What will be in the update 16\2\14?

As far as we all know the DLC already has all of its features. I can't think of anything else than bug fixes but they are not a reason to make a big update! So what exactly is coming out for the update within next 10 days? Any info from the devs?

I have a feeling they intend to add something a little more unique to autumn. As it is, the only thing that sets it apart is the giant and the leaves changing colour. I don't mean any massive, new mechanics, but maybe one or two new mobs exclusive to the season.

I think that it would be awesome if they added some new chapters to adventure mode ! It would be nice to see new challenges considering the new seasons, new game mechanics, new giants, etc. Maybe an extension to the actual adventure mode where more story would unfold ? =)

I have a feeling they intend to add something a little more unique to autumn. As it is, the only thing that sets it apart is the giant and the leaves changing colour. I don't mean any massive, new mechanics, but maybe one or two new mobs exclusive to the season.

Nah, Autumn is the one easier season more similar to the vanilla Don't Starve. It should stay the same because it helps players make a transition into the DLC.

Well, someone said they found the ROG screen with the update title "Seasonal Science". And Klei's talked about the giants dropping materials for making the items we get from them currently. So we could get the current giants dropping being craftable and maybe some stuff related to science? Also, Klei has referenced a "Clockwork Pawn"

Nah, Autumn is the one easier season more similar to the vanilla Don't Starve. It should stay the same because it helps players make a transition into the DLC.

Until the bearger comes around.

Some new craftables and items. Probably a use for the Volt goat horn aswell.

For that matter, what about voltgoat kids?  Someone said there was code in the files suggestion voltgoats would breed like beefalo.  I wonder if that's still true or if they ditched that?  Going to be pretty sad if 2-3 lonely voltgoats are all you ever get.  And a colossal waste of Klei resources too, tbh.

Well, someone said they found the ROG screen with the update title "Seasonal Science". And Klei's talked about the giants dropping materials for making the items we get from them currently. So we could get the current giants dropping being craftable and maybe some stuff related to science? Also, Klei has referenced a "Clockwork Pawn"

It only said seasonal science on the main menu update title right after the DLC came out, after the feet of strength update it said well, feet of strength.

I know what you mean. I'm not asking for anything major like near constant rain, but just maybe one or two mobs that only come out in autumn. They don't even have to be difficult to deal with. Just something to set it apart from the others.

And... Just after you said that, I went back to play Don't Starve RoG, and immediately got pwned by Bearger.

Also, on the clockwork pawn, remember that the concept art it's in is clearly very old. It has concept for the wormhole, not even with its current name, which was added a long, long tme ago, and there have been no other references to it since. It's possible that it was only ever concept art and the idea has been scrapped. Still, it would be nice to have an extra mob to go around the smaller Maxwellian set pieces. Preferably not dropping gears. I already have more than I know what to do with.

I know what you mean. I'm not asking for anything major like near constant rain, but just maybe one or two mobs that only come out in autumn. They don't even have to be difficult to deal with. Just something to set it apart from the others.

I think the angry birchnut is only in autumn 

Who knows...maybe there's a few more suprises in store, it's still early Beta.

Personally, I'm hoping for a new character, even though it's so incredibly unlikely right now.

Incredibly unlikely? We still have Winne, Wortox, Wilbur, Waverly, and some others.

Incredibly unlikely? We still have Winne, Wortox, Wilbur, Waverly, and some others.

Good point...I think I heard somewhere that when they were originally planning to add summer, they mentioned Wortox having some sort of resistance to overheating (Wortox is the demon).

I think that this DLC is the best time for him if they're planning anything. Also, I think they replaced Winnie with Wigfrid (both have very similiar faces, and both have a concept of only being able to eat a single type of food.)

I'm just hoping that they will give all the characters new unique dialogue when examining the new stuff, instead of them just using Wilson's.

It kind of puts me off when Wendy examines a mined Glommer statue and says something about doing it for science.

We are not getting any new characters with Reign of Giants; which I am okay with. These two new characters have been a delight and I welcome with open arms to the Don't Starve family.

The only way to get new characters in the future? Continue to support Klei and keep up the ideas; if they see demand for more DLC; they will provide. There has to be a limit of course; but with this game; anything is possible.

Archived