WANDA NEEDS A SKILL TREE!!

Actually no, Wanda isn’t in need of a skill tree anytime soon.. the characters needing skill trees are the ones that are lacking in variety and depth..

Willow (already has hers) Wendy, Warly, Wes?, Wortox??, Winona.

Characters like WX78, Maxwell, Wickerbottom, Walter?? and Wanda are the LAST characters lacking in depth to need immediate skill trees.

What I mean by that is Willow prior to Skill Tree Vs Willow after skill Tree..

Wendy is a one trick Pony, but as Willows and Woodies Skills have Shown- A skill tree could change that.

Wanda on the other hand.. is a jumbled mess of a bunch of different things (same with Walter) & while she will probably eventually get a skill tree, she doesn’t really need one if ima be honest..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wavey 1

19 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

For me, Wanda could be the last to receive the skill tree. I was even surprised that Wolfgang was one of the first.

It was important for Wolfgang to be one of the first. 

Because people would freak out (many did anyways) about power creep.

Interestingly no one is talking about "Wolfgang oppeeeeeee breaks the game!" So we can safely assume we can bring him up as an example for when people talk about skill trees being bad for strong characters.

• Like 6

7 minutes ago, HowlVoid said:

It was important for Wolfgang to be one of the first. 

Because people would freak out (many did anyways) about power creep.

Interestingly no one is talking about "Wolfgang oppeeeeeee breaks the game!" So we can safely assume we can bring him up as an example for when people talk about skill trees being bad for strong characters.

I think the same way as you and I think the same reasoning as the developers.

Be careful what you wish for, the characters that last received refresh got the best ones.

As Wanda main, I am hoping she is the last one to get hers for that reason because klei needs time to experiment and learn what works best so let them do it on other player's mains that want to get the benefits first but they will be less polished.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • GL Happy 1

I'd like Wanda to get her kit soon-ish b/c she is pretty bad in a planar world, but otherwise still feels fine.  Her kit can be simple like Wolfgangs.  Then Klei can check her off the list and spend more time on characters that actually need attention, not just planar catch-ups.

Edited by Yuuko
  • Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 5:36 PM, Mike23Ua said:

Characters like WX78, Maxwell, Wickerbottom, Walter?? and Wanda are the LAST characters lacking in depth to need immediate skill trees.

Bro the F? As a Walter main, in what way are you putting Walter and Wicker/Maxwell in the same bag? Maxwell and Wicker are basically "THE meta" right now because of how broken books are, even now that its an infinite, 0 cost mechanic because of bookshelves. Walter on the other hand is at the bottom of the barrel and most people give the "Nahh you trolling" to anyone that even dares entering The Constant as Walter lmao.

He is literally the character that would benefit the most from having a skill tree, a character full of potencial that lacks A LOT of depth, for example with his ammo and Woby. Half his problems have to do with numbers or percentages basically(speed of slingshot, low damage ammo, low hunger and speed on Woby) Most of these things can be fixed in one branch from the skill tree pretty much. And another branch could easily solve his lack of depth in the ammo, **** like that.

I can't even fathom how Wigfrid's skill tree was more urgent than Walter's honestly, she always did good in endgame, even with the planar mechanic. Although It could be that since he needs a lot of tweaks they are giving him a lot of testing etc.

Edited by kroban
  • Like 6

15 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Im curious why you consider Walter among the last. I’d put him first on the line if it was up to me, next to Winona.

14 hours ago, 00petar00 said:

Be careful what you wish for, the characters that last received refresh got the best ones.

If this is the reason then I could be on that boat too, Walter is one of those that needs the most well thought and dedicated trees

• Like 4
  • Health 1
  • Big Ups 1

As a 2k hr Wanda main idc if she gets a skill tree update soon or not but PLEASE do something about her Planar defense. Planar damage melts Wanda lol

• Like 1

Actually, Wanda's a third of the reason that I think skill trees are a bad idea. The other thirds are Maxwell and Wolfgang.

Wanda already has damn near everything she could want. She has great damage, can teleport, can revive other players cheaply, and has great survivability; despite supposedly being a glass cannon. The only things she could possibly want are a planar Alarming Clock and some resistance to DoT. By God in Heaven, that woman does NOT need a skill tree.

• Like 2
  • Big Ups 2

4 hours ago, Y0sH said:

As a 2k hr Wanda main idc if she gets a skill tree update soon or not but PLEASE do something about her Planar defense. Planar damage melts Wanda lol

Wanda mains when "fragile" character is suddenly fragile. 

• Like 5
  • GL Happy 1

4 hours ago, Y0sH said:

bone armor goes brrrr.

now for real, bone armor stops planar dmage too!

wanda has 2x range, more damage with the scythe, she is perfect as she is

• Like 3
  • GL Happy 1

Just now, Sacco said:

more damage with the scythe.

This. 

Can't believe Wanda mains are unironically mad that in the last 5% of the game they were given weapon variety for once. 

• Like 2
  • Happy Hazard 2
  • GL Happy 2

7 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

This. 

Can't believe Wanda mains are unironically mad that in the last 5% of the game they were given weapon variety for once. 

fr bro

5 hours ago, Y0sH said:

You are settling for little. See what a plant is doing to the game's combat. Wormwood deals area damage. Put monsters to sleep by eating a mushroom and use all kinds of new weapons. Combat isn't even his strong point. LOL!

If you watch Glermz's live you will see that he doesn't even use Wolfgang anymore. This is the power of combat that is not just a high number of simple damage.

Edited by Cruvimaster

7 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

If you watch Glermz's live you will see that he doesn't even use Wolfgang anymore. This is the power of combat that is not just a high number of simple damage

watching a random megabaser play and deriving a character tier list out of that isn't a good idea 

5 minutes ago, grm9 said:

watching a random megabaser play and deriving a character tier list out of that isn't a good idea 

No problem, I saw a speedrun with Wigfrid and she destroys Wanda when she gets the Enlightened Crown. Damage to multiple enemies and high defense and combat power. There's no such thing as weak talk that "it has high damage and therefore has to be fragile".

I don't know if you know Glermz or are scared of Klei giving Wormwood a nerf. Who knows...

Edited by Cruvimaster

6 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Im curious why you consider Walter among the last. I’d put him first on the line if it was up to me, next to Winona.

If this is the reason then I could be on that boat too, Walter is one of those that needs the most well thought and dedicated trees

Walter to me is a jumbled mess of a character who has so many different pros/cons/gimmicks that he feels like some weird workshop Modded Character.

Which is Why I don’t really feel like he’s in absolute immediate need of a skill tree.

• Wavey 1

8 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I saw a speedrun with Wigfrid

it probably wasn't really a speedrun because wigfrid isn't optimal for any category, might've just been a showcase of the character

8 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Walter to me is a jumbled mess of a character who has so many different pros/cons/gimmicks that he feels like some weird workshop Modded Character.

Which is Why I don’t really feel like he’s in absolute immediate need of a skill tree

so, because he's a mess, he shouldn't get changed?

8 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

she destroys Wanda when she gets the Enlightened Crown

you don't get enlightened crown in speedruns because no one speedruns all bosses and people doing quick runs usually leave it as the last boss anyway because no one's interested in waiting for bearger and crown isn't very good on e.g. wolfgang, also, wigfrid deals 116.875 damage per hit with ham bat and enlightened crown and wanda deals 185.3 with crown and 142.8 without

11 minutes ago, Cruvimaster said:

I don't know if you know Glermz or are scared of Klei giving Wormwood a nerf. Who knows..

???

Edited by grm9
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

Actually no, Wanda isn’t in need of a skill tree anytime soon.. the characters needing skill trees are the ones that are lacking in variety and depth..

Willow (already has hers) Wendy, Warly, Wes?, Wortox??, Winona.

What I mean by that is Willow prior to Skill Tree Vs Willow after skill Tree..

Wendy is a one trick Pony, but as Willows and Woodies Skills have Shown- A skill tree could change that.

Wanda on the other hand.. is a jumbled mess of a bunch of different things (same with Walter) & while she will probably eventually get a skill tree, she doesn’t really need one if ima be honest..

Walter???

32 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

Which is Why I don’t really feel like he’s in absolute immediate need of a skill tree.

oh i see

I didn’t say Walter and Wanda should NOT get skill trees, please keep this in mind.. I simply said that they have so many different things already going for them, that they aren’t in immediate NEED of a Skill Tree.

What this means: Is that characters like WX78, Wickerbottom, Walter & Wanda all have a ton of different things you can do with them already that define their “Character” and with that in mind, giving them Skill Trees would have to be a careful selection of what to even give them skills FOR.

For example, Wanda’s skill tree could involve allowing her to haunt her second chance clocks two additional times or even without breaking it, she could get extended whip range and planar damage on her Alarming Clock Yo-Yo, but because she already has a ton of stuff going on for her as is- What do we focus her skill tree even ON????

Walters in the same boat… do we give small Woby the ability to automatically chase the direction of hunt foot prints like a dog actually should be able to do? Do we extend the duration & use of his Portable Tents? Do we let the kid finally learn what fashion sense is? (Gain sanity wearing clothing) do we lessen or remove his deathly allergic trait to bees with a medical shot? Do we extend the range and speed of his slingshot? Do we give him Planar Pelts/Let him load his slingshot up with Brightshade Bombs?

I never said anything about them NOT ever needing a skill Tree, I simply said they shouldn’t be “First In Line” to get one.

• Wavey 1