A video with gameplay of one of the very first public versions of Don't Starve :D

I found it when lurking around.Here it is!The game has progressed a lot, no?I can't help but feel that i love Wilson's running animations in that version.Also, i wonder if Klei could do like, keep a little beta branch open on Steam that has one of the very first versions of Don't Starve, it would be nice to see how the game played back then.

Wow, yeah. A lot of stuff looked a bit placeholder-y, like the void at the edge of the island instead of ocean, and the system font for the UI. The rabbits were so dumb back then. And Wilson's art was a bit...derpy. Sort of a perpetual ಠ_ಠ look to him.I do like that title screen, though, as well as the smooth camera rotation.

Edited by ThatBum

ahhh.... sadly, I didn't come quite that far back. I came right about the naught/nice update came out, and it was soooo easy. Pretty much everything from the clothing tab was useless, people were turtling like crazy with, like, 20 ways of resurrection. I remember making a world just to dig up every grass tuft to put the science machine for points.

Wait, why did they change how you build campfires? The way in that video makes it so you can't store them in your pocket for later.

And now you can store them in your building tab, so be happy you save an inventory slot now.

Did you guys notice that gold was some sort of point system? Everytime the dude picked up some gold the gold counter at the top left increased.

I think it was the old research system? Maybe?

I think it was the old research system? Maybe?

I think this is even older than that system. The kind of research you're thinking of involved putting items into a science machine and it eating them for points.