Pet Peeves

Spinorex

Me!

If I try to clean my oven and end it with cutting half of my hand off. Blood....blood...but the pain is nothing compared to the anger I feel for myself....too stupid to clean a cooking utensil without risking to kill oneself...good god!!!

Man, am I pissed right now.....

dear god, i hope you won't end like anakin skywalker ^^

Okay, new pet peeve:  Getting a week of above freezing temperatures and changing out the snow tires on my commuting bike to regular tires... then getting nearly a foot of snow dumped on us last night.  I love snow and have been okay with our "Snow from December through March" marathon in upstate NY, but this was just cruel since we finally thought we were done with winter. 

I can't even bring myself to play DS to destress because I don't want to think about winter anymore.

Only because it is used so much. 

It hurts when I have to hear "Oh mah gawd, we gotta take a selfie!", "Oh look at did selife I took all by mahself", "I look so fab in dis selfie giiiiiiiiiiiirlfriend" ever in one lifetime. It's used far too much for anyone's good.

1) A 5-gallon bucket of oil weighs WAY less than a 5-gallon bucket of water

wait what how?... the chemistry behind this means it shouldn't be like that since oil is heavier.

They may have been lying about how much oil there was, or not filled the container properly.

I get sooo pissed off when my sister eats my leftover food

I also really hate it when people call me by my last name, especially if they put an honorific in front of it. *grinds teeth* it bugs the heck outta me

Also people on here referring to WX as male, probably the textbook definition of pet peeve for me.

I get that part, its the chemistry behind it that's got me stumped.

One molecule of oil has more mass than one molecule of water, but water molecules pack more tightly together in liquid form.  Solid water - aka ice - is less densely packed than liquid water, thus the ice floats on water.  Same thing, basically.

One molecule of oil has more mass than one molecule of water, but water molecules pack more tightly together in liquid form.  Solid water - aka ice - is less densely packed than liquid water, thus the ice floats on water.  Same thing, basically.

ah right, the same principle. I hadn't looked at oils intermolecular stuff in enough detail

My pet peeve is when people go to the bathroom and don't wash their hands. It's not exactly gonna hurt anyone but it's still really gross.

Well, my pet peeve is when my brother pisses on the toilet seat and doesn't wipe it up. And the next person who has to crap...

I just thought of one---when people put too much cheap perfume or cologne on--just go without--any alternative is better than a horrible, inescapable smell of chemicals that might smell nice if you haven't used too fricken much!

I get a headache and everything.

Archived