Frostjaw is currently the only boss in the game that doesn't drop a figure sketch and a Winter's Feast ornament

I don't understand why these weren't added together with the boss. Was it so hard to put a cohesive update and not forget these tiny details? Especially considering that a weak earlier we got an update which added missing Winter's feast ornaments for Lunar Mutant boss variants, Werepig and even for Ink Blights who are technically not even a boss. Why release a half-baked and incomplete Frostjaw who currently drops nothing on death, not even measly decorations? 

It upsets me so much to think that we have to wait until the next Winter's Feast now to get that missing ornament. What's worse is that with how long Winter's feast lasted this year I kept hoping they will add the forgotten ornament with a little bug fix while it's still not late but it didn't happen. 

Edited by Lovens
  • Like 5
  • Health 1
  • Sad Dupe 1

Also- several of the newer content updates (including frostjaw boss) do not have world generation toggle settings, but a lot of the older content updates do.

and considering Klei has stated this years 2024 roadmap each update will feature character updates/QoL fixes, now’s as good a time as any to bring it up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, grm9 said:

they probably consider it about as hard and important as a treeguard/spider queen/lord of the fruit flies, since those don't have own statues and ornaments either

I disagree. It mostly follows other Giants' patterns rather than other mini-boss' patterns:

• Only one copy of Frostjaw exists at a time (Treeguards and Spider Queens can be summoned in large quantities and players have some form of control to force spawn them when they need it. LoTFF can only exist in two copies (surface and caves) but he can also be summoned by farming when specific conditions are met, and players have control over where he spawns).
  • Frostjaw has 8000 health which is more than Bearger and Moose Goose (6000). Both of these drop ornaments.
  • Frostjaw has a dedicated setpiece with its own theme (Icy Island, Glaciers in the water around it, Fishing Hole). Just like BQ, AG and Dfly all of which drop ornaments.
  • Frostjaw seems to respawn every 20 days like any other raid boss
  • Frostjaw doesn't die at the end just like Werepig who also drops ornament now
  • Frostjaw uses powerful attacks (knockback like Lunar Mutants/Werepig, traps you in ice like FW cages you) and has several distinct attacks. All of the mini-bosses only have one type of attack (two of them spawn minions though but the base attack is the same).
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, grm9 said:

they probably consider it about as hard and important as a treeguard/spider queen/lord of the fruit flies, since those don't have own statues and ornaments either

Definitely not. This would make no sense at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lovens said:

Was it so hard to put a cohesive update and not forget these tiny details?

You can suggest something without being so rude about it, jeez. It’s just an ornament and a statue, yeah it should have them but it’s not that big of a deal that it doesn’t

1 minute ago, goblinball said:

You can suggest something without being so rude about it, jeez. It’s just an ornament and a statue, yeah it should have them but it’s not that big of a deal that it doesn’t

How is that rude? I just stated the facts. Also I did ask about it during the Frostjaw beta here on forums and didn't get a response from Klei. 

13 minutes ago, The Starver said:

Uhhh... nope. Fuelweaver and Werepig spring immediately to mind.

By "kill" i meant Frostjaw doesn't go <poof!> after defeat like those bosses do. He sticks around.

Hence why i put the quotes around "kill"

Edited by ALCRD
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ALCRD said:

By "kill" i meant Frostjaw doesn't go <poof!> after defeat like those bosses do. He sticks around

it gets removed a few minutes after you unload it iirc

• Sanity 1

1 hour ago, grm9 said:

it gets removed a few minutes after you unload it iirc

What do you mean removed? He becomes a "trader" of sorts for rest of the game after defeat no? That was the premise of that boss.

(Note i haven't beaten him personally yet just saw videos)

Edited by ALCRD

1 hour ago, ALCRD said:

What do you mean removed? He becomes a "trader" of sorts for rest of the game after defeat no? That's was the premise of that boss.

Idk for how long but he only stays as trader for a while, later you need to wait until the island respawns and defeat him again

Btw I love this boss, good fight, needing to trade fish for a good loot and also being able to gather a lot of ice.  A statue of him would look really dope

• Like 2
  • Health 1
  • Sanity 1

Unless I'm misremembering, they took a while to add a figure sketch and ornament to the Nightmare Werepig after he was added, so it's possible that they're doing the same with Frostjaw.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 12:10 AM, ALCRD said:

What do you mean removed? He becomes a "trader" of sorts for rest of the game after defeat no? That was the premise of that boss.

He despawns really fast which is weird.

On 2/17/2024 at 11:30 AM, DegenerateFurry said:

In addition to forgetting this sketch and ornament (which I agree they should add soon), they still haven't added a flower for Abigail from Wendy's most recent skin.

not all wendy skins have flowers