Roleplay?[FULL]

Maximum124

Hello friends, as a complete and total noob when it comes to RP; I would like to start one up, as practice is the best way to get good at this type of thing. (also as a crude attempt to make friends)

I'm a big lame butt when it comes to RP setting ideas, So perchance we RP our current avatar's characters in the DS universe? (there's probably going to be an entire army of Wilsons running around)

again Im just a beginner when it comes to this so if a more experienced person could help kick this off that would be the best

I literally have no clue what I am doing and have no clue how this is supposed to work out PLEASE HELP

(the bird in my avatar name is Napkin btw uvu)

*THIS RP IS NOT ACCEPTING NEW MEMBERS*

Edited by Maximum124

[Well, I tend to speak out of character in brackets]*Vincent then explains to Maximum124 that he used asterisks for actions*And, here I am. How are you today? Nice day to not be breaking the fourth-wall.---[Everyone tends to have their own ways of doing things, this is just mine.]

Hello there, folks. I'll be happy to help you answer any questions you have about roleplays.

Hmm, how to RP?

Oh, oh, I want to be a veterinarian!

That's not what i had in mind but hey, it's something. I wanna be a wereshark. Yep.

RPing is quite simple. I usually do it like this:

-Actions- *Lord Battal lights the tree on fire*

-Dialouge- "Ha! Take that, ya lousy tree!"

-Thoughts- (I actually feel kinda sorry for it.)

If you use multiple characters, I'd suggest assigning a color to each of them. For example:

green=tree

red=LordBattal

"Haha. Burn!"

(Why is he doing this to me? :()

I'd also suggest adding a character order. When I first started with Life on the Islands, we had a lot of trouble with out-of-syncness. Just keep things logical and entertaining, and you'll have an excellent RP in no time.

Edited by Lord_Battal

So the whole "OC" and "OOC" is so last decade?

The OOC thing is actually used on source games. I just adopted it.In source games, you would use /ooc for talking Out Of Character, I liked the idea a lot. But, I don't really use it. I just use square brackets.

The OOC thing is actually used on source games. I just adopted it.In source games, you would use /ooc for talking Out Of Character, I liked the idea a lot. But, I don't really use it. I just use square brackets.

Gotcha. I'll just use > and < since they're easier on my keyboard.

So now how do we start this? We need rules don't we?

umm... Keep it pg-13?

uhhhh try not to break the scene?

and don't insult each others grandparents

(i like the idea that we should assign the character colors I call orange)

Heyo. I was skulking around the forums, reading discussions and admiring art, and I figured this thread might be the best way to drop in and say hi, primarily because I'm interested in joining this roleplay if it actually takes off. I've never done a roleplay over a forum, just live action in some games. So being that a few rookies are here, I figured this would be the best place to start. Uh... I can join right? Not full or anything?

umm... Keep it pg-13?

uhhhh try not to break the scene?

and don't insult each others grandparents

(i like the idea that we should assign the character colors I call orange)

I call Black! What? It's my favorite color :(

Heyo. I was skulking around the forums, reading discussions and admiring art, and I figured this thread might be the best way to drop in and say hi, primarily because I'm interested in joining this roleplay if it actually takes off. I've never done a roleplay over a forum, just live action in some games. So being that a few rookies are here, I figured this would be the best place to start. Uh... I can join right? Not full or anything?

Welcome! I think we're still open. Well haven't set a limit yet. But that's expected from us :p So should we wait for 10 characters or smth?

can I join ? I love role playing!

Yes you may both join! I don't know how many people can realistically join.... But I want to have lots of people have lots of fun!

Hey thanks! Uh... I better grab a color quick. Blue?

For the player limit...? I have no idea. I guess it depends how many characters each person is getting. In fact... how many characters are we allowed to have?

Yes you may both join! I don't know how many people can realistically join.... But I want to have lots of people have lots of fun!

So, i think a story is due next? Where are we? What are we? Why are we gonna deal with each other?

Is it okay if i use bold text? It's still black but distinguishable.

Hey thanks! Uh... I better grab a color quick. Blue?

For the player limit...? I have no idea. I guess it depends how many characters each person is getting. In fact... how many characters are we allowed to have?

Well Im guessing one per person, seeing as we are RPing our avatars, so I guess that makes you a Wilson of some description?