Birch nut tree guard

• Developer

The world customization option for the Birchnut guard chance the percentage chance that nearby trees will transform when you cut down a tall Birchnut. It has no effects on the actual behaviors or spawn rates of the transformed Birchnut (though we will be balancing this in the future).

Just started a new world for this update, chopped down a single tall birchnut tree in a clearing on day 1, about 4-6 birchguards spawned. I was killed so quickly that I couldn't count them all.

This is annoying, because I love the birchnut tree appearance and I always want to make my base in the birchnut biomes, but because the treeguards spawn immediately as soon as you chop down one tiny tree it makes it too dangerous. I just want to have a base with a little birchnut farm for wood, not be killed when I don't even have the tech for log armour. :((

Just started a new world for this update, chopped down a single tall birchnut tree in a clearing on day 1, about 4-6 birchguards spawned. I was killed so quickly that I couldn't count them all.

This is annoying, because I love the birchnut tree appearance and I always want to make my base in the birchnut biomes, but because the treeguards spawn immediately as soon as you chop down one tiny tree it makes it too dangerous. I just want to have a base with a little birchnut farm for wood, not be killed when I don't even have the tech for log armour. :((

Don't worry, you can get your wish by setting them to "none" in the world generation settings.

Don't worry, you can get your wish by setting them to "none" in the world generation settings.

I've set my new world to 'less' and still managed to spawn 4 birchguards by cutting down one big tree... I don't really want to remove new elements of the game from my world.

Idk I always feel like I'm cheating if I alter my world too much, I don't think it makes much sense if birchguards are so easy to spawn, making them an annoying hassle on default when you're still unequipped, yet treeguards are rare. For a new player, cutting down a single tree to suddenly be overwhelmed by 6 birchguards, I would imagine it would be really annoying and confusing.

the way i understand it is, you make your choice - either chop the medium trees for hassle free wood, or chop the big trees and fight the treegaurds if you want acorns to plant more birchnuts. This makes the birchnuts properly renewable rather than just relocatable.

the way i understand it is, you make your choice - either chop the medium trees for hassle free wood, or chop the big trees and fight the treegaurds if you want acorns to plant more birchnuts. This makes the birchnuts properly renewable rather than just relocatable.

Do the Birchguards ever despawn? If not, I'm totally going to make a burchnutter battle arena :p

they are fun if a bit insane , they defnity  make the regular tree guards seem like a joke 

Has an army of 10 pigmen  start clearing trees for land and then suddenly 6 of these trees popped up  and an epic and pretty  chaotic battle ensued.

6 pigs died ,

twigs everywhere

khorne was pleased . 

But I have to admit they are a little difficult to solo for how easy it is to get them to show up.  

of course stupid me , i put every monster  on the 'more" setting .  Regardless i do very much like how they require strategy to defeat and i very much enjoy klei getting away from the  rather over used  hit x times , dodge attack   kite  tactics that work on most  monsters

You guys don't realize you've just got a bunch of assistants to help kill deerclops and all other bosses.

Exactly.

they don't move.

they are easy to calm down by planting new trees.

they make twigs infinite resource.

it's your choice if for some obscure reason you decide to chop them down, rather than let them be.

Exactly.

they don't move.

they are easy to calm down by planting new trees.

they make twigs infinite resource.

it's your choice if for some obscure reason you decide to chop them down, rather than let them be.

Farms as well as your soldiers, can't find a better friend.

Archived