[Game Update] - 597704

• Developer

Changes

• Scrappy Werepig can no longer be teleported away from the Junk Yard.
  • Celestial Orb spawn chances will have one additional roll for each meteor shower starting, relying solely on the player’s influence with Pearl and the Altars, to guarantee its spawn for that shower wave.
  • Maxwell’s Shadow Servants will no longer destroy Scared Stiff decor.
  • Horizon Expandinator may now be deconstructed.

Bug Fixes

• Fixed a crash related to the Bramble Husk while on a Punching Bag.
  • Fixed a crash related to the Bramble Trap hitting hostile creatures.
  • Fixed a crash related to the W.O.B.O.T. and building structures.
  • Fixed the Stuffed Night Cap cookbook image.
  • Fixed bug preventing Scrappy Werepig from respawning.
  • Fixed networking bug when taking items out of certain containers.
  • Fixed rot disappearing in rain when in containers and inventories.
  • Fixed the Scrappy Werepig not respawning.
  • Fixed logs having the tradable component on the client side.
  • Fixed Scared Stiff Giant Crops not showing the correct animation. 
  • Fixed Acid Rain not affecting spiders and Hutch.
  • Fixed Restrained Static non-looping animation.
  • Fixed a crash related to Poison Birchnut Trees and the Embalming Spritz.

View full update

• Like 38
  • Health 1
  • GL Happy 1

4 minutes ago, V2C said:
  • Horizon Expandinator may now be deconstructed.

I do hope it can be buffed so it increases the map reveal radius. Like the pirate hat in Shipwrecked.

• Like 15
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer

Here's some additional info to clear up any confusion you may have while trying out our beta over the weekend.

The Scrappy Werepig and Nightmare Werepig are the same creature, however, currently in the beta, they spawn independently so that he shows up more often and is easier to test.  This will eventually change, meaning that later, you won't be able to have both spawned at the same time.  We'll have more information about that at a later time.

We are working on making the Scaled Chest upgradable, but it was important for us to make sure our artists had the bandwidth to handle all the skins for it before promising anything immediately.

We are also looking into adding a stationary action state for the player when opening containers in your inventory.  We believe this is a fair tradeoff for not having them drop when opened.

• Like 61
  • Thanks 2
  • Health 2
  • Big Ups 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

5 minutes ago, V2C said:

We are also looking into adding a stationary action state for the player when opening containers in your inventory.

like a special little animation for players opening containers in their inventory? That sounds nice!

• Like 4
  • Shopcat 1

• Developer
Just now, WhackE said:

like a special little animation for players opening containers in their inventory? That sounds nice!

Just to clarify, this will be similar to how Maxwell uses his Magician's Top Hat, and moving will break him out of that state and automatically close the container.

• Like 52
  • Thanks 1
  • Big Ups 2

Quick question

-Is it intended that there can only be one sawhorse blueprint per world?? 
 would it be possible to unlock the blueprint trading it after her relic chair quest is complete? (like her other blueprints)

Edited by Pep61
  • Like 6

I'm biting the bullet, I know the repetition of me asking might be annoying, but I do feel it's a worthwhile question.

Since Willow and Wig are getting changes, is there any possibility of the team looking into an optional method to allow for Controlled burning to have spreading fires be a toggle?
I'm still running into instances where I'd wish for a way to allow my fires to spread!

• Like 10
  • Wavey 1
  • Shopcat 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

46 minutes ago, V2C said:

Celestial Orb spawn chances will have one additional roll for each meteor shower starting, relying solely on the player’s influence with Pearl and the Altars, to guarantee its spawn for that shower wave.

Can you explain how the mechanic works now?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

• Developer
5 minutes ago, Guille6785 said:

Can you explain how the mechanic works now?

In addition to the normal rolling for each meteor, when the meteor shower starts it rolls once using the modifier odds the player can increase such as completing Pearl's tasks and assembling the Altars. If this roll succeeds it will create the orb shell for the shower and skips the other random factors entirely.

• Like 18
  • Health 3

37 minutes ago, V2C said:

This will eventually change, meaning that later, you won't be able to have both spawned at the same time.  We'll have more information about that at a later time.

I hope eventually we can choose which werepig to kill and avoid having to do fights in a certain order. If not, maybe revise their drops. Specially Nightmare Werepig, which you can kill once for the BPs and get the other drops from other sources. Otherwise it could be annoying to fight them all if you want to farm just one of them.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

In addition to the normal rolling for each meteor, when the meteor shower starts it rolls once using the modifier odds the player can increase such as completing Pearl's tasks and assembling the Altars. If this roll succeeds it will create the orb shell for the shower and skips the other random factors entirely.

I don't know why but i imagined the Moon rolling some dice, hoping for the lucky orb.

• GL Happy 1

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

Would I be correct in that it works like this (using brj example):

1) A meteor shower spawns a large boulder (amount of which depends on the shower intensity)

2) With 15% chance, one of the large boulders is a moon rock boulder (that is if a large boulder spawns at all)

3) The Celestial Orb chances roll the dice and decide that the moon rock boulder contains the seed (only this criteria has been buffed in favor of the player)

So in number 2, now on top of the 15% chance there is an additional roll with higher odds per large boulder. If this roll succeeds it bypasses number 3 and guarantees the orb? But only on this higher chance roll.

• Wavey 1

2 hours ago, lunararoma said:

If we're going to argue that way, then we shouldn't eliminate rots either. Let's make the eggs by farming meat.

I'll allow it only if it takes a couple rain falls for them to vanish cuz it rains right after winter (right when the eggs rot)

2 hours ago, lunararoma said:

If we're going to argue that way, then we shouldn't eliminate rots either. Let's make the eggs by farming meat.

Rotten eggs are not nearly as impactful as rot is. Rot accumulates everywhere through most seasons because how often birds spam seeds , how often mobs infighting drops spoilables (which not always get eaten) etc

While handful of rotten eggs appear in few spots where Penguls camp after end of each Winter that's it.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, V2C said:

Scrappy Werepig can no longer be teleported away from the Junk Yard.

Is there at least some cool explanation for this, like the junk pile attracting and tanking the teleporting lightning? Or is this another case of "it doesn't work... because!"