Fireflies

You doing it at night?

My guess would be no. He's probably just spotting them during the day, when they disappear on approach.

Critter79, you need to hunt fireflies at night with a bug net. I suggest locating where they are during the day and then creating a camp fire near them at night. Then catch them.

Well, I'm using two Torches (for light) and Bug Net, then simply walk through the forest at night. When I'm spot the fireflies, I just changing Torch for Bug Net (right-click), quickly click at fireflies to catch them, then swithing back to Torch avoiding Boogieman darkness damage.

I have been hunting them at night, with torches and a bug net. I try to keep a distance so they don't disappear, I've tried going in closer to bring up the "catch" command, but it's not even giving me the option.

I've tried starting a new world and see if I have any better luck. I will try camping out in an area with them instead of just running around and see if that helps any.

(And despite the funny name, I'm a girl.)

Has anyone else found that Fireflies stored within a chest provide a little bit of light?

Yeah, the chest glows very faintly green if it has Fireflies stored in it. I thought that was a very nice little touch, love the attention to detail.

I tend to either use a torch to go find the fireflies, then walk within a few squares of them, switch to the net, scroll over the glow, the "catch" actually only shows up when your mouse is directly over a firefly it seems, then QUICKLY swap back to the torch as Soon as you've caught them. Repeat about twenty billion times....

Yeah, the chest glows very faintly green if it has Fireflies stored in it. I thought that was a very nice little touch, love the attention to detail.

The crock pot also has similar lighting effect at night if it's cooking then and away from your camp fire. A very cool detail for sure.