[Game Update] - 597704

8 hours ago, HowlVoid said:

Would I be correct in that it works like this (using brj example):

1) A meteor shower spawns a large boulder (amount of which depends on the shower intensity)

2) With 15% chance, one of the large boulders is a moon rock boulder (that is if a large boulder spawns at all)

3) The Celestial Orb chances roll the dice and decide that the moon rock boulder contains the seed (only this criteria has been buffed in favor of the player)

So in number 2, now on top of the 15% chance there is an additional roll with higher odds per large boulder. If this roll succeeds it bypasses number 3 and guarantees the orb? But only on this higher chance roll.

no, now it's just meteor shower starts -> if celestial orb RNG procs (guaranteed if you completed crabby hermit's questline or got her to friend level 7 and put an altar on lunar though), the 1st meteor spawned will be the celestial orb meteor

Edited by grm9
  • Thanks 1
  • GL Happy 1

42 minutes ago, _zwb said:

Willow's revenge on Bernie

Shadow flames will attack walls, birds, butterflies, and all other things with health points. It even destroyed the decorative walls of my house.:wilson_cry:

• Like 6
  • Wavey 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

8 hours ago, V2C said:
  • Fixed Scared Stiff Giant Crops not showing the correct animation. 

View full update

It is amazing, but the only why i found to remove the giant waxed crops was with gunpowder. Please allow us to wax giant crops that were harvest.

9 hours ago, Instant-Noodles said:

Scrappy Chapauldron

Reveal hidden contents

hat_scrap-idle.gif.9d3c363ad3ecae00a10e36caf3c057fe.gif

What does it do?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, V2C said:

Here's some additional info to clear up any confusion you may have while trying out our beta over the weekend.

The Scrappy Werepig and Nightmare Werepig are the same creature, however, currently in the beta, they spawn independently so that he shows up more often and is easier to test.  This will eventually change, meaning that later, you won't be able to have both spawned at the same time.  We'll have more information about that at a later time.

We are working on making the Scaled Chest upgradable, but it was important for us to make sure our artists had the bandwidth to handle all the skins for it before promising anything immediately.

We are also looking into adding a stationary action state for the player when opening containers in your inventory.  We believe this is a fair tradeoff for not having them drop when opened.

One upgraded chest can hold nine items, so the function of mini sign is meaningless. I think the idea of upgrading the chest needs careful consideration, and the design of the skin is not popular

I know this might be OFF TOPIC

Can this feedback pass to the team

Increase UI size while playing splitscreen, the skill tree is nearly impossible to read along with some others UI elements too (even with max settings) and hide the enlighted crown slots when entering caves/surface PLEASE

Edited by Mx-Pain
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Habakkuk said:

What does it do?

nothing for now, it's unused and has no properties, only images for inventory, being on the player and a wilson's quote

45 minutes ago, Maxposting said:

i don't get why exactly was the moon orb rng change necessary but cool ig

because you could have it not spawn for a potentially infinite amount of time and it wasn't rare for people to not have it even after day 100

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, grm9 said:

because you could have it not spawn for a potentially infinite amount of time and it wasn't rare for people to not have it even after day 100

I didn't myself get this problem, but sure?
I thought the orb was meant to appear later into playthroughs as a means to swap characters and such.

• Like 2

Just now, Maxposting said:

I didn't myself get this problem, but sure?
I thought the orb was meant to appear later into playthroughs as a means to swap characters and such

you can make the stuff for swapping using lunar altars and you need orb for summoning CC 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Rotten eggs are not nearly as impactful as rot is. Rot accumulates everywhere through most seasons because how often birds spam seeds , how often mobs infighting drops spoilables (which not always get eaten) etc

While handful of rotten eggs appear in few spots where Penguls camp after end of each Winter that's it.

If you often wander around in winter, you'll come across quite rotten eggs laid by penguins.

• Like 1

Could we hope to get new Lunacy transition sounds on this update? I find it pretty lame honestly how this mechanic that is supposed to be the opposite of insanity uses the same sound for transitioning into it. Especially since the ambient it creates is so peaceful. Wouldn't it be better if it literally sounded like you achieved enlightenment?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lunararoma said:

If you often wander around in winter, you'll come across quite rotten eggs laid by penguins.

Tiny fraction compared to the amount of Rot that accumulates over time in the world.

Much less likely to cause issues if any.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, V2C said:

Fixed Acid Rain not affecting spiders

How are spiders affected, and is webber also effected by proxy?

if not could Webber also receive at least partial that effect from the acid rain, it should be benuetrialised by the new antiacid coating.

• Like 1

Celestial Orb changes are interesting because I have been doing CC runs. It sounds like there are now 2 rng rolls for the orb to spawn instead of 1, and the new roll will be influenced in some capacity by our progression with hermit and placing the altars. This is nice but i guess begs the question what are the numbers? if the first roll is only 10% with all quests done for example, this helps very little, but say if you completed the hermit quests and moved all the altars and the roll is 100% then of course its a big difference.

Edited by Bird Up

1 hour ago, lunararoma said:

not tiny it's huge.

Ok do you have any evidence that rotten eggs accumulate in such huge numbers that it can make a world/server laggy/unstable? In what niche and unlikely scenarios rotten eggs from Penguls accumulate in such "huge" numbers that it causes problems?

Cause I had no luck seeing "huge" amounts of rotten eggs from Penguls not on servers not in my solo worlds not even in my 900 days world and i don't bother to clean up.

While Rot on the other hand was everywhere and it kept coming.

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

Ok do you have evidence that rotten eggs accumulate in such huge numbers that it can make a world/server laggy/unstable? In what niche and unlikely scenarios rotten eggs from Penguls accumulate in such "huge" numbers that it causes problems?

I had no luck seeing "huge" amounts of rotten eggs from Penguls not on servers not in my solo worlds not even in my 900 days world and i don't bother to clean up.

While Rot on the other hand was everywhere and it kept coming.

In concept, once the rots are washed away, the rotten eggs should also be washed away. They are of the same kind, aren't they? My server is nearing its 30,000 days. I wander around all winter long, and with all that wandering, penguins breed like crazy. Without separate cleaning, rotten eggs overflow. Frankly, even with a lot of decay, if the computer specifications are high, the lag isn't that bad. However, it's too bothersome aesthetically and gets too messy, so I think of it as a patch for those with lower specs too. If you need rotten eggs, farm eggs and let them rot.

By the way, it's easy to make rots with an automated goat horn farming you know, but now that method is no longer available for rots. If those people are complaining about the rots being washed away by the rain, why not counter that as well?

• Like 1

Can you please add geometric placement or an item that provides grid for structure placement for us console players? I cant look at my asymmetrical base any longer. Also can you fix the bugs where the world spawns biomes that are mixed togather? Thank you  :wilson_flower:

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Suman Thapa said:

Can you please add geometric placement or an item that provides grid for structure placement for us console players? I cant look at my asymmetrical base any longer. Also can you fix the bugs where the world spawns biomes that are mixed togather? Thank you  :wilson_flower:

I just wanna pay my respects, I used to be a console player and I know it can be difficult. I wish you luck (also I’d recommend posting that bug in the bug tracker)

3 hours ago, Suman Thapa said:

Plus something to place items as "structure" so we or BS dont move or pick up them

44 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

When life gives you rotten eggs, make gunpowder.

And if you want to make gun powder you can feed a bird with frog legs from a frog rain... there are a lot of players that dont use gun powder and canons are niche so we dont waste that much canon balls to be worth having the entire world filled with rotten eggs and black feathers... 

• Like 1