Happy Valentine's Day!

23 minutes ago, _zwb said:

It's funny how mushrooms exist in the swamp in this shorts, like Klei developers know there should be mushrooms in the swamp, yet they just removed it for whatever reason.

Makes no sense. They should add them back.

• Like 2
  • Health 1
  • Spooky 1

1 hour ago, chirsg said:

i didn't get the drop

At least I wasn't the only one. I even checked the belongings tab, but the last one there is the twitch drop tent. Maybe it will drop tomorrow

• Like 2

Firstly this is probably one of the best shorts made in DST's lifespan, the story was interesting and on point, and I'm really happy you guys committed to the darker, grim ending, it way more impact because of that. I will say the narrator was a little annoying though, I think he could've talked less, silence goes a long ways, if you've ever seen the short film Paperman, you'll see why.

Also the new Wilson hair is so GOOD, I hope you learn the takeaway from this is to stop making skins with gross neon hair that don't match the style. The new hair is such a huge improvement and I hope someone sees this because this is good positive feedback that I am providing for once, and I want to see you guys do more good things like this with skins so I hope this reinforces that. PLEASE.

• Like 2
  • GL Happy 1

• Developer
2 hours ago, chirsg said:

i didn't get the drop

42 minutes ago, dexobj said:

At least I wasn't the only one. I even checked the belongings tab, but the last one there is the twitch drop tent. Maybe it will drop tomorrow

I have checked both of your accounts and I see the item exists in your Klei Inventory. Consoles are delayed so they will not see the items to use in game for now. If you are on the computer version try verifying your game files to make sure the patch applied correctly.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, _zwb said:

It's funny how mushrooms exist in the swamp in this shorts, like Klei developers know there should be mushrooms in the swamp, yet they just removed it for whatever reason.

In fairness, you can get the "set piece" ring of mushrooms in the swamp, but I hear ya. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JesseB_Klei said:

I have checked both of your accounts and I see the item exists in your Klei Inventory. Consoles are delayed so they will not see the items to use in game for now. If you are on the computer version try verifying your game files to make sure the patch applied correctly.

just checked now. thanks. 

• Like 3

I love these little stories, but I have a small request: subtitles, please...:wickerbottomthanks:
Just English subtitles are enough. Youtube has an automatic translation function to convert the subtitles into a language familiar to the viewer.

• Like 5
  • Spooky 1

It seems to have been established that female mermes have horns. They could rework these items to make it look cool.

I theorize that Wurt is the daughter of this couple and for some reason she didn't know that her father was a pig.

Captura de tela 2024-02-15 101358.png

• Health 1

Oh boy... I guess it's finally my turn to be the sourpuss. Here goes.

I'll start by giving credit where credit is due. The short is lovingly animated, down to every frame, so I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge that hard work. I also like the narrator voice; very charming an unique (same one from the Wortox short, yeah?). Well done, genuinely.

But like... I really don't understand the appeal of this short, or the point of this short, or even what this short has to do with Don't Starve at all...? Like yeah these are certainly enemies that appear in the game, but they don't behave even remotely like this. The short could have been about a stray cat vs. dog fight with barely any changes, so I fail to see the appeal it's supposed to have for a Don't Starve fan.

There are so many amazing characters in Don't Starve, yet this is the second freaking animation in a row where the main character is a random pig!!! How is it that Willow, Wendy, WX, and Webber now all feature in less of the animations than pig men!? Not to mention DLC characters like Wanda and Wortox who have barely been animated at all since their introduction! Why is this the sort of content Klei is prioritizing!?

And again, there's nothing wrong with the animation itself it's just... I can't fathom why anyone wanted to make or see this. If "lore" is really the explanation, I have officially lost any interest in DS lore. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wavey 2