Im against the whole rot washing away thing.

Well, I very strongly disagree. I love to not bother with picking up food because the rain will clean it up. I have absolutely no issues with having to farm for rot instead of taking it for granted. And most importantly I like how it makes perfect sence and is not always desirable. Deal with it, it's a new environmental mechanic. Fire burns things and water washes them away. 

I do wish it would also work on poop and guano. Both for cleaning and for harder resource gathering. 

• Like 4

I likely have tens of thousands of rot from hound farming, volt goat farming, stone fruit farming, etc

At a certain point it's completely unfeasible to pick it all up, I say it goes the way of Ash: pick it up if you really want to keep it

• Like 2

When it comes to 'garbage' items that passively accumulate in ones world; think rocks, rot, rotten eggs, poops (kinda), twigs etc, I thnik the moleworm approach would be much better.

Klei should create multiple moleworm-like creatures (passive, multiply-able, spawnpoint possible to relocate) that don't drop any morsels (as to not overfill the world with easy morsel sources) that just eat a specific item.

That way the players would be able to control where the garbage items are taken care of and where they can be used as part of a setting

Cuz right now, if rot dissolving becomes a world setting toggle, you'll have to make a choice, either you clean your world of rot and can't use it for decorative purposes, or you decorae with rot and it slowly accumulates in your world. And I think that this is a bad approach cuz like.... will the devs now make it so that you can also spray regular items so that they become decorative? That'd be another bandaid fix

• Like 2

even with multiplayer i never had problem if rot cus overabundance of food. especially if there one that love farming + excess seed = rot aswell
and the biggest rot supplier is stone fruit. even in salt box is fast spoiling sometimes we just lazy to bundle em and decided they can rot in salt/icebox. 
we never really intended to "farm rot" it just happen when u suddenly have full chest of rot available.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Szczuku said:

rot and can't use it for decorative purposes

How do you use it as a decoration if rot autostaks with other nearby rot??

Edited by arubaro
  • Like 1
  • GL Happy 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:17 PM, DVGMedia said:

I'm not a mega baser

That pretty much explains why u don't see the issue buddy. I used to do it back in the time and we are talking about insane amounts like more than a whole chest, easily, in a couple biomes like swamp

Every rain seems like not a solution tho so I will give u that. It is indeed  good to find some rot in the  early and mid game around ya. But dude a world after 1k just has it everywhere.

On 3/1/2024 at 1:43 PM, -Variant said:

I think this could be a world creation toggle. I can sorta see why some people would not want it.

This is something I've been wanting in the game since... as long as I could remember. It's something I've been yearning for, for years now.
Rot builds up so, so, so much in our longer lasting worlds, it's gotten to a point burning and finding them all is a chore.
There's so many other items I'd want to also wash away, but I'll leave that alone for now...

Totally this

On 3/13/2024 at 9:12 AM, Mr Giggio said:

That pretty much explains why u don't see the issue buddy. I used to do it back in the time and we are talking about insane amounts like more than a whole chest, easily, in a couple biomes like swamp

Don't get me wrong its a nice thing.  I only get hurt by it cause i like to leave things on the ground and not make chests because chests were already a bad solution.
But this update addresses both of those problems in one.

I just would like to not have my style of leaving things on the ground not be trampled on.

It really bothers me to see rot wherever I go. I personally like this change.

It is so easy to get rot once u get the stone fruits. 

1- gather 400 stones fruits , stacked in clusters of 10 each

2- drop on the ground

3- explode them with gunpowder

4- now u have tons of  stonefruits that rot really fast, rocks and even more seeds.

6 hours ago, DVGMedia said:

I only get hurt by it cause i like to leave things on the ground and not make chests because chests were already a bad solution.

Ok so in that case I might suggest u a pretty underrated solution mate - backpacks are a cheaper version of chests

Like 4 grass 4 twigs for storing one less slot that u can store pretty much every edible by pigs/merms/buzzards/hounds, itens that will loose durability if on the floor or in cases like rot now

• Like 2

World setting sounds like the best option here, me personally? I’d have rain wash away rot, poop, guano, and make certain non-edible items turn into items that can rot. Like twiggy trees have their twigs turn into mush over time and then that rot eventually gets rained away.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Mr Giggio said:

Ok so in that case I might suggest u a pretty underrated solution mate - backpacks are a cheaper version of chests

Like 4 grass 4 twigs for storing one less slot that u can store pretty much every edible by pigs/merms/buzzards/hounds, itens that will loose durability if on the floor or in cases like rot now

I do actually do that surprisingly enough lol  especially since I got so many pack skins it ends up working out.