Sanity not much of a threat opinions/suggestions?

As the title says Sanity looses its effectivness once you have seen it for the hundredth time. The only time Sanity is a threat is during/after a boss fight or while spelunking.

The most obivious solution would be to add more shadow creatures or make more animal tranformations. But the problem you run into is that you need to get different resources otherwise it isnt worth it. And with different resources come new items. A brief summary of what to disscus in this thread:

1. Ideas/suggestions for new shadow creatures or animal transformations just like rabbits or bunnymen

2. Ideas for new items you can craft from these monsters

Tip: on the dont starve wiki there were images about curved gems perhaps something for insperation?

My own ideas:

-When a slurper ''grabs'' you while on low sanity it will drain your health slowly that doesnt affect armour. However if you attack an enemy you will gain life.

- A kind of shadow jack in the box that has a chance to reverse your controls.

- One of the underground floors is a twisted shadow dimension kind of like the ruins but looks more like an alien planet

- A shadow creature that copies the currenct character both in stats and abilitys

If you have any ideas or suggestions please take some time to think about it

Thank you for participating

Your right, sanity is a complete non-issue for us bad-ass ruin-dwellers whom spend years deep down in the caves eating nothing but 

KFC Batilisk wings

just kidding ive never actually been in the ruins except once in which i was murdered by terrorbeaks

Assume the mods will move it to the appropriate location, thanks. 

No they wont. Instead of saying things like that you should report the first post and write that it needs to be in another forum. This way you'll get the deed done and avoid comebacks like "I like how they moved it at your request".

No they wont. Instead of saying things like that you should report the first post and write that it needs to be in another forum. This way you'll get the deed done and avoid comebacks like "I like how they moved it at your request".

Noting a post is reported is a violation to reported posts itself. That's all I will say on the manner. 

Sanity ceases to be a major problem once you know how to deal with it. Much like many other things in this game. I don't think they should drastically alter it at this point, but it would be cool if sanity became more threatening under some circumstances.

For example, more hallucinations and new types of hallucinations could start showing up after you build a shadow manipulator.*

*Considering that a lot of the characters seem to talk about how dangerous & powerful a shadow is, it's kinda disappointing that it simply functions as just another magic crafting level. It would be awesome if building the shadow manipulator was a world changing event, but that's not for this thread...

wow, you all must have iron wills and adamantine constitutions, because after about 4-5 days in the ruins my sanity is at rock bottom!

good thing for green mushrooms growing in caves to collect before going down, wearing appropriate clothes like the good ol Tam O Shanter, and lots of jerky and taffy (before the start to spoil), and running back up to caves and befriending a few bunnymen or rock lobsters to get some sanity back

so i think sanity (and the lack therof) adds a lot to the game, otherwise you could hang out in caves.ruins forever

and before i realized you could kite Terrorbeaks they were the bane of my ruins exploring existance!

Sanity ceases to be a major problem once you know how to deal with it. Much like many other things in this game. I don't think they should drastically alter it at this point, but it would be cool if sanity became more threatening under some circumstances.

For example, more hallucinations and new types of hallucinations could start showing up after you build a shadow manipulator.*

*Considering that a lot of the characters seem to talk about how dangerous & powerful a shadow is, it's kinda disappointing that it simply functions as just another magic crafting level. It would be awesome if building the shadow manipulator was a world changing event, but that's not for this thread...

So, sort of like hardmode in terraria?

So, sort of like hardmode in terraria?

Well, I guess it would be a little like that, come to think of it. But I imagine it would be less global and would mostly affect things like sanity, hallucinations, and magic usage.

Archived