Wendy N' Stuff

jangofet

So... Wendy.

She has an awesome perk, but is it worth it to deal the same damage as Wes? I mean, you won't always have abigail with you, and when you don't, what happens if hounds attack? I really love playing as
Wendy, I just want to know what you guys think about her and the balance.

Abigail regains health at 1 hp per second(game wiki) and I am pretty sure you can heal her. Also she is very strong and if you team with her and some pigs you can take down anything. I personally think that outweighs the low damage.

Well considering Wimpgang at low hunger can still own, i guess you're right...

wimpgang's a surprisingly good comparison to wendy without abigail, and its one you are familiar with only difference is the ease of sanity management wendy has (top hat = no loss at night: which is pretty useful)

wimpgang's a surprisingly good comparison to wendy without abigail, and its one you are familiar with only difference is the ease of sanity management wendy has (top hat = no loss at night: which is pretty useful)

Only draw back is that weapons are gonna need to be replaced more often.

Wendy is a pretty good one in my opinion, Paired with the reduction of overall sanity loss the reduced damage is a minor downside at best, usually it will only require you to hit something again once or twice. That being said, it pretty much eliminates birds as a food source unless via bird traps, and rabbits become much harder to fight as it's not a one shot kill. Still, I rarely use either as a food source. I personally consider Abigail as the only real downside. Her AI can be derpy and you don't really have THAT much control, and I don't think that needs tweaking. She is good where she is now, with more control over Abbi it would become somewhat OP.

Wendy is a pretty good one in my opinion, Paired with the reduction of overall sanity loss the reduced damage is a minor downside at best, usually it will only require you to hit something again once or twice. That being said, it pretty much eliminates birds as a food source unless via bird traps, and rabbits become much harder to fight as it's not a one shot kill. Still, I rarely use either as a food source. I personally consider Abigail as the only real downside. Her AI can be derpy and you don't really have THAT much control, and I don't think that needs tweaking. She is good where she is now, with more control over Abbi it would become somewhat OP.

agreed

The only problems regarding her damage is when you have to destroy a spider den tier 3 using a walking stick (because is indestructible and you don't want to completely waste a dark sword / tentacle etc just to take it down). I think it feels like ~1 minute real life time chopping at the den with a walking stick with wendy and no abi until you take it down :)

In rest is not a problem using dark swords or tentacle spikes / thelucite clubs. Tho if you plan to spend some time in caves / ruins I'd advice to bring several weapons, because you will consume them way faster than other characters - like teoS mentioned.

Her sanity drain bonus is really nice as you don't take big hits from weather changing, day-night cycle or fighting mobs.

I'm a big fan of Wendy, Abi is quite useful if you're willing to plan things out, specifically going out at dusk or night. I just beat Adventure mode for the first time (woohoo!) with Wendy, and Abi cleaned up on Darkness. If you send her to attack a wasp nest, she'll stun lock them as they come out and you don't have to worry at all. The others are right though, Wendy's weak hits make killing birds or rabbits annoying, boomerangs and any tools take 2 hits, but a spear works fine. The biggest problem is she tends to aggro when you don't want her to, and can cause quite a mess (looking at you deerclops). On top of everything, with the new update she'll be able to follow through levels of caves. Oh hey, does anybody know if the ruins is counted as constant night as far as Abi goes or does her damage fluctuate with the nightmare cycle? Sorry about being so long winded.

Archived