[Game Update] - 598753

2 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can get this BP without finishing her entire questline.. Im sorry but I’m not fighting damn CrabKing in every world I just want a few tables and chairs in.

meant it as finishing the replica chair quest , not the entire missions , just that one in particular

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

I'm unsure about this change.  It means Shadow Flame is the best for boss fighting b/c it does higher single target damage, and the bolts won't be distracted anymore.  The increased damage per/bolt still helps with some utility vs hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys / etc, but its less reliable against groups.  Lunar flame is much more reliable against groups, able to easily flatten dozens of hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys in a single cast but has limited damage making it worse for boss fights*

This is great imo.

You have the option to choose single target dps or AoE damage. Neither one should excel over the other unlike the live branch where shadow flame is questionably worse.

• Like 7

This patch keeps getting better! 

7 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Wormwood no longer gets drowsy when releasing Moon Shroom Cloud.
  • Brambleshade Armor can only be equipped by Wormwood.

Awesome changes. 

Bramble Husks seem to have a decreased AoE on the beta.

Baby tentacles from tentapillars can attack u without dying to the thorns burst. This was never the case before. 

Brambleshade armor does not have this bug. 

———

Also, could Wormwood’s summons maybe be made immune to the Lunar mush hat’s spores?

Wormwood players are the most likely to use the new hat and its unfortunate that it hurts his pets especially since none of them can wear hats unlike the pigman-like followers and spiders.

Edited by Ohan
  • Like 10

2 hours ago, Yuuko said:

it means Shadow Flame is the best for boss fighting b/c it does higher single target damage, and the bolts won't be distracted anymore.  The increased damage per/bolt still helps with some utility vs hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys / etc, but its less reliable against groups.  Lunar flame is much more reliable against groups, able to easily flatten dozens of hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys in a single cast but has limited damage making it worse for boss fights*

*Only boss fight I really use lunar flame in is Bee Queen.

tbh i think thats the point theyre good for different scenarios shadow alignment and weapons are better for bosses while lunar alignment and weapons are better for aoe content youre meant to choose which one you want to specialize in

Edited by Alexx7
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Pep61 said:

Hate to sound like a broken record. but this is important for multiplayer.  

can we get the sawhorse bp as a bottle trading  with pearl? 

having  just 1 per world is not optimal.
(still locking it until you finish her quest first to make it fair)

Please please please Klei do this.

1 hour ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Please can you please add a chat for the Kqing of merms?:wilson_flower:

Без названия189_20240316085951.png

This one would actually be useful unlike the rest. The merm king could tell you when he is hungry off screen.

• Like 8
  • Big Ups 1

2 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

This one would actually be useful unlike the rest. The merm king could tell you when he is hungry off screen.

Do the messages even show up if you are not near the npcs?

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

You can get this BP without finishing her entire questline.. Im sorry but I’m not fighting damn CrabKing in every world I just want a few tables and chairs in.

They can make it like her second friendship upgrade.

Just now, gamehun20 said:

Do the messages even show up if you are not near the npcs?

Merm king can be global for all Wurts and everyone with a merm disguise in their inventory.

2 hours ago, Pep61 said:

meant it as finishing the replica chair quest , not the entire missions , just that one in particular

I prefer just buying it for bottle.

• Health 3
  • Sanity 1

10 hours ago, V2C said:

Changes

• Willow’s Shadow Fire will now find targets the same way the player’s Auto Attack command.
  • Wormwood no longer gets drowsy when releasing Moon Shroom Cloud.
  • Brambleshade Armor can only be equipped by Wormwood.
  • The Scaled Furnace now may be used to destroy items.
  • Retrofitting will try harder to place the Junkyard set piece, spawn in a missing W.O.B.O.T., and spawn in a missing marker for Wagstaff to make use of the Junkyard.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Wanda’s Masquerader skin missing the clock in her hair while moving upwards.
  • Fixed Dragonfly Light dropping Deck Illuminator’s loot when the mast it’s attached is hammered.
  • Fixed Lunar Funcap crafting recipe showing up in crafting filters it wasn't supposed to show.
  • Fixed not being able to inspect things while walking.
  • Fixed creatures trying to take the Deerclops Eyeball from Ice Crystaleyezers.
  • Fixed Scrap Wall not showing up in the “Decorations” crafting filter.
  • Fixed Brambleshade Armor showing the wrong art.
  • Fixed Brambleshade Armor not protecting against thorn procs.
  • Fixed Brambleshade Armor procs still activating after unequipped.
  • Fixed overlapping Charged Glassy Rocks due to lightning strikes.
  • Fixed bug causing clients with lag compensation disabled to slip off boats sometimes.

View full update

Damn i'm getting speechless over here :love_heart: Incredible stuff once again.
Just one final note because i dont see it part of the bug fixes, is it intended that the Brambleshade is doing the reflective damage of Brightshade, instead of the reflect damage of the husk ? (the husk armor reflect damage is higher than brightshade).

Best Regards,

Glermz

Edited by GLERMZ
  • Like 7

1 hour ago, Cruvimaster said:

I'm expecting anything for Wigfrid. :-D:-D:-D

what would you be hoping for at the moment?

I just ran a world on the beta to get a feel for her kit and abilities in normal play, for the most part, I enjoyed my experience. In fact, early mid and late game where pretty dang fun. (was nice to just go on a rampage, wasn't much that could reasonably stop me except a few close calls with twins and cc) 

the weird spear she makes is pretty useful, the beef perks where nice for taming a early rider beef, and the added panic time on the startling silique was helpful in the ruins.

I enjoyed most of it, only part that bothered me was probably the fact that some of the songs wouldn't see any use, found myself taking the lunar side just for the shadow dmg and nothing else. 

Edited by ZeRoboButler
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

I'm expecting anything for Wigfrid. :-D:-D:-D

8jg7gc.jpg

It's not Wigfrid-related, but I made two posts so far discussing Willow, and I think I, along with one other person, are the only ones. I fear that, due to them not receiving much attention, no one else really talking about her, and my current delinquent status making me unable to be taken seriously, Klei won't even see them, let alone take the suggestions to consideration, which sucks because I feel like now's the time to express my concerns again since they're taking another look at skill trees this beta.

Aside from them maybe seeing it every time a moderator approves a post of mine, there's no other indication that it might have been someone who makes decisions rather than a normal moderator. 

For those who are curious, since they'll likely end up buried even more:

(This one isn't mine, but discussion from anyone is good.)

Edited by Reecitz

12 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

they meant only after the chair task is done, not after the 10 tasks for the pearl

9 hours ago, Yuuko said:

It means Shadow Flame is the best for boss fighting b/c it does higher single target damage, and the bolts won't be distracted anymore.  The increased damage per/bolt still helps with some utility vs hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys / etc, but its less reliable against groups.  Lunar flame is much more reliable against groups, able to easily flatten dozens of hounds / spiders / shadow monkeys in a single cast but has limited damage making it worse for boss fights*

*Only boss fight I really use lunar flame in is Bee Queen.

I thought this was always the consensus on the jobs each affinity type fire was for? (tho the shadow flame was always bad at its job, now its gonna do its job properly)

12 hours ago, Notecja said:

NOOOOO....!

Not like I even player wormwood or had any in the team, but that is just sad :C

Can at least other players wear let's say, weaker version?

Yeah, it's called Brightshade Armor

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, IAmAFurrz said:

I thought this was always the consensus on the jobs each affinity type fire was for? (tho the shadow flame was always bad at its job, now its gonna do its job properly)

Okay I was unclear - I'm not unsure about the division of the skills into being two separately purposed things.  I don't think anyone wants the skills to overlap.

What I'm unsure about is how incredibly powerful and reliable shadow flame is now.  Its too good.  It should probably have its damage boost reverted.  I thought the damage boost was done to offset the unreliable nature of the bolts in boss fights and make them more effective at hitting targets like hounds and shadow monkey who previously required 2 bolts too kill.  If the bolts are reliable against bosses, and will multi-hit smaller targets anyway, then the damage boost was unneeded.

Edited by Yuuko

16 minutes ago, Yuuko said:

Okay I was unclear - I'm not unsure about the division of the skills into being two separately purposed things.  I don't think anyone wants the skills to overlap.

What I'm unsure about is how incredibly powerful and reliable shadow flame is now.  Its too good.  It should probably have its damage boost reverted.  I thought the damage boost was done to offset the unreliable nature of the bolts in boss fights and make them more effective at hitting targets like hounds and shadow monkey who previously required 2 bolts too kill.  If the bolts are reliable against bosses, and will multi-hit smaller targets anyway, then the damage boost was unneeded.

I disagree personally, but at this point I'm more concerned with Willow's basic skills being improved, since most apparently only care about her affinity ones.