhauls and aesthetic improvements without actually changing the architecture much. Besides, as I iterated, I'd be as happy as a pig in mud with just more gameplay-fleshing and more content/novelising.

Well, I know DS II seems ridiculous I just said that the DLC Could be called Don't Starve II or it can pretend to be DS II, I prefer Another DLC than a DS II and always DlCs.

Look http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35478-some-people-talk-about-dont-starve-ii/

Well, I know DS II seems ridiculous I just said that the DLC Could be called Don't Starve II or it can pretend to be DS II, I prefer Another DLC than a DS II and always DlCs.

Look http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/35478-some-people-talk-about-dont-starve-ii/

Calling it "DS II" is misleading though. It's the same program, same engine, same integrity, just more stuff. So, let's leave the whole "DS2" bit out of it and think about themes that'd make for a good DLC for the game right now. Having many expansion packs is fine and there's nothing to be ashamed by there. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War had 3 expansions over many years and made plenty of income from riding the same horse over and over; and many other companies have done the same, so that's not an issue to concern yourself with, imo. 

Calling it "DS II" is misleading though. It's the same program, same engine, same integrity, just more stuff. So, let's leave the whole "DS2" bit out of it and think about themes that'd make for a good DLC for the game right now. Having many expansion packs is fine and there's nothing to be ashamed by there. Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War had 3 expansions over many years and made plenty of income from riding the same horse over and over; and many other companies have done the same, so that's not an issue to concern yourself with, imo.

He, I'm just kidding with the "call it DS2" Sarcasm, a joke etc

If they did create another one, what would it have? There was quite a few other things that were scrapped during development. One thing that comes to mind is Kevin said a long time ago that he would like to see higher science crafting tiers in don't starve. Things that would be less magical and more geared toward being Pseudoscience.

this game will never truly satisfy its fans...... people just want more and more and more and more. when does it all end? can't expand this game forever. we already have way too many new items ( i have loads of chests) but seriously this game cannot get tooooo big! but is it too small right now? I agree cave and ruins needs updating but eventually it has to stop at some point

this game will never truly satisfy its fans...... people just want more and more and more and more. when does it all end? can't expand this game forever. we already have way too many new items ( i have loads of chests) but seriously this game cannot get tooooo big! but is it too small right now? I agree cave and ruins needs updating but eventually it has to stop at some point

yes, it's definitely too small now, and there are still ALOT of balances to be made, at LEAST balances, not to mention that some, i don't know how many, think that, as it stands, it's kinda... not finished... just look at that summer-is-to-bleh tread. right or wrong, people want "more", in some shape or form.

I also love to play adventure mode type dlcs. A special portal or gate from the map transports to you a brand new adventure like another planet, another time, hell, deserts of egypt or jungles of amazons, 20,000 parsec under the sea, etc.

I also love to play adventure mode type dlcs. A special portal or gate from the map transports to you a brand new adventure like another planet, another time, hell, deserts of egypt or jungles of amazons, 20,000 parsec under the sea, etc.

i think rog type dlc, all your eggs in one basket type of thing is more interesting and "emergent" than a totally different, sincopated, adventure.

I'd like another DLC sooo much ! 

Here are a few ideas, some have been mentionned by others :

- A DLC all about the unexplored sea. Being able to get a boat, go to tropical islands, fight dangerous sea monsters and risk your boat being sunk by the elements (in which case your only hope of survival is to have a meat effigy). You could even go under the sea and manage your air supplies with an all new level of air science.

-Adding a new level to the caves with an ancien civilization that you can interract or fight with!

-Adding special biome specific dungeons to the map. For exemple, the tropical islands could have mayan styled temples, the desert could have explorable pyramids, decideous could have bear caves, etc.

-Add an all new layer of mad science with that famous tesla biome and unique collectables and special items

-Special magic that would allow you to do cool things such as morph yourself to be able to breath under water...

-Pretty much anything but going up in the clouds and in space. The mod Up and Away looks like it is going to do a good job of exploring a cloud world and going to space does not fit with the don't starve world I think.

Archived