New constant source of food?

anyone found out exactly how good the cat cap is? like for winter or whatever?

Cat cap does not stack with umbrella, which means you can only get the 90% protection from umbrella. With any hats, be it straw hat, you can get 110% rain protection. Cat cap has the same insulation factor as tam o shanter, in other words, it is still a bit worse than beefalo hat. 

Edit: cap cap has 70% rain protection 

Honestly my method is to set up in a desert and farm vultures, easiest way of surviving. There are no cons to living in the desert anything can be planted there, log suit + football helmet = no dmg, and killing vultures respawn every day, they each drop 2 morsels or Drumsticks. In the desert u have easy access to tumble weed which creates easy items, hound mounds for easy monster meat farms and hounds teeth. You can plant things in deserts as well, there are plenty of rocks in deserts and in the late game the distance between your base and other places isn't that far....  But that is my current solution for easy food with low risk and high reward. This will be included in a guide i have for all RoG material called "Solution"

Live forever as a happy were-beaver (I'm planning to see how long I can do this for).

Not as long as you think, number of trees in the world is limited and you can't plant new ones in that form.

Archived