Don't Starve Roadmap

Not at the price of performance; they will be optional of course so you can keep the visuals how you like :)

Although my computer is laggy as all steak; but I still want the game to be as pretty as the others.That's just my opinion, though.

I don't hate mutliplayer. I don't play a lot of it, but there are certainly interesting examples out there - from Day Z to Dark Souls. I just don't think it's right for this particular game. Multiplayer is good for a game when there is a compelling design reason (beyond 'it would be fun with friends') for it to be there. This particular game just happens to be more Castaway than Lord of the Flies.

I think he states that there is no multiplayer planned so far!

It has its disadvantages. Most overrated games have horrible fanbases; I'm not looking forward for that.

If you think that this fan-base ( or any other fan-base ) is less or more annoying then you are kidding yourself, trust me Don't Starves fan-base is just as horrible as any other, and that includes me.

If you think that this fan-base ( or any other fan-base ) is less or more annoying then you are kidding yourself, trust me Don't Starves fan-base is just as horrible as any other, and that includes me.

Every fanbase is annoying; don't get me wrong.

But you know. I'm talking about that stage.

Alright; carrying on..

Most fanbases are pretty amazing. They keep us all warm and fuzzy, and the outcome of socializing with strangers is surprisingly positive. We get to know each other without the invasion of privacy; which is one thing I love about the internet. As the fanbase grows; the more support the Devs get, and their succession leads them to make other amazing content. It's usually a good thing, of course.

But all things come with a price.

As the community grows; the amount of people increases as well.

But as the group of people increases; the more attention it will unwillingly seek.

Thus, people with mind-boggling opinions may join the community.

This is usually bad news.

For example; let's talk about the "Sonic Fanbase".

Sega is a surprisingly rich and successful company; thanks to its fanbase, of course.

One of the most noticeable events that happened in this decade is Sonic 2006. And as you may know; it's a really bad game. It was rumored that the fans wanted the game published in the anniversary, which pressured them to release the monstrosity we know today. That's how powerful and big a fanbase can be, it's truly frightening.

The next example is the "Call of Duty Fanbase".

I assume you know where I'm going at.

So, in conclusion. Let the community grow. Slowly, but progressively.

Let them Devs be.

It has its disadvantages. Most overrated games have horrible fanbases; I'm not looking forward for that.

It won't be overrated, and as long as Klei stick to the original fanbase, it'll be fine, I'm sure. And also outsider views are way better for less mainstream games, such as if I said 'I like Minecraft', I'd probably get really badly bullied (I don't by the way, like Minecraft that is), but when I said that I played Don't Starve, I got about 40 people interested. So I suppose being small does have advantages, but really I just can't imagine the game without its updates! They're just too good! :)

So I suppose being small does have advantages, but really I just can't imagine the game without its updates! They're just too good! :)

Well, for commercial purpose; it's always a good thing to attract the "outsiders".

The only problem lies in-between their preferences and how they socially react.

It's usually the smallest things that make life a beautiful experience.

A diamond in the rough; I should say!