[Archived] Original Mod Collaboration Thread

I sketched up some basic worldgen with some of our core assets: turf, skyflowers and sheep.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Grab it from the git repo and check it for yourselves. Just spawn a beanstalk and climb!

And, hmm, looking at how it all fits together I'm thinking we need some kind of tree. Or at least some tall vegetation (or something passing for that). The world looks quite empty without it.

Also, I'm noticing some stutter sometimes when walking around the cloud level. It seems to be caused by the game dynamically loading/unloading assets (such as textures and animations) too frequently. What the game does for its own level types is include common assets and prefabs in the dependencies of the world entity, preventing that. So I think we really need to have our own cloudrealm entity, for the sake of smooth gameplay.

It's looking fabulous! Except for the nasty texture seam on the ground, there.

Hope you're able to fix that, since it really does break the look. =(

• Like 1

So we have two different docs now? I noticed that there are sketches and examination quotes for mobs and items but no description on what they are supposed to do. If i could get a simple description on their purpose i can go and work out the details on them (stats, effects etc). Also the flying fish idea is MY IDEAAA MYYYY!! :razz: I suggested them along with the polar bears, that would be the recruitable mob of the clouds (by giving them flying fish) Got it scrapped in favor of the Owlpeople? All feedback i got was some sketches from Willette... @simplex is it possible to make a river of sorts in the game to fish the fish from? Or just be able to get them from the cloud waves?And @Luggs mind if i write the quotes for Wolfgang?

Edited by TeoSS69

I just noticed this happens when you enable the mod:

Posted Image

How sneaky, @debugman18!

Ha! That's fantastic!

And I think I couldn't spawn anything via the console as I had the 30/08 version of the mod.

Also, great job with the mist! It covers up the ugly Cloud Turf seam. Means we can focus on beefing the world up a bit without having that annoying us.

Edited by ArcticFox789

And there we have it, cloud caves!

I'm starting to picture you in my head as fat jolly old man with a big white beard!

That is awesome news simplex!

Posted Image

So we have two different docs now?

We do? Was there another Google Doc already?... :shock: 

I noticed that there are sketches and examination quotes for mobs and items but no description on what they are supposed to do. If i could get a simple description on their purpose i can go and work out the details on them (stats, effects etc).

We're still working on adding those descriptions as notes on each page, but i don't think the preview link will show you those.

Come join the party.

Also the flying fish idea is MY IDEAAA MYYYY!! :razz: I suggested them along with the polar bears, that would be the recruitable mob of the clouds (by giving them flying fish) Got it scrapped in favor of the Owlpeople? All feedback i got was some sketches from Willette...

Fixed! Sorry about that...

Hmmm, yeah, speaking for myself, if i had to choose between both of those i'd go with the Owlpeople. And we may have to choose between them, there's already too many mobs.

@debugman18: The link on the OP needs an update (it's opening the doc on the 2nd page).

Edited by lifemare

It's looking fabulous! Except for the nasty texture seam on the ground, there.

Hope you're able to fix that, since it really does break the look. =(

Yeah, it's just a matter of getting it to tessellate. That's for our fancy artists, though! :D

Hmmm, yeah, speaking for myself, if i had to choose between both of those i'd go with the Owlpeople. And we may have to choose between them, there's already too many mobs.

@debugman18: The link on the OP needs an update (it's opening the doc on the 2nd page).

Done!

I (mostly) agree. I'd personally go with the owlpeople. I would like polar bears or something as well, eventually... Maybe for another level. But, yes, we need to come up with taller plantlife. I've actually had crystals in mind for a while. Maybe they could be spires?

Yeah, it's just a matter of getting it to tessellate. That's for our fancy artists, though! :grin:

Done!

I (mostly) agree. I'd personally go with the owlpeople. I would like polar bears or something as well, eventually... Maybe for another level. But, yes, we need to come up with taller plantlife. I've actually had crystals in mind for a while. Maybe they could be spires?

crystal spires could use the basalt model (just a tad more colourful)

We do? Was there another Google Doc already?... :shock: 

Yeah there was one from debugman too. And no worries about the bears. I thought them with the flying fish  in mind so we'd use that to recruit them. Uh Owls eat fish too right? 

I was wondering if we'll have the basic resoruces up there too (grass, twigs, logs). And i would go with crystal trees, using the model of the spiky trees in the swamp. The basalt could be home to the Owlmen.

Yeah there was one from debugman too. And no worries about the bears. I thought them with the flying fish  in mind so we'd use that to recruit them. Uh Owls eat fish too right? 

I was wondering if we'll have the basic resoruces up there too (grass, twigs, logs). And i would go with crystal trees, using the model of the spiky trees in the swamp. The basalt could be home to the Owlmen.

Nothing from the caves/basic world should be up there naturally. Maybe there could be ways to get similar resources. Considering there are plans for all kinds of recipes, there will definitely be ways to survive with only what is up there.

Edit: And I like @lifemare's google doc better, anyways. The other ones aren't presentation format.

Edited by debugman18

Nothing from the caves/basic world should be up there naturally. Maybe there could be ways to get similar resources. Considering there are plans for all kinds of recipes, there will definitely be ways to survive with only what is up there.

I see, just checking. And no, i din't say trees, grass, and saplings. Was looking forward to alternate ways to get them. Well i'll wait for the items and their recipes :)

I see, just checking. And no, i din't say trees, grass, and saplings. Was looking forward to alternate ways to get them. Well i'll wait for the items and their recipes :-)

There will surely be alternate ways. On an aside, the cloudrealm is really more of a mid-late game than anything, so basic resources shouldn't be an issue by then.

There will surely be alternate ways. On an aside, the cloudrealm is really more of a mid-late game than anything, so basic resources shouldn't be an issue by then.

Yep i guess we could bring plantables from down below anyway. And we need some food ideas. So far we have fish, cloud candy (cloud bush?) cocoa (cocoa tree?) and marshmallows (prodcued by skyflies?). What about peas from the giant?

Yep i guess we could bring plantables from down below anyway. And we need some food ideas. So far we have fish, cloud candy (cloud bush?) cocoa (cocoa tree?) and marshmallows (prodcued by skyflies?). What about peas from the giant?

Yeah, I imagine the peas will be there as food. And yes, cloudfruit (cloud candy) will come from cloud bushes. @Willette has those arts, though. :p

A cocoa tree of some kind could work for cocoa. As for marshmallows, I'm not sure how they'll be implemented, but I'm sure we'll come up with something viable.

Skyflies are those fireflies from @Willette's screenshots, aren't they?

@ArcticFox789 so iwas looking at the presentation and noticed an owl version of the bishop. What if the Longbill changes into an electric version with high static like the sheep into rams? We could use the bishops model and his electric attack.

That's a brilliant idea! Yes!

Oh, working on the Longbill again before I head back to school tomorrow. Have joined it up correctly, I think, probably will need a last person to go over it, to fix it all up. Anyway, finally got GIMP, and using it to give the Longbill a more DS look, and it's progressing nicely.

Drawing inspiration from the Gobbler, as it's the nearest thing I can think of in the game.

Once I am done with the Longbill, I can start the 'Static' version. But my contributions will be a bit less frequent now I need to study and do coursework.

Edited by ArcticFox789
  • Like 2

i have no idea how i should think about this, but you can help me with telling me what this is

umm, here you can see some beanstalk tips, some candy fruit from cloud bushes, a few marshmallow bees... nothing confusing at all... as you can see... very logical... yes...