Im against the whole rot washing away thing.

Checking the LIve. Theres alot of nice updates for longer worlds. Some good quality of life.

I saw one thing there about rot washing away in rain though.  That right there kind of feels like  its a problem for some people But not for others.
Rot gathering is useful.The only way rot gathers in the world is usually due to random seeds that don't get picked up And from neglegence from the player.
Seeds already however are only a new player thing. The amount birds drop diminishes over time as you play a world.
I just feel like this change is kind of more like a change made in those anti griefing mods.

Like oh new players in a world can not light anything on fire When thats like a strategy to survive in winter. Its something that sounds good on paper but doesn't really apply well in practice.

But like rot already has anti lag features. Ones like how it auto stacks to other rots near by. plus rot does add value   If we are going to really speak about anti lag Twiggy trees are something that do add alot of entities in the game. And they are unavoidable unless you turf out a whole area in rocky turf.

And then the comments of If you want rot why don't you just go farm it with bulbs or foliage.
Idk rot is just something I should expect to have Instead of needing to farm it right?
I'm not a mega baser so rot control is pretty simple The fact that its flamable is just a better use case for me.

So is rot really that crazy of a problem to create an auto delete function in the world?

• Like 3

If you play alone in single player then it’s not an issue, but if you play the game in multiplayer with other players, then the game not only has to account for you & your position, but also 5 other players.

For example: I have a buddy who loves to randomly throw seeds into the ground as wormwood, and just walk away leaving it to grow/rot on its own.

This means that as I walk about my game world I’ll come across random wormwood crops/rots.

It gets WORSE when you activate Lunar Rifts, because Wormwoods crops can & will be targeted by Deadly Brightshades.

A GOOD Wormwood player can use this to their advantage to force Brightshades to spawn exactly where they want them to spawn, but most WW players (especially my Buddy..) are Under-Skilled newbies: And planting random crops in the dirt everywhere they walk can lead to more rot & Brightshades than you ever wanted to deal with.

I feel like WW crops being targeted by Brightshades was sort of an Oversight with his rework, I mean if you need a lore reason why it shouldn’t work- Wormwood is a Lunar Moon being who was brought to life by the powers of the moon effecting a Green Gem.

Anyway: If you want a lot of rot just get lightbulbs from caves or plant a bunch of random flowers, and pluck them.

Wendys Sisturn (when filled) as well as just leaving Juicy Berries on the ground can amass plenty of rot.

This change makes me actually interested to play WW again, Wormwoods entire gimmick was supposed to be about having a harder time healing- and that was kinda easy to do when he could sit up his own “Rot Stations” all over the game world.

I for one am glad rot will now decay if left in rain.

The only downside to this that I can think of is that Wickerbottom can force said rains all by herself.

Edited by Mike23Ua
  • Like 1
  • Wavey 1

I think this could be a world creation toggle. I can sorta see why some people would not want it.

This is something I've been wanting in the game since... as long as I could remember. It's something I've been yearning for, for years now.
Rot builds up so, so, so much in our longer lasting worlds, it's gotten to a point burning and finding them all is a chore.
There's so many other items I'd want to also wash away, but I'll leave that alone for now...

• Like 32
  • Big Ups 1

As a wormwood main, having free rot around the world can be useful. That being said, I’m never low on rot past the earlygame, and it’s absurdly easy to get if I ever do need it; I wouldn’t miss this floor rot being gone. I understand where you’re coming from, but I think this is a non-issue.

• Like 8

If you want rot just go to the caves and gather some stacks of lightbulbs and put it in a chest. If you need it ASAP for some kind of rotphilia summon toad and drop them in a spore cloud

Trash creates more harm than good

• Like 4

5 hours ago, -Variant said:

I think this could be a world creation toggle. I can sorta see why some people would not want it.

+1 to this, it really should be a world toggle option

• Like 4
  • Health 1

6 hours ago, -Variant said:

Rot builds up so, so, so much in our longer lasting worlds, it's gotten to a point burning and finding them all is a chore.

It is good for wormwood players.

• Haha 1
  • Big Ups 1

I really like the change. Now I don't need an inventory slot dedicated to rot late game in order to reduce lag. Making it a world toggle would be nice for those who don't like it though.

Edited by EATZYOWAFFLEZ
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, -Variant said:

This is something I've been wanting in the game since... as long as I could remember. It's something I've been yearning for, for years now.
There's so many other items I'd want to also wash away, but I'll leave that alone for now...

This. 1,000 times this.

This is what "Everyone wins" looks like.

• Like 1
  • Health 1

I assume it's being done for performance maybe? Original DS has a lot of failsafes for junk on the ground and this is nothing new. Moleworms would eat dropped rocks, lureplants would eat anything, and if all else fails I believe items would force-stack themselves to save space. Isn't this kind of in the spirit of that?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, cropo said:

I assume it's being done for performance maybe? Original DS has a lot of failsafes for junk on the ground and this is nothing new. Moleworms would eat dropped rocks, lureplants would eat anything, and if all else fails I believe items would force-stack themselves to save space. Isn't this kind of in the spirit of that?

you can get rocks out of moleworms' burrows and lureplants don't spawn at your base and you can remove them

Washing away the rot is fine, but they should add a new way to make (more) rot as well. 

Essentially make a rot composting bin with better food > rot ratios where you can just load it up, and based off the value of food it can give you 1-4 rot

Aka make higher quality foods (ie large meats) give multiple rot when rot composted, while smaller things/berries will give less. 

The TLDR is if the devs are adding an automatic way to remove rot, they should balance it out with an intentional way to add it (on a side note I don't know the mechanics of the composting bin well enough as to whether this is something adequate or easily tweakable for the purpose, I'm just a rot gatherer) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kwaik said:

Washing away the rot is fine, but they should add a new way to make (more) rot as well. 

Is this really needed? Just overproduce crops and you will have rot for years

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gamehun20 said:

Is this really needed? Just overproduce crops and you will have rot for years

Rot is that thing that you always have too much, until you use it and realize that you don't have enough.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2024 at 6:42 AM, Jakepeng99 said:

It is good for wormwood players.

As a Wormwood main, you will NEVER have problem with not enough rot. Seriously. The amount of food you can produce is insane it's never really an issue.

I have an obvious question- Rot washes away in rain, this we know.. but if it doesn’t also wash away in caves Acid Rain, that’s a HUGE oversight on behalf of Klei.

So does it also wash away in Acid Rain as well? We wouldn’t want all those #Wormwood mains to have an easy way of avoiding their rot from washing away by just building rot farms down inside caves..now would We? ;) 

Edited by Mike23Ua

39 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

I have an obvious question- Rot washes away in rain, this we know.. but if it doesn’t also wash away in caves Acid Rain, that’s a HUGE oversight on behalf of Klei.

So does it also wash away in Acid Rain as well? We wouldn’t want all those #Wormwood mains to have an easy way of avoiding their rot from washing away by just building rot farms down inside caves..now would We? ;) 

Who has an issue with rot in the caves? 99% of rot pollution comes from littered bird seeds on the surface. Caves litter comes in the form of moleworms, minerals, poop, beard hair, slurper pelts, guano...

1 hour ago, Mike23Ua said:

Caves also have normal rain post rift

plus caves doesn't have much problem with rot unlike in the surface where seeds and whatnot drop from birds

if a wormwood wants to farm rot, he can very much just gather loads of lightbulbs

if they want it now then he'll poke toadstool

plus they can also craft juicy berry bushes

either it washes away from acid rain or not isn't much of an issue

While I also find rot useful in a way, because I use them as fuels (they are simply too easy to stockpile past early game), this new feature isn’t much of a big deal for me. Just put them in a chest. 

I don't see the issue with rot washing away because it'll reduce lag and increase performance. Also to stay natural to the world it would come back to nature and be part of the ground again. 

Also another point is that rot isn't expensive and nor it's hard to gather, get enough stone fruit, petals or anything food related and you'll have hundreds of it stacked upon stacks.

Also it's unappealing to see rot laying around in nature forever and keep piling. We got Wagstaff for that now. :(

• Like 1