Why nobody wants to Charlie as a character?

She would be a very interesting character to play as a character, like Maxwell could return to his "normal" form, could be a DLC with thematic of the darkness, but the truth would be a great character
And talk about a normal girl, not a character with 200 damage without dying in the dark, but I could summon hands or having a pet of darkness.
It would be amazing.

I think the reason "nobody wants her" is because it removes all the mystery of her character.

All in the start of Don't Starve all speculating over Maxwell, from being a relative of Wilson or hallucination of the characters,I don't see anyone complaining to add character.

There are a lot of things that need to be settled story-wise as well as what she would do gameplay-wise in order for her to be considered as playable.

If that be the case, Maxwell should have a button to "win" the game instantly, or if we go to history, delete the world by become a human

If that be the case, Maxwell should have a button to "win" the game instantly, or if we go to history, delete the world by become a human

What? No? Maxwell shouldnt have any button- and i have no idea what you're trying to say with that last part

What? No? Maxwell shouldnt have any button- and i have no idea what you're trying to say with that last part

Don't Starve is the world of Maxwell, if he become a human, why the world don't delete?

And if he creates the world should know everything his character, for example create a weapon that kills in 1 hit any creature, no logic, if there is no logic in this character

Why can not create a cute Charlie?

Don't Starve is the world of Maxwell, if he become a human, why the world don't delete?

And if he creates the world should know everything his character, for example create a weapon that kills in 1 hit any creature, no logic, if there is no logic in this character

Why can not create a cute Charlie?

Because Maxwells not actually the one pulling the strings, thats Them you're thinking of- the world was there before Maxwell was taken, he just populated and filled it with things.

When he becomes human another survivor has taken his place on the throne, so that They can still exercise their will.

He already starts with one of the most powerful weapons in the game, theres a ton of logic as well as design that goes into his character.

To just say "Put Charlie in the game" Is pointless just by itself, she needs to be balanced in her gameplay as well as have a logical story reason to be playable. And as @Lord_Battal says, it removes the mystery that is currently placed on her to just throw her in willy-nilly.

So, thats probably why most players don't want her to be playable, she's nice as the faceless entity she is now.

Because Maxwells not actually the one pulling the strings, thats Them you're thinking of- the world was there before Maxwell was taken, he just populated and filled it with things.

When he becomes human another survivor has taken his place on the throne, so that They can still exercise their will.

He already starts with one of the most powerful weapons in the game, theres a ton of logic as well as design that goes into his character.

To just say "Put Charlie in the game" Is pointless just by itself, she needs to be balanced in her gameplay as well as have a logical story reason to be playable. And as @Lord_Battal says, it removes the mystery that is currently placed on her to just throw her in willy-nilly.

So, thats probably why most players don't want her to be playable, she's nice as the faceless entity she is now.

But Charlie is not actually killing the characters, are his hallucinations in the dark,for this Woodie can't die despite being at night.

He says "removes all the mystery of her character".. But if there is not even character, she not appear, she not talk, just is appointed for Maxwell, we hasn't evidence of his existence in Don't Starve

Where is the mystery?

You only know her name...

But Charlie is not actually killing the characters, are his hallucinations in the dark,for this Woodie can't die despite being at night.

He says "removes all the mystery of her character".. But if there is not even character, she not appear, she not talk, just is appointed for Maxwell, we hasn't evidence of his existence in Don't Starve

Where is the mystery?

You only know her name...

Meet Charlie

214px-Human_Charlie_full_body.jpg

Thats her before Don't starve happens. Maxwell's assistant to his magic act.

The mystery to her now is how she got from that, to her current form, why she's like that, and why she attacks the survivors- including Maxwell. They seemed to be on good terms last we saw them together, that's the mystery.

As for how the grue works, apparently she can't attack when someone can see her (or perceive her) so thats why even though its "dark" when you're a werebeaver as woodie, he can still see just fine thus meaning it has something to do with sight rather then the cover of darkness itself.

Meet Charlie

214px-Human_Charlie_full_body.jpg

Thats her before Don't starve happens. Maxwell's assistant to his magic act.

The mystery to her now is how she got from that, to her current form, why she's like that, and why she attacks the survivors- including Maxwell. They seemed to be on good terms last we saw them together, that's the mystery.

As for how the grue works, apparently she can't attack when someone can see her (or perceive her) so thats why even though its "dark" when you're a werebeaver as woodie, he can still see just fine thus meaning it has something to do with sight rather then the cover of darkness itself.

I still do not see the mystery, it is known she was the assistent of Maxwell, but now we dont know nothing of she, at least if they want mistery we need more clues.

As much as I think it would be neat to have Charlie playable, you run into the issue of balance. If Charlie, the grue, no longer is haunting the nights, then what danger is there leaving the safe haven of your campfire at night? That's a pretty huge game mechanic that's just simply not there anymore.

I mean you could work around it. Maybe it works like the Nightmare Throne in the sense that freeing Charlie causes the person who took pity on her to take her place.

Maybe an even more terrifying shadow creature takes Charlie's place now that she's no longer the grue, I don't know, but you'd definitely need to keep the mechanic intact.

As much as I think it would be neat to have Charlie playable, you run into the issue of balance. If Charlie, the grue, no longer is haunting the nights, then what danger is there leaving the safe haven of your campfire at night? That's a pretty huge game mechanic that's just simply not there anymore.

I mean you could work around it. Maybe it works like the Nightmare Throne in the sense that freeing Charlie causes the person who took pity on her to take her place.

Maybe an even more terrifying shadow creature takes Charlie's place now that she's no longer the grue, I don't know, but you'd definitely need to keep the mechanic intact.

Where did you get that charlie controls the shadow  monster and the darkness, Klei never says that what kills you is charlie, she not even that is present in the game. Maxwell say her name in the dark, but could be as a reminder of the grue kidnapping charlie.

Where did you get that charlie controls the shadow  monster and the darkness, Klei never says that what kills you is charlie, she not even that is present in the game. Maxwell say her name in the dark, but could be as a reminder of the grue kidnapping charlie.

*cough* Morgue *cough cough*

Oh really? Go die in the dark as Maxwell, then look at your morgue. It says Charlie.

dc83hdq.jpg

Also keep in mind that way back in the days of cave development during a live stream, Kevin referred to the Grue as Charlie and then revealed the fact that Charlie was a girl and an old friend of Maxwell. This was before we had any backstory on Maxwell other than the fact that he was trapped in a chair for many years.

The grue was also referred to as Charlie many times in the game code long before Maxwell was a playable character. Saying Charlie isn't the grue at this point is just silly.

Ummmmmm... i think adding charlie it's a great idea, it's like people say maxwell with his freedom can try to rescue her. 

The game still don't have the ice cave or the lava cave, i think they can pollish the story by adding a maxwell portal on the caves when they decide to put that stuff in the game, the portal from the caves can get you to a diferent story from the one on the surface and add to it cavier challanges.

Also i like to point that i don't ******* know who's the guy in the ruin statues >-< i don't know if klei gave an explaination to what or who is him, he can be someone with some control of certain things on the DS world or something like that. (like always sorry i if wrote something wrong)

Archived