Happy Valentine's Day!

1 hour ago, D_Good_Fellow said:

I can't fathom why anyone wanted to make or see this.

Stay cool, it's valentine day. Of course they're gonna make a love story (or friendship?). The lore will surely come later, or if not... I don't mind too much. DS lore has never been all that interesting to me. I'd be happy just seeing the survivors interact with each other. (pls let Wicker and Wurt have a short together)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

It seems to have been established that female mermes have horns. They could rework these items to make it look cool.

I theorize that Wurt is the daughter of this couple and for some reason she didn't know that her father was a pig.

Captura de tela 2024-02-15 101358.png

There is another theory that merms with horns are smarter and more advanced since they are less corrupt, which also makes sense too with guard merms, Wurt and the smart compasionate merm in the trailor.

3 hours ago, Paxtonnnn said:

Took about 18 hours for this kind of post, that’s gotta be a record

And 18 hours on the internet without negative comments is legitimately impressive, lol. It probably helps that this was not gameplay related.

3 hours ago, SapoLover said:

Stay cool, it's valentine day. Of course they're gonna make a love story (or friendship?). The lore will surely come later, or if not... I don't mind too much. DS lore has never been all that interesting to me. I'd be happy just seeing the survivors interact with each other. (pls let Wicker and Wurt have a short together)

I think you misunderstand. I'm not disappointed in the lack of lore; in fact I think lore is probably better off left to flavor text and player imagination.

Yes, I would also prefer more shorts of the characters interacting!! That's part of why this was such a disappointment to me: literally none of the characters from the game I love are here. This is honestly exactly what I was worried would happen when they said "lore-based" shorts. I'm not invested in the game's generic enemies, I'm invested in the characters.

I don't want to harp on it too much because, like I said, this is extraordinarily well made. The animators should still be proud of this. I just... really don't get the appeal of the subject matter.

16 hours ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I have checked both of your accounts and I see the item exists in your Klei Inventory. Consoles are delayed so they will not see the items to use in game for now. If you are on the computer version try verifying your game files to make sure the patch applied correctly.

Thank you for the reply! Just got mine today! :love_heart:

Spoiler

20240215151658_1.jpg.80ddaecf9f310f0b1f812fc42ad581fe.jpg

• Like 1
  • Health 1

8 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

It seems to have been established that female mermes have horns. They could rework these items to make it look cool.

It would be cool if they edited the book about Romeo and Juliet a little

Без названия177_20240216001900.png

Edited by Creatorofswamps
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, RainBO_OM said:

day by day our hope for Wigfrid and Willow skilltree cinematic fades, love this one though 

Oh don't worry, I'm sure that once Klei comes up with an explanation they'll let us know why the cinematic wasn't about the girls

9 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

The short's merm and Wurt are Guard merms, not something that is for the female merms only

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Cruvimaster said:

I theorize that Wurt is the daughter of this couple and for some reason she didn't know that her father was a pig.

Captura de tela 2024-02-15 101358.png

Not the female merms have horns it that merm guards do

it’s the reason why she’s the only one that can recruit guards and why she gets the face paint like the guards when merm king is activated and why guards look like her when the king is dead

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Dr.Webber said:

it’s the reason why she’s the only one that can recruit guards and why she gets the face paint like the guards when merm king is activated and why guards look like her when the king is dead

Perhaps the mermaids of the guards consist only of women, this may well be

51 minutes ago, Creatorofswamps said:

Perhaps the mermaids of the guards consist only of women, this may well be

Possibly, I could dig the science of having sexual dimorphism in dst but either way she has horns because she’s a merm guard

On 2/15/2024 at 2:44 PM, D_Good_Fellow said:

Oh boy... I guess it's finally my turn to be the sourpuss. Here goes.

I'll start by giving credit where credit is due. The short is lovingly animated, down to every frame, so I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that hard work. I also like the narrator voice; very charming an unique (same one from the Wortox short, yeah?). Well done, genuinely.

But like... I really don't understand the appeal of this short, or the point of this short, or even what this short has to do with Don't Starve at all...? Like yeah these are certainly enemies that appear in the game, but they don't behave even remotely like this. The short could have been about a stray cat vs. dog fight with barely any changes, so I fail to see the appeal it's supposed to have for a Don't Starve fan.

There are so many amazing characters in Don't Starve, yet this is the second freaking animation in a row where the main character is a random pig!!! How is it that Willow, Wendy, WX, and Webber now all feature in less of the animations than pig men!? Not to mention DLC characters like Wanda and Wortox who have barely been animated at all since their introduction! Why is this the sort of content Klei is prioritizing!?

And again, there's nothing wrong with the animation itself it's just... I can't fathom why anyone wanted to make or see this. If "lore" is really the explanation, I have officially lost any interest in DS lore. 

It's just a treat from Klei to us players with a free skin, no need to read too much about it. I believe Klei doesn't have any plans on creating any new couples besides "Charlie and Maxwell" so creating a short about valentine's day with mobs is just easier since it doesn't change the lore too much, it's just meant to be fun and a light way to approach a holiday. Imo we should all be happy about this, it's a super cute short, we got a pretty good free skin and this probably won't affect our roadmap at all. 

• Like 11

On 2/14/2024 at 9:09 PM, Francis2000 said:

I love these little stories, but I have a small request: subtitles, please...:wickerbottomthanks:
Just English subtitles are enough. Youtube has an automatic translation function to convert the subtitles into a language familiar to the viewer.

We added English captions. We'll try to do these for any future shorts with voiced audio. Thanks for the suggestion!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 6
  • Health 1