A notable inconsistency about overheating...

Standing under a tree delays overheating, but standing underground doesn't? I understand Klei doesn't want us skipping Summer in the caves, but shouldn't there at least be a significant delay in overheating when in the caves? Even more in the ruins? It already doesn't make sense to begin with outside of game balance reasons, and it's quite overkill when stacked on top of the existing threats of the caves (eternal night, sanity draining, nightmare cycle, etc).

Overheating in caves would make just a tad bit more sense if it was consistent with other temporary methods of delaying heat.

Sometimes I wonder if people ever think, "Hey, I'll go in caves during autumn instead of winter/summer!

I don't think limiting spelunking for only 1/4 of the year because of what is going on above ground is a good idea, especially since this DLC doesn't focus on caves. Waiting a really long time to go into the caves is a bad idea too, since depth worm numbers increase.

The rain that happens in caves is also annoying, but at least it makes more sense than an instantaneous underground heat stroke.

I don't think limiting spelunking for only 1/4 of the year because of what is going on above ground is a good idea, especially since this DLC doesn't focus on caves. Waiting a really long time to go into the caves is a bad idea too, since depth worm numbers increase.

The rain that happens in caves is also annoying, but at least it makes more sense than an instantaneous underground heat stroke.

Spring and Autumn are both totally doable in caves.  Depending on your cave strategies you may not be able to do a lot of combat.  And it does limit your strategies.  You kind of either have to do miner hat + umbrella or lantern + rain hat, and in both cases you can still do rain coat/armor.  You'll still get moisture buildup but as long as you keep one strong protection it will be slow.  You may have to camp by a fire and put on an extra item once in awhile to drain the meter.  But it's hardly a game-breaker.

My understanding is that depth worms have been toned down quite a bit compared to before.  I had quit playing DS since before they came in in the first place, so I can't really speak to the veracity of that.  But I don't think they start building up until the first time you go down there possibly.  I didn't go down until like a full year after an autumn start, and I didn't have any random worm waves at all in the 10ish days I was down there.  Or maybe I was lucky, idk.  I don't really understand why so much stuff got moved to the ruins level exclusively - makes the caves seem more barren than they already were.  but that's another topic.

Klei spend the last... what, 7? updates adding the Caves into the game. Admittedly when there were far more important things they could be doing. 

Don't let the caves become even less important.

EDIT: Shite, I meant to be quoting Metashadow there.

I dunno, caves have ruins, that have the last crafting tab..and that last crafting tab gives some pretty cool stuff. I don't really see how the weather makes them less important, considering that spring and autumn last about twenty days: Giving you 40 potential exploration days in a Don't Starve year. It's like people think going in them during winter/summer is the only way.

Actually, Klei may have lowered the count specifically to combat this

Archived