DLC Questions thread! Help needed!

Updated to include Questions and Answers (Bottom of post)

I haven't seen any thread like this yet (forgive me if I'm wrong)

I have a few questions I haven't found the answer to yet by playing the DLC or looking at the wiki. So My thinking is "why bog the forums down with a 2 question topic when we can get a whole q&a going on"

If anyone else has questions, I'll try my best to answer them

How long is the expiry on Ice - I keep seeing it mentioned that you should stock up at winter, but will it last until summer? Does it stay at the same expiry indefinitely when in an ice box?

Ya, ice lasts forever in the ice box.  It also hurts your sanity if you eat "rotten" ice (i.e. water).   And DEFINITELY stock up in winter, it's a lot easier to get.  Just walk the seashore so pengulls pop up.  Their nests spawn glaciers.  You'll probably want enough for at least two flingomatics (3 or 4 better, depending on your base(s)), and two ice hats.  Unless you can get a sewing kit which (for now) repairs ice hats.

Haven't tried Wickerbottom.

It's weird right now.  The spoilage meter runs out, but it doesn't turn into anything as long as it's in the container (or your inventory I think?  don't quite remember).  But if you take it out when the spoilage meter is gone, and put it on the ground it instantly turns to water and vanishes.

So I would like to know if the Siesta Lean-to works with Wickerbottom (She can't use tents but it says nothing about these new ones)

If it does work, don't expect it to be a permanent feature. It would just be a bug that will be fixed before the DLC rolls out in its final form.

Do withered plants come back to normal on their own, in spring, for example? 

I haven't got through my summer yet, but the flingomatic will perk saplings up again, and I assume will do the same for any withered plant (Saplings were all I had within range of it).   Knowing that, they may come back on their own, or it may take until the first rain of fall.  If we get a "bucket of water", that would also be a logical way to perk them up.  I've also heard that fertilizer will do the same, though I wouldn't use fertilizer to perk up anything but berry bushes myself.  Unless i had a twig or grass emergency.

Do things catch on fire when they are off screen? (For Summer)

If they have already started smoldering, then yes.  I saw a forest pig house start smoldering, and quickly ran away in hopes it would not burn.  Several days later ran by again, it burned.  But I it did not burn the tree right by it.  So I think only if you see something smoldering and run away will it burn off screen.  As for things you never see, like way away, no.  Nothing random happens in areas that you never visit.

So saplings can start smouldering also? What about trees?

Does there seem to be a top temperature (on the thermo) that increases the chance of smouldering?

Can bushes be reverted back to normal from a Smouldering state? (i.e with ice, fertilizer)

Does anyone know the current distance in which the ice flingomatic reaches?

Can someone post the recipe for ice flingomatic and which tab it's under? (Not on the wiki yet)

If anyone else has questions, I'll try my best to answer them

How long is the expiry on Ice - I keep seeing it mentioned that you should stock up at winter, but will it last until summer? Does it stay at the same expiry indefinitely when in an ice box?

Ya, ice lasts forever in the ice box.  It also hurts your sanity if you eat "rotten" ice (i.e. water).   And DEFINITELY stock up in winter, it's a lot easier to get.  Just walk the seashore so pengulls pop up.  Their nests spawn glaciers.  You'll probably want enough for at least two flingomatics (3 or 4 better, depending on your base(s)), and two ice hats.  Unless you can get a sewing kit which (for now) repairs ice hats.

Thanks Brummbar7 :)

Q. What does ice leave after it expires? Just water, or nothing?

Thanks Brummbar7 :-)

Q. What does ice leave after it expires? Just water, or nothing?

It's weird right now.  The spoilage meter runs out, but it doesn't turn into anything as long as it's in the container (or your inventory I think?  don't quite remember).  But if you take it out when the spoilage meter is gone, and put it on the ground it instantly turns to water and vanishes.

Do withered plants come back to normal on their own, in spring, for example?

I haven't got through my summer yet, but the flingomatic will perk saplings up again, and I assume will do the same for any withered plant (Saplings were all I had within range of it).   Knowing that, they may come back on their own, or it may take until the first rain of fall.  If we get a "bucket of water", that would also be a logical way to perk them up.  I've also heard that fertilizer will do the same, though I wouldn't use fertilizer to perk up anything but berry bushes myself.  Unless i had a twig or grass emergency.

If they have already started smoldering, then yes.  I saw a forest pig house start smoldering, and quickly ran away in hopes it would not burn.  Several days later ran by again, it burned.  But I it did not burn the tree right by it.  So I think only if you see something smoldering and run away will it burn off screen.  As for things you never see, like way away, no.  Nothing random happens in areas that you never visit.

So saplings can start smouldering also? What about trees?

Does there seem to be a top temperature (on the thermo) that increases the chance of smouldering?

Can bushes be reverted back to normal from a Smouldering state? (i.e with ice, fertilizer)

Does anyone know the current distance in which the ice flingomatic reaches?

Can someone post the recipe for ice flingomatic and which tab it's under? (Not on the wiki yet)

-I'm playing through at the moment, about to hit my first winter, so hopefully I can answer more questions the further in I get xD

So I would like to know if the Siesta Lean-to works with Wickerbottom (She can't use tents but it says nothing about these new ones)

If it does work, don't expect it to be a permanent feature. It would just be a bug that will be fixed before the DLC rolls out in its final form.

Flingomatic is last item in the science tab.  Going from memory, the recipie is 15 ice, 2 gears, 2 doodads.  Doodads each take 3 gold and 2 cut stone.   So overall 15 ice, 2 gears, 6 gold, 6 stone.   Ice lasts indefinitely in the icebox, so stock up in the winter.

Do items really have a chance of slipping out of your hands when wet? I saw this as a suggestion on the forums, but the wiki also says that its true, i'm not sure if i believe it though. Has anyone actually had wet items slip out of their hands yet?

I dont know how to install the dlc. I have got it and I have the code but I dont know what I need to do with it.

Open up Steam, on the bottom left corner there's a thing '+ ADD A GAME...'. Click it. 'Activate a product on Steam...', next, next, enter the code there when it requests it, next again, and you're good to go. It should start downloading right away.

Do items really have a chance of slipping out of your hands when wet? I saw this as a suggestion on the forums, but the wiki also says that its true, i'm not sure if i believe it though. Has anyone actually had wet items slip out of their hands yet?

It was found out before wetness was nerfed to sane levels.

Open up Steam, on the bottom left corner there's a thing '+ ADD A GAME...'. Click it. 'Activate a product on Steam...', next, next, enter the code there when it requests it, next again, and you're good to go. It should start downloading right away.

Yep. Found it earlier. I am enjoying it.

In case it has alredy been posted sorry for repeating it.

After you made it through summer all saplings and grass spots return to normal (from its withered and utter useless form in summer), no rain required, but it takes 2-4 days afaik.

Archived