Easy Rabbits?

Yes it is supposed to be that easy, before the last patch, when you just attacked the bunny by standing on the path between it and its hole, you could just easily kill it and the other bunnies would not go into their holes. So yeah this way it atleast forces you to use traps. Even tho you could quite do it without traps too.

Well for me, I literally walked off screen for a few seconds, gathered a 2 bits of grass, walked back to my four traps and they all had caught a rabbit.

Pretty much never go hungry just from having 4 traps, seemed to me too easy food-wise.

Yup, traps are quite useless.

It's way quicker to let the rabbit get out, and attack him from behind.

Not true. Currently any rabbit that is attacked within sight of others will send them scurrying to their holes.

I find that the best method for bunny farming is to make a ton of traps, place them over the holes in the evening right before night, then harvest the bunnies when they emerge in the morning. Then you can immediately replace the traps before new ones spawn and the cycle will almost certainly repeat itself if you're using enough traps. I get around 20 morsels using 7 or so traps on my farming days.

Especially since the traps don't seem to trigger unless standing within sight of them.

Also not true. Traps will trap animals off screen. I've been a rabbit farmer for my main source of food and gold this game and I'm almost never on the same screen as the traps except when resetting them.

Also not true. Traps will trap animals off screen. I've been a rabbit farmer for my main source of food and gold this game and I'm almost never on the same screen as the traps except when resetting them.

Usually I go way far away from my traps and they don't get triggered. Probably cause the program doesn't spawn rabbits if they're not within a sensible distance. I think I meant that they don't trigger when I'm not in the general vicinity.

It is a bit of a fine line, though. The game starts you in a grassland/prairie with a reasonable amount of rabbit holes nearby for a reason: brand new players need to see Rabbits, see that they are reasonably plentiful, and killing/trapping them can't be too difficult because Morsels are some of the best early-game food you can get your hands on.

If you make rabbit trapping tougher, or make rabbits spawn less often, it's going to be even harder for a first-time player to get through Day 2 or 3, which is going to turn a lot of new players off, or at least I would imagine it would. At the very least it could lead to a lot of unneeded frustration.

Being able to "farm" lots of Morsels isn't that terrible of an idea in the grand scheme of things. If anything, we need the end-game, Crock Pot food(s) to be harder to get or less effective.

Lastly, I'd argue that the Pig King needs to stop trading Morsels for Gold at some point (say, after you give him a dozen or so?), and start demanding other kinds of meat instead, given how good the Gold Tools are and that every Bird Trap you make is almost enough Morsels to trade in for a full set of Gold Tools. o_O That's what, a bunch of grass and a couple twigs for 10 Gold? Able to be done with no cap? Not good.

@ Marak: only problem currently with limiting the availability of gold is the finite supply of flint and thus non-gold tools. Even though it's easy to obtain gold, gold itself isn't very important beyond crafting tools and if it remains that way then I personally see no problem with the ease of acquisition as this game develops.