What do you do?

So it`s my first time playing, and it`s been day 30 or so, and I`m already bored. It is basically impossible to die now that I have a ton of farms and berry bushes, and I got no mobs attacking me at night.

So what do I do in the game?

Tbh if you lack of creativity this just isn't the game for you atm (in beta) I am at day 150 atm and I still find it amazingly entertaining.

and if you want something to do;

try getting all the 4 characters unlocked, that should take a while

Tbh if you lack of creativity this just isn't the game for you atm (in beta) I am at day 150 atm and I still find it amazingly entertaining.

and if you want something to do;

try getting all the 4 characters unlocked, that should take a while

I do lack creativity...even minecraft, I only built the basic house and farm, and a shaft mine, and quickly rushed to kill the enderdragon...

And if you were wondering how I was doing so well my first try, I was watching a youtuber named Ethoslab play for about 18 days before trying it so I already knew everything needed...You may think it ruined my game experience but I just HATE figuring stuff out myself.

^ A lot of those goals are very fun I've been personally chipping away at them. You could try my hardcore mode if you need more of a challenge. But don't starve in the current beta does require a lot of imagination otherwise. There isn't any programmed mid game or end game just yet.

I am at around Day 130, and have run out of things to do.

From Day 80 to Day 120, I have just been farming food that I didn't even need. Four Stacks of Berries, Six Stacks of Meat, Two Stacks of Morsels, Three Stacks of Honey, I think you get the point.

From Day 120 'till Day 130, I've been challenging myself to insane battles. Five Level-Three Spider Nests at once (I hit each nest two times before moving onto the next, giving me around 30 spiders or so to deal with) with Three Tentacles and no allies.

I got bored after that.

So what do I do now? With 7 Effigies up, and enough beard hair to make two more, it would be pretty hard to permanently die unless I do it on purpose.

I want to know what you guys do once you've reached this point and time

have u unlock all the character? if not then u can suicide and start over with other character lol...if u have then why not try the challenge some user suggested int the forum....or wait for the update that's coming up...be prepared cuz winter is coming....food source will be difficult..just saying =3

I'm not seeing anything about all beeboxes. :D

- All fireflies

- Pig armys, dance partys of maximum potential

- All mandrakes

- Decorate a base

You have plenty of goals left besides food imo. There are also great resources of threads that list side goals achievements and other things if you'd like.

I made a treemaze b4 the nerf to the plant radius next to other trees. It used to be a wall, now imma have to "pretend" i cant walk between the trees if i want to make a new maze in this world. Sigh Kevin, ur treenerf put a significant dent in my creativity.

I used apprx 480 pinecones to make my maze. It was worth it.

If you'd rather not restart with a new world, your best bet might be to just wait until the update. You could end up getting burned out if you played it too much, anyway.

That is very true. I might just wait for a bit :)

I'm not seeing anything about all beeboxes. :D

- All fireflies

- Pig armys, dance partys of maximum potential

- All mandrakes

- Decorate a base

You have plenty of goals left besides food imo. There are also great resources of threads that list side goals achievements and other things if you'd like.

I have all the beeboxes that I can obtain in my world (two...)

All fireflies - That might take a while :eek:

All mandrakes - I have found two so far, not sure how many are in total

Decorate a base - I'm not very creative :p

have u unlock all the character? if not then u can suicide and start over with other character lol...if u have then why not try the challenge some user suggested int the forum....or wait for the update that's coming up...be prepared cuz winter is coming....food source will be difficult..just saying =3

I haven't unlocked all the characters yet, but I'm sure when I die I will unlock the rest of them.

To give an ontopic comment, why not try to make all hats (and the vest), some of them are very fancy.

I have all the materials needed to make each hat (Even the one with the tentacle spots!) but I might try it out. Won't entertain me for long though :p

What I've decided to do is probably just to smash all my effigies and suicide. Thanks for all your suggestions though :D

Myself, I try to optimize my base:

* 20-30 Grass Tufts planted (and pooped)

* 15-20 Saplings planted

* 12-16 Berry Bushed planed (and pooped)

* 4-6 Turbo Farm Plots created, pooped, and seeded

* 1-3 Bee Boxes, because Honey is freakin' amazing and finding more Beehives is a good incentive to get out and explore now and then, plus you can occasionally scoop up your own bees in a net for Bee Mines

* 2-4 Crock Pots in order to make Dragonpies, Honey Ham, Froggie Bunwiches, and Stuffed Eggplant

* 8-12 Chests to store well, everything

* stock said chests with every kind of material

* create 1 of everything, with a particular focus on Hats (and the Dapper Vest!)

* clear out some (or all) of your Swamps of Tentacles - you get plenty combat/dodging practice, tons of Monster Meat (for cooking or research points), Spiked Tentacle weapons, and spots for hats... plus it creates safe paths though your swamps AND you can get Frog Legs while you're there - Froggie Bunwiches made with 2 Frog Legs and 2 Monster Meat restore stupid-high amounts of health AND hunger

* catch 20+ Fireflies and use them to illuminate any part of your base that your main Fire Pit doesn't cover readily, that way you can move around freely at night, even if you let your fire burn low. They also make neat paths to areas that aren't immediately inside of your base (I have a Firefly path leading to my Bee Boxes, which are a ways away from my main base because I wanted them closer to a large patch of Flowers)

If all that doesn't keep you busy for a few more in-game weeks, I dunno what to tell you. :)