[Guide] Hunting Rabbits: The easy way

Hello there!

The following information may be old and obvious for some, but I'm sure it will help beginners to deal with Rabbits and get food easily. And no, we will NOT talk about traps :)

*Billy Mays voice* Are you tired to see those pesky rabbits hopping around? Are you tired to waste precious carrots to bait them into your trap? Are you hungry and about to die? Worry not! Follow these steps and get your hands on the filthy rodent!

First:

You want to position yourself just as showed in the following image, letting the Rabbit Hole between you and your target. Oh, make sure to be equipped with some tool or weapon!

post-1385-13764589425278_thumb.jpg

Second:

Click attack! The rabbit will run back to its Hole as you run against it!

Third:

*Slash!* Well done! Now enjoy your meal!

post-1385-13764589425517_thumb.jpg

Now that you know how to easily get Rabbits without spending a single carrot, you surely will be able to survive more and easier out there!

Enjoy!

Nice strategy.. I never thought you can get rabbits wihout traps. But isn't this way overpowered.. you can catch every rabbit just for slightly damage on your weapon and they respawn like every day. Is this going to be fixed or is it on purpose?

Edit: I found an other way to catch them without carrots, just use berries for bait. This could be helpfull if this strategy is fixed.

Nice strategy.. I never thought you can get rabbits wihout traps. But isn't this way overpowered.. you can catch every rabbit just for slightly damage on your weapon and they respawn like every day. Is this going to be fixed or is it on purpose?

Edit: I found an other way to catch them without carrots, just use berries for bait. This could be helpfull if this strategy is fixed.

I think I heard that an upcoming patch will change rabbit behavior a bit so that if you scare one, all nearby rabbits are scared off as well. It'll probably make this tactic a bit less overpowered.

I think I heard that an upcoming patch will change rabbit behavior a bit so that if you scare one, all nearby rabbits are scared off as well. It'll probably make this tactic a bit less overpowered.

Dang there goes my reliable food source :p guess I'll have to start making traps haha.

It's completely overpowered. Rabbits need either a respawn timer or that different behavior. If you spawn next to 10+ rabbit holes (which you usually will). You have your food for the first couple of days set :)

- - - Updated - - -

It's completely overpowered. Rabbits need either a respawn timer or that different behavior. If you spawn next to 10+ rabbit holes (which you usually will). You have your food for the first couple of days set :)

Still kinda works good tho. IF you find a nesting ground full of them. Sure, its not like you could get about 20 morsels a day but can get 5-10 without much work in the new patch plus laying the traps on the holes and killing one works nice.

i think traps are the best way to go, i usually set 3-4 right infront or right on top of the hole, then i just do wutever i do during the day then come back at night and u got 4 meats right there, idk about u guys but i always have carrots and berries on hand and bunny meant as back up...

Wow, i don't want to brag, but am i really the only one who found this out on his first time playing when seeing a rabbit for the second or third time?

Allow us to bask in ur presence o great one :lol:

Im sure there are others, but i saw it on stream for 5 mins then bought the game. Already spoiled the rabbit trick for me, so i cant tell if i would have found it out by myself ;) But anyway, good for u! I found out about the "u can kite everything" the first time playing. Its coz i tend to go WAAAAHHH and run away but other ppl dont have to know that >.<