Ode to Maxwell (original song, and spoiler free!)

This is the song I made for [MENTION=7126]Raccoon Superhero[/MENTION]'s Campfire Song Contest, but I'm so happy with how it came out that I feel it should have its own thread! (Not to mention I feel there's a lack of threads dedicated to songs ;)) Let me know what you guys think! :)http://www.mediafire.com/?ic4ixiymxdbshohLYRICS:

VERSE:Well you were sitting there, mindin' your ownwhen hear this sort of, telephoneIt whispers to you would you like to knowforbidden knowledge, yeah? well here we go!out of nowhere you feel clarityan urge to build machines all scienceyyour first creation's nothing but a successflip the switch now lets put it to the test!CHORUS:Maxwell, the devil himselfA dapper gentleman but boy he'll put you through hell, oh he'sMaxwell, beware his callhe'll trap you in his world with no escape at allHE'S MAXWELL!VERSE:He's lean and mean, and very sneakyHe's very presumptuous and a little cheekyA bit of a snide fellow as you can seebut if you cross him you will regret it immediately!You're entertainment to him, don't you realize?He'll make you cower and make you think you're seeing eyesOr maybe they're really there, I wouldn't get tiredHe'll make shadowy hand come out and steal your fire! Because he'sCHORUSBRIDGE:Poor little you, stuck here all aloneWith winter coming and ready to chill you right to the bone, youFind the same contraption that you built back homeWonder where it goes...Adventure Hooo!

• Like 4

Thanks everyone :D I appreciate it all! Maybe [MENTION=83]Corey[/MENTION] will be nice enough to hook me up with some sort of music badge for a link to this page...If he thinks it's worthy enough of course! :love_heart:

Posted Image

lol amazing Snob

Thanks again everyone! I really appreciate the support :) I'm thinking of writing some more songs and possibly making a music thread in the art forum. Although I usually can't write really good lyrics, I had a lot of fun writing this one and I think I could do the game some justice with some more fan-tunes.

Hey w00t. Hey. Hey man. Hey.I shall inform you that this is in my playlist i listen to all day every day.Only the best songs which are mostly accompanies by memories get in there.Feel honored.Okay scratch that last part :DMake more of thooose. Become a professional. Take my money! Or something."You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to w00tyd00d again."Forums, getting real tired of your manure.

+ 100 Internets to you sir! p.s. i think this could be a thing, i mean im in the middle east and im jamming to this

Haha well thank you very much :) and welcome to the forums, bud!

Hey w00t. Hey. Hey man. Hey.I shall inform you that this is in my playlist i listen to all day every day.Only the best songs which are mostly accompanies by memories get in there.Feel honored.Okay scratch that last part :DMake more of thooose. Become a professional. Take my money! Or something."You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to w00tyd00d again."Forums, getting real tired of your manure.

Hahaha I do feel honored Palp ;) but thanks man I really do appreciate the kind words. I've gotten a melody and about 1/3 lyrics down for another song I'm making and I'm also in the process of writing the melody to a third song. I also want to try to get a hold of my buddy whom I know has better recording equipment I can use (anything's better at this point, right now I'm using a built-in mic to my laptop :(). I'll try to get them done as soon as I can for ya :D

Hahaha I do feel honored Palp ;) but thanks man I really do appreciate the kind words. I've gotten a melody and about 1/3 lyrics down for another song I'm making and I'm also in the process of writing the melody to a third song. I also want to try to get a hold of my buddy whom I know has better recording equipment I can use (anything's better at this point, right now I'm using a built-in mic to my laptop :(). I'll try to get them done as soon as I can for ya :D

We get more and in better quality, yay! :D

DD8> I'm surprised Klei hasn't asked if this could be on their official soundtrack or something! This..is...AWESOME! *kicks something down a dark hole*The lyrics match Maxwell to a tee without spoilers, the melody is catchy, you have such a versitile range...Klei, you're missing out on some genuine talent!

Great job man. You have a great talent, Very fun to listen to. I hope at some point Klei implement a radio that you can craft to listen to the soundtracks but also to listen to this song during the night when I'm bored. Again, great job.

DD8>

I'm surprised Klei hasn't asked if this could be on their official soundtrack or something! This..is...AWESOME! *kicks something down a dark hole*

The lyrics match Maxwell to a tee without spoilers, the melody is catchy, you have such a versitile range...Klei, you're missing out on some genuine talent!

Wow thank you man :) that truly does mean a lot!

Great job man. You have a great talent, Very fun to listen to. I hope at some point Klei implement a radio that you can craft to listen to the soundtracks but also to listen to this song during the night when I'm bored. Again, great job.

I've always wanted the same thing! Now that would be a noteworthy mod to make for this game :p but thank you for the kind words!