[Testing] When In Doubt, Use Brute Force

simplex

Ok, I fixed the Moose issue and removed the spiky bush loot from the cloudbush (it's still diggable, but you'll only get cotton by digging it; I'm open to feedback on that, of course*).

The issue with the Moose is not that it was laying two eggs. What happened is a non-existent animation ("lay_egg") was being played, which made the Moose invisible (when you got close to one, or when it moved, it played another animation, reappearing). What I did was remove that non-existent animation mention and make the geese only lay eggs offscreen.

* I'm still not sure what the issue was with the spiky bush loot (which I just commented out). Nor do I see an effective difference by removing it, keeping just the cotton. I could just make it non-diggable, of course. That's why I'd like some more feedback.

Ok, I fixed the Moose issue and removed the spiky bush loot from the cloudbush (it's still diggable, but you'll only get cotton by digging it; I'm open to feedback on that, of course).

The issue with the Moose is not that it was laying two eggs. What happened is a non-existent animation ("lay_egg") was being played, which made the Moose invisible (when you got close to one, or when it moved, it played another animation, reappearing). What I did was remove that non-existent animation mention and make the geese only lay eggs offscreen.

That's awesome! I haven't sat down to comb over everything that needs fleshing and polishing, but I'm hoping to get around to it soon. I was a little overwhelmed getting used to the new subforum and all, so getting caught up requires a little more attention. I'm looking forward to that recap thread.

trees are growing, are there plans on regular tree growth in future?

edit: I can confirm no other surface plant is growing (similarly to surface winter likely the desired effect)

but my entity count is insane... 7603 (179 awake)

The idea is things shouldn't be plantable up there (the restriction hasn't been implemented yet, obviously).

And why is the entity count insane? That's lower than on regular maps. Not to mention we have an overabundance of entities right now, since the worldgen is in a testing state. It's not causing slow downs, is it?

The idea is things shouldn't be plantable up there (the restriction hasn't been implemented yet, obviously).

And why is the entity count insane? That's lower than on regular maps. Not to mention we have an overabundance of entities right now, since the worldgen is in a testing state. It's not causing slow downs, is it?

I should check the backspace more often, last time on a regular map I had 3000 - odd, my naivety in this subject shows, no slowdowns aren't caused by it I was just unsure whats going on

what the... the double golden egg is back again doesn't happen as often as before but its still there

and another thing, blowing the beefalo horn near marshmallow bees makes them attack you is this intended? ( I will be double checking this) ok turns out they are inexplicably hostile

I'm not sure what you mean. How many is them? And how did you account for the eggs having been laid in previous static phases as not a viable possibility?

well there were stacked precisely on top of one another (I couldn't see the ones beneath the first until I picked it up) by them I mean the eggs in general as they tend to be in the same area currently.

It was a whole new world too so it can't have been pre-existing egg stacks. Unless you have it so they lay eggs in certain spots I'm unsure how the previous cycles would cause this

I'll try and get a video of it when I can (I'll be redownloading the mod too) if a fix took place or not while I was gone then I'll let you know

If they were precisely on the same spot, then it's very likely it's a bug as you said.

It would be nice if you could use the GitHub app to ensure you're in sync.

I'll give it a shot, Im a little slow to try and figure out new things but if I can get it to work, great!

EDIT:

@simplex it seems to have stopped now, but I did only look after one static cycle, so I'll let you know if the issue arises again

@simplex it looks like (not sure if this is the case) the eggs are duplicating at the beginning of each static cycle, I tested this with and without other mods just to see if that would do anything (dunno why just thought it could affect something) 

well this is strange... I need to re create this without additional mods running to see if this happens normally (and no worries the videos are unlisted only those who visit this page can see it)

I'll give it a shot, Im a little slow to try and figure out new things but if I can get it to work, great!

EDIT:

@simplex it seems to have stopped now, but I did only look after one static cycle, so I'll let you know if the issue arises again

@simplex it looks like (not sure if this is the case) the eggs are duplicating at the beginning of each static cycle, I tested this with and without other mods just to see if that would do anything (dunno why just thought it could affect something) 

well this is strange... I need to re create this without additional mods running to see if this happens normally (and no worries the videos are unlisted only those who visit this page can see it)

I think it has something to do with the brain/stategraph of the ram. Not sure, I haven't seen that happen since transformations were fixed.

Archived