Should catcoons drop meat?

During the first few days of my most recent game, I came across a part of the map where there are several catcoon dens in the same area as several ponds.  In between the catcoons fighting each other and the frogs, I ended up with seven meat as well as two or three caps by the end of the day.  This does seem a bit excessive.  Perhaps they should either be nerfed to just give one or two morsels, or their dens set so they don't spawn too close together.

They're so friiiiiiggen cute I've just enjoyed watching them play with everything that wanders into their zone. I reeeally wanna trap one and keep it as a pet, superbad. 

Actually, you can have it as a pet. Just give it some morsel and it will follow you like pigs do. But catcoons die easily, so be careful.

Catcoons seem rare enough that it's okay that they drop meat.

They aren't rare for me. I see them running about quite a bit, I didn't really notice that them dropping meat might be an issue since I wasn't killing them because they are a really cool creature. Probably my favorite along with the volt goats. So I agree they should drop morsels imo.

Klei probably had them dropping meat to help out Wigfrid.  Kind of trying to get accessible meat in every biome.  But so far I haven't had trouble with her.  Working Koalefants really help, and between frogs and moles you can pretty much keep up.  That was a spring start too, so no rabbits.  It was kind of dicey at first because it took me forever to find any gold and get my science in gear.  And after that even longer to find 2 more gold for alchemy.  But after you get the boomerang and can hunt a koalefant efficiently, I didn't have trouble. 

I couldn't explore as freely as with a normal omnivore character, but It's almost summer and I've done probably 80% of the map borders I'm guessing.   So what I'm saying is ya, they can probably be downgraded to morsels and not be a problem for Wigfrid.

Right now they can be killed using a spear without taking any damage in return. That's a problem. They should instantly retaliate against the first melee strike you perform on them, forcing the player to sustain damage. I mean, cats have fast reflexes, right? And unless their damage is high, that meat drop would probably still be too much even after such a change.

Right now they can be killed using a spear without taking any damage in return. That's a problem. They should instantly retaliate against the first melee strike you perform on them, forcing the player to sustain damage. I mean, cats have fast reflexes, right? And unless their damage is high, that meat drop would probably still be too much even after such a change.

Yeah they are a bit too easy to kill, we used to stunlock pigs way back in the day and that was considered easy meat. I am sure cats will get some better combat ai

Archived